InEarZ (Fisher Hearing) Custom Remold Owner's Thread
May 9, 2018 at 3:19 PM Post #3,151 of 3,191
I had my IEM's reshelled by Inearz back in late 2016. In the last few months, I started looking into options to "convert" my reshelled IEM's into wireless devices, and I came across PlusSound's custom bluetooth cables. However, for the connector, I can't tell whether I need a 0.75mm connector, a 0.78mm connector (my IEM's are Ultimate Ears), or something else.

Sent an e-mail to Inearz back in January but never heard back. Hoping someone on the board can assist.

Also - if you have suggestions on BT cables, I'd appreciate those suggestions as well!

May 9, 2018 at 3:59 PM Post #3,152 of 3,191
I've got the PlusSound Bluetooth cable and it's nice. Battery life is decent, audio quality was very good for Bluetooth, much better than I had expected. I'm using it with reshelled UM2s. There are a few things to take not of before you order.
The Bluetooth module is arranged such that it's on the right hand side, with the DOWN volume closest to your ear (i.e. on top) and the UP volume on the bottom. It takes a little getting used to. I also think the wire could be a few inches longer with the module a little further down. I'll have those mods done when I order another cable from them.
One other thing that took some getting used to, is there is no memory wire. It's just bent cable, and it's kind of stiff so it doesn't just fall down over your ear naturally. It's not a huge deal, but took a while to get comfortable with them.

May 9, 2018 at 10:10 PM Post #3,153 of 3,191
May 27, 2018 at 6:33 PM Post #3,154 of 3,191
I made the mistake of optioning for the soft tip canals for my re-shells.
It's been over a year and the silicon tips are already starting to separate from the acrylic body.
The original Westone es3x soft tips were somehow fused within the acrylic body whereas inears method is just chopping off the end and replacing it with silicon. I wish I knew sooner or else I'd never opotion for it.
Anyways does anyone know of a permanent solution to secure the canal back to the body before it separates completely?
I know silicon doesn't bond well to hard surfaces.

Jun 11, 2018 at 10:41 PM Post #3,157 of 3,191
I'm waiting on a few to be completed. We are also starting a tour in the next couple of weeks.
Will the size of the Zen 4 be about the same as the Zen 2? What do you expect for sonic differences between the two?

Jun 18, 2018 at 9:30 AM Post #3,162 of 3,191

Users who are viewing this thread

Back