InEarZ (Fisher Hearing) Custom Remold Owner's Thread
Nov 20, 2013 at 11:17 AM Post #2,431 of 3,191
  Something weird happened with my reshells. I've had em for about 4 months now, and the part where the cable enters the shell disintegrated.The sound seemed weaker on one side so I pulled out that side and that little area fell apart. I'll post pics later.

that is really weird….I have had my reshells for over three years, then had them reshelled again because I wanted a different color shame and they are still holding up….I use them every single day too….Send them back and Fisher will take care of it….Great customer service

Nov 20, 2013 at 5:21 PM Post #2,432 of 3,191
Yeah I'll send em over, it's just strange that it happened so I was wondering if anyone had similar problems. I don't even use them that much but I leave them next to an AC unit, so maybe constant cold could have caused it?

Nov 21, 2013 at 4:58 PM Post #2,434 of 3,191
  Yeah I'll send em over, it's just strange that it happened so I was wondering if anyone had similar problems. I don't even use them that much but I leave them next to an AC unit, so maybe constant cold could have caused it?

Being next to the AC unit sounds like a highly probable cause.  The pin housing is one of the weakest parts of the acrylic shell. Extreme cold temperature and variants of plastic material does not pair well. 

Nov 21, 2013 at 5:54 PM Post #2,435 of 3,191
Just received my remolded IEMs yesterday from InEarZ. Overall, very happy with the service! The turnaround time was a lot quicker than I expected, especially since I'm in Australia.

I sent my impressions to them on the 1st November, and received the invoice on the 15th November. Shipping only took 4-5 days, which is incredible - I often wait up to a month for shipments from the US. Kudos to Kaysen, who was very helpful throughout the process.

In terms of fit, they seal properly and are very comfortable. I'm so glad they worked out fine on the first go, since I wanted to avoid shipping them back across the world, not to mention the additional time it would take. I ordered a cable from Chris_Himself just before sending my impressions to InEarZ, but still haven't heard back from him, despite trying to contact him a couple of times, so I haven't been able to test the sound.

Here are some pics:

Nov 21, 2013 at 8:52 PM Post #2,436 of 3,191
I ordered my customs over a year ago and had problems with them and today I reached out to Kaysen and she was very helpful and was very willing to fix my TF10 reshells for me. I will be sending in my monitors and impressions tomorrow, I will update you guys when I get them back. Definitely feel like I'll be in good hands.
biggrin.gif

Dec 4, 2013 at 2:47 PM Post #2,438 of 3,191
So, I got my JH16s back today from Inearz, I took the day off from work so I could be here when they arrived lol.  I am again very pleased with their service!  Turnaround was about 2 weeks, which is almost unheard of.

The shells look fantastic, I was impressed by the new finish that Inearz has achieved with the new polishing technique, it's easily as good or better than my UM customs were in the past. The pictures really don't do the shells justice they are beautiful.   

I requested musician's fit, triple bore, recessed sockets, and the fit is perfect.  The sound is just as I remember my old JH16, no sound signature change.  This is the second JH16 they have reshelled for me so I wasn't worried.  This is my 3rd reshell from Inearz, and they have proven to provide an excellent service, my TF10 is over 3 years old and I haven't had any problems at all.  Kaysen was very helpful and gracious in answering all my questions regarding reshells and freqphase, JH-3A etc.  

If you're on the fence about which company to go with: the best price, quality, and best customer service you will be very happy with Inearz.

Dec 5, 2013 at 2:23 AM Post #2,439 of 3,191
  So, I got my JH16s back today from Inearz, I took the day off from work so I could be here when they arrived lol.  I am again very pleased with their service!  Turnaround was about 2 weeks, which is almost unheard of.

The shells look fantastic, I was impressed by the new finish that Inearz has achieved with the new polishing technique, it's easily as good or better than my UM customs were in the past. The pictures really don't do the shells justice they are beautiful.   

I requested musician's fit, triple bore, recessed sockets, and the fit is perfect.  The sound is just as I remember my old JH16, no sound signature change.  This is the second JH16 they have reshelled for me so I wasn't worried.  This is my 3rd reshell from Inearz, and they have proven to provide an excellent service, my TF10 is over 3 years old and I haven't had any problems at all.  Kaysen was very helpful and gracious in answering all my questions regarding reshells and freqphase, JH-3A etc.  

If you're on the fence about which company to go with: the best price, quality, and best customer service you will be very happy with Inearz.

Agreed! Best price, great quality and looks, good customer service too! I've done two reshells with them so far, and I would definitely recommend them.

congrats on your latest jh16!

Dec 5, 2013 at 10:59 AM Post #2,440 of 3,191
Totally agree…..I'm getting my fourth reshell from them at the moment…….Best in the business

Dec 5, 2013 at 11:28 AM Post #2,443 of 3,191
The canal part is slightly longer than a regular fit, supposed to be a little better for sound, but less comfort, and I will be using this for stage work on the weekends..

Quote:
  what do you mean by musician's fit…..excuse my ignorance

Users who are viewing this thread

Back