InEarZ (Fisher Hearing) Custom Remold Owner's Thread
Jan 24, 2012 at 1:35 PM Post #826 of 3,191
Divorce proceedings, basically stopped eating, I lost a lot of muscle and fat.  I love some good Korean food, no restaurants around here.

Quote:
Did you cut back on da KimChee. :wink:

Ate Korean food this past week. Good 2 portions of KimChee :)

Jan 24, 2012 at 1:37 PM Post #827 of 3,191
When I had mine reshelled all I had was a set of JVC Marshmellows, that I use for cutting the grass.  It was painful, but for me only 2 weeks.

Quote:
I am not sure I could handle getting customs. The time having them gone would be brutal. Not to mention its not a one time deal since your ears can change and having them re-fitted would mean even more time without them.

Jan 24, 2012 at 1:38 PM Post #828 of 3,191

Quote:
Divorce proceedings, basically stopped eating, I lost a lot of muscle and fat.  I love some good Korean food, no restaurants around here.

Oh sorry to hear your loss. I lost quite a bit of weight myself recently from going back and forward between shifts. I didn't even know I lost over 20lbs until I fit into my surf shorts that are normally super tight lol.
rolleyes.gif

Jan 24, 2012 at 1:40 PM Post #829 of 3,191
That is why even after getting my TF10s and eventually Heir 8.A I will still keep one dynamic universal IEM (between the IE80 and FX700; probably the IE80 will stay). I can't go through that torture of regression :).

Quote:
When I had mine reshelled all I had was a set of JVC Marshmellows, that I use for cutting the grass.  It was painful, but for me only 2 weeks.

Jan 24, 2012 at 7:59 PM Post #832 of 3,191
Jan 25, 2012 at 1:17 AM Post #833 of 3,191
Hi,

I'm new to the thread.  I have a pair of SE530's with the good 'ol cable issue and I've been looking around on here the past few days to try to decide what to do.  I think I'm gonna go ahead and get the InEarZ remold and I'm gonna have to line up a place to get the impressions done in the next few days, hoping I will be able to get in on the group buy as well.  

This forum has been a huge help and I'm hooked!  Thanks to all for such a nice forum!

Jan 25, 2012 at 2:40 AM Post #834 of 3,191
Hey everyone, ive had this thread on my open tabs for months now almost a year and i havent gotten one of these yet. I just took my TF10 headphones on a trip and i forgot how painful they get after about 30 minutes of use. These headphones become so uncomfortable that i dont wanna wear them. Thankfully i had this thread open forever (for a good reason as well). I just read about a group buy, i would love to join this if someone could forward me a PM about it i would appreciate it.

Now ive read through a few pages but its going to be impossible to read through all 50.

Any suggestions on what to do to the headphones? Im planning on changing the moldings and the wires. Is there anything else i should do or is there a specific model that you guys could recommend me to go with for my TFi10 headphones?

Thank you!

Jan 25, 2012 at 9:14 AM Post #835 of 3,191
Welcome to the thead.  It's actually worth your while to read through everything (skimming over the sections of mindless dribble) to get a better idea about what options are available.  Go to inearz.com and in the 'contact us' section is Kaysen's address.  Shoot her a message and she will get back to you in a few days with the details.  I think the group buy goes till end of February, so you still have time.  They don't add drivers on this deal, just reshell what you send in, so it's the quality of the fit/seal that has most effect on sound signature and comfort.  If you want to add drivers, etc. you need to look at Unique Melody, but that's a lot more expensive.

Jan 27, 2012 at 11:50 AM Post #836 of 3,191

Quote:
Welcome to the thead.  It's actually worth your while to read through everything (skimming over the sections of mindless dribble) to get a better idea about what options are available.  Go to inearz.com and in the 'contact us' section is Kaysen's address.  Shoot her a message and she will get back to you in a few days with the details.  I think the group buy goes till end of February, so you still have time.  They don't add drivers on this deal, just reshell what you send in, so it's the quality of the fit/seal that has most effect on sound signature and comfort.  If you want to add drivers, etc. you need to look at Unique Melody, but that's a lot more expensive.

During my last email exchange with them, i was told they can add drivers if desired. you will have to email them for options and price.

Jan 27, 2012 at 4:32 PM Post #837 of 3,191
So, I had my Fisher remolds hanging from my inner shirt, with my outer shirt over the headphones so they couldn't get caught on anything while I was working. When I pulled the headphones from my shirt, I found that the left earpiece was gone. I looked everywhere and found it underneath a fridge at work. I got really lucky that I found the earpiece, but I can't believe that they'd just fall out like that. I have never ev en removed the cable before, and the sockets and pins were new from Fisher.

Needless to say, I haven't used my customs after that. I'm too scared that I'll lose an earpiece again and won't be able to recover it.

Jan 27, 2012 at 4:54 PM Post #838 of 3,191

Quote:
So, I had my Fisher remolds hanging from my inner shirt, with my outer shirt over the headphones so they couldn't get caught on anything while I was working. When I pulled the headphones from my shirt, I found that the left earpiece was gone. I looked everywhere and found it underneath a fridge at work. I got really lucky that I found the earpiece, but I can't believe that they'd just fall out like that. I have never ev en removed the cable before, and the sockets and pins were new from Fisher.

Needless to say, I haven't used my customs after that. I'm too scared that I'll lose an earpiece again and won't be able to recover it.

I figure if you keep them in your ear or in your pocket you shouldn't have to worry so much but I understand whee you are coming from.

Jan 27, 2012 at 8:13 PM Post #839 of 3,191

Quote:

hmm. That's kind of surprising. I always have my UE customs hanging on the collar of my shirt. My cables are attached to my IEM's very tightly (i've removed the cable from the IEM a couple times before), and i can't imagine them ever just falling off the cable... Even when I've snagged the cable on a chair, they never came off. Are your cables not snug at all when you tug at them while they're plugged in?

Jan 27, 2012 at 10:33 PM Post #840 of 3,191
So, the right cable is snug and is fine, and I guess the left socket (the one that fell off) didn't actually have loose sockets. It was ripped out somehow (though that doesn't make sense as the headphones were underneath my shirt to prevent it from getting caught/snagged anywhere). The left connector has bent pins and the pins have a bit of plastic in between them that they ripped out of the earpiece socket. The earpiece socket holes look odd (a little sliver/section of the metal socket holes have been pulled out of each hole) and there's some plastic chunks missing off the earpiece as well.

Here are some pics:

And here is the other earpiece, which is normal and shows no plastic that has been broken off around the socket edge:

I'm pretty irritated now. Even if I can straighten out the pins, I don't know if they'll stay in the socket anymore. Sucks, too, since I really liked these headphones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back