InEarZ (Fisher Hearing) Custom Remold Owner's Thread
Jan 12, 2012 at 4:01 PM Post #796 of 3,191
So I had my impressions done today, and the audiologist insisted on a closed mouth impression, and used a foam dam instead of a cotton one... basically everything Fisher asked us not to do. lol. I'm going to send out my impressions today and hope for the best. =/

Jan 12, 2012 at 4:21 PM Post #797 of 3,191

I hope it works out for you. I called around first and since I had the directions in my hand I actually asked if they had all the right gear in stock including the bite block and proper dams. Had to call quite a few places though.
Quote:
So I had my impressions done today, and the audiologist insisted on a closed mouth impression, and used a foam dam instead of a cotton one... basically everything Fisher asked us not to do. lol. I'm going to send out my impressions today and hope for the best. =/

Jan 12, 2012 at 4:22 PM Post #798 of 3,191

Quote:

maybe you should've pushed back...or gotten up and left.  I printed my InEarz instructions and showed it to them first.

Jan 12, 2012 at 4:23 PM Post #799 of 3,191
^ Yeah, I agree with you guys, but I went with this particular audiologist because another head-fi member here recommended them. He had his impressions done there for his TF10 reshells with Fisher and he said his came out great. They also one of Westone's authorized dealers... Hopefully mine come out as well as the other person's. lol.

Jan 12, 2012 at 8:39 PM Post #802 of 3,191

Quote:
Can anyone who has reshelled customs via Fisher tell me about the sound quality in comparison to their existing universals? (e.g. reshelled ES3X v. stock TF10 or something like that.)

They are suppose to pretty much sound like your Stock TF10s but I hear they sound changes slightly. It also differs depending on the person and fit. But I generally hear the bass response improves. I would think with other customs you have different flavors and of course improvements depending on what you opt for.

Jan 12, 2012 at 11:53 PM Post #803 of 3,191
Mine had slightly better soundstage, mids little more forward, bass deeper little more extension, treble about the same..

Jan 18, 2012 at 7:45 PM Post #810 of 3,191
No, I noticed this with the standard Fisher hearing cable

Quote:
Do you think your re-cable could have also contributed to this?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back