InEarZ (Fisher Hearing) Custom Remold Owner's Thread
Apr 18, 2012 at 12:22 AM Post #1,576 of 3,191

Quote:
Just to clarify for others reading, they'll call if they don't have your payment information for reshells. Since yours are refits, watagump is probably most knowledgeable about what they do there.

On a side note, I called in today to change my ES5 reshell into a rush order (probably incepted by KimChee). It was mostly because I sent in my TF10 refits a week earlier, and I want them to be shipped together. Basically, I didn't want to have to pay the shipping fee for the ES5 order, as InEarz covers return shipping for refits. So I traded $7.50 for UPS ground for $15 rush order. Not bad :).

I've gotta say, as a company they are exceptionally reasonable and flexible when dealing with customer requests. I should have both sets back to me early next week!

how are their  ES5 reshells? how d they compare soundwise to an original westone es5

Apr 18, 2012 at 12:48 AM Post #1,577 of 3,191

Quote:
Okay good to know. There's absolutely nothing I hate more than coming home to an anticipated package only to see that slip hanging on your door :/ Also, I'm assuming that you email Kaysen with you artwork since there is no way to mention/attach it to your order form?

Assuming you have a printer, the artwork you want can be sent in along with the order form. If you are emailing it, then you have some kind of image, I would hope.

Apr 18, 2012 at 12:56 AM Post #1,578 of 3,191

Quote:

how are their  ES5 reshells? how d they compare soundwise to an original westone es5

Still waiting on them. I should have them back early next week. I didn't spend too long with the original ES5s (I really wanted to send them out ASAP). But I'll do my best in comparing them. I think Idsynchrono_24 also got ES5s so maybe ask them too. Fingers crossed though!

Apr 18, 2012 at 1:29 AM Post #1,579 of 3,191
Hmm, I'm thinking mine are going to have to go back for another refit, if anything, the right side. It doesn't feel very comfortable, I find myself subconsciously taking the right piece out just because it hurts. It's a shame, because it fit almost perfectly on the first go. I am not even sure if the left side fits the way it should either, but I know it is relatively not nearly as painful as the right -_-

i'll give it a few more days to see if I get used to it…

Apr 18, 2012 at 1:39 AM Post #1,580 of 3,191

Quote:
Hmm, I'm thinking mine are going to have to go back for another refit, if anything, the right side. It doesn't feel very comfortable, I find myself subconsciously taking the right piece out just because it hurts. It's a shame, because it fit almost perfectly on the first go. I am not even sure if the left side fits the way it should either, but I know it is relatively not nearly as painful as the right -_-

i'll give it a few more days to see if I get used to it…

Yeah I would agree, definitely give a few more days. I had to play around with fit a ton and it changed a lot as I got used to it and/or fiddled around. Then again, it was my first time with customs, so YMMV. But FWIW, I definitely made the fit out to be really good, then really bad, then okay, before sending it in for a refit because I wanted that perfect fit!

Apr 18, 2012 at 2:57 PM Post #1,581 of 3,191
I havent touched my IEM for a while and last time I had them on there were already problem. When I move my head the right side clips and it doesn't seem loud on my MAcbook Pro. Is there any way they can fix this? I'm not sure exactly whats wrong with my set. 

Apr 18, 2012 at 3:42 PM Post #1,582 of 3,191
Well got the doctors booked for next thursday to have my ears checked for wax (yeah I know ugh!), they don't feel too bad for me but as I have a small right ear canal (it's got this weird little kink in it which is what fouls the fit on universals mainly) what would be a "normal" amount of wax for most people plays havoc for me :frowning2:, then friday I have the audiologists.  Figured it made sense to get my ears checked before getting the impressions done.  Then they'll be going back for a re re re fit I think!

Cheers.

Apr 18, 2012 at 4:28 PM Post #1,583 of 3,191
It sounds like you aren't getting a good seal, you can try thickening the canal of the iems with clear nailpolish if that's the case.

Quote:
I havent touched my IEM for a while and last time I had them on there were already problem. When I move my head the right side clips and it doesn't seem loud on my MAcbook Pro. Is there any way they can fix this? I'm not sure exactly whats wrong with my set. 

Apr 18, 2012 at 5:46 PM Post #1,584 of 3,191
Can you still hear outside noise with them in and music off?

Apr 19, 2012 at 12:24 PM Post #1,586 of 3,191
hey you guys who got your refits back, how did they ship them? Ground, 2-day, overnight? I'm guessing ground, but it'd be good to know exactly which option they use.

Apr 19, 2012 at 1:34 PM Post #1,590 of 3,191
Yay! Just paid for my monitors and they should be finished soon. Can't wait, thanks Kaysen!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back