InEarZ (Fisher Hearing) Custom Remold Owner's Thread
Apr 20, 2012 at 2:01 PM Post #1,606 of 3,191
Im getting ancy, this long distance relationship is hard on me and my JH-16s lol 
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 20, 2012 at 6:01 PM Post #1,607 of 3,191
Hey everyone. I'm back to give an update for my TF10 Reshell.

Build quality: 8.5/10
The build quality is good but not "excellent" although I am fairly happy with it. My Clear acrylic came out a little foggier than I had anticipated. There was some pictures posted a couple weeks back where the clear acrylic came out like glass and I was really hoping mind will be that way. There are a couple small bubbles on my right monitor.

Fit: 10/10
The fit came out really well. The credit probably goes to both the audiologist who made a great mold and the team @ Fisher. I've had the IEM in for 30 min. now listening while I write this review and it is so far so good. It was an interesting experience trying to slip the IEM into my ears the first time. I think the twisting motion recommended on this forum does help slide into your ear. The initial feeling w/ the IEM in your ear is a little foreign. It feels a lot like when you had the impressions made because its not a simple earplug. Your entire ear is filled. I would liken it to how your ears feel while you're under water. When I tried to remove the IEM for the first time it was also quite a tight fit so I had to pull my ears back a bit and do the same twist motion in reverse to remove the IEM. This is probably a sign of a very finely made mold that yielded a very specific fit to your ear. I tried to open my jaw move my face around and none of the motions broke the seal so far.

SQ: 10/10
I do not have another pair of stock TF10 on hand to do and AB comparison so I am writing this from memory. The Highs and mid are like what I remembered before the reshell. The soundstage seem to remain the same as well. I do notice the bass is a little more forward than what I remembered. This is probably attributed to the better seal these reshells made and not an actual result of the reshell changing the sound signature.

The sound test was done on my Macbook Pro using a variety of samples. I often like to use movie OST to test headphones and I used two different ones so far. The first was the OST for Inception by Hans Zimmer. The vastness of the sounstage really came out and I was quite happy with the outcome. The other OST I sampled was from Tron Legacy and I have the same reaction. The sound reminds me so much of the theater experience (but without the chest pumping from the theater's massive bass).

What I Received:
I got back the shaved down silicon impression. It looks like my reshells except it is still in the silicon state but it looks like some work was done on it. There are some acrylic adhering to the face plate and portions of my left hear mold has green in it? I received a carrying case and cleaning tool as promised by Kaysen. And surprisingly I received a white/silver cord? I was under the impression that the reshell does not come with the Fisher custom cord. Thank you Kaysen if these are infact on the house and I guess anything more than the promised case and cleaning tool is a definite plus. I have not tested the difference between Fisher's cord and the UE custom cable I had purchased in anticipation yet. A word on the Fisher cable. It is of excellent build quality. The Silvery color matches the reshell really well. I'm not sure how it compares in SQ from other cables but I believe it is a large improvement to the stock TF10 cable. These Fisher cables have no memory to it and it feels slick. I had entered in the group buy but it seems like I did not receive the group buy discount since it was noted on the invoice I was charged 90$ and the 2nd day UPS rate. But with a free cord from them I cannot complain =D.

Final Thoughts:
Fisher hearing is incredibly reliable. Even though they take time to get back to emails (according to some people), they are always within reach on the phone. The CSR and Kaysen are always incredibly helpful in answering questions. The turnaround time was 2.5 weeks as quoted by Kaysen to another member on this forum. Excellent experience and I would recommend my friends and family for future reshell projects.

Apr 20, 2012 at 9:09 PM Post #1,609 of 3,191

Quote:

Norml,

Just curious: did you receive the free tool and case in your package as Kaysen indicated in her post couple weeks ago.

Tool = yes

Case = no  The remolds came back in the UE case I sent in with my IEMs. No big deal for me. I bought an Otterbox 2000 case to keep them in. I'll post some pics and give short review later.

Apr 20, 2012 at 11:17 PM Post #1,610 of 3,191
Thank you Kaysen and Fisher Hearing! They decided not to charge me for the rush fee (though I did pay for 2 day shipping instead). My ES5s and TF10 refits should be back to me on Tuesday! 

I sent them 4/10 via priority. Received 4/12. Shipped out to me today 4/20. Should receive them 4/24.

Can't wait!

Apr 20, 2012 at 11:37 PM Post #1,611 of 3,191

Quote:
Thank you Kaysen and Fisher Hearing! They decided not to charge me for the rush fee (though I did pay for 2 day shipping instead). My ES5s and TF10 refits should be back to me on Tuesday! 

I sent them 4/10 via priority. Received 4/12. Shipped out to me today 4/20. Should receive them 4/24.

Can't wait!

Ah, your order seemed quick! Fisher received mine on 4/09 and I had rush shipping, apparently it should have been finished yesterday or today as latest but still no word on it being shipped so I guess I have to wait till Monday. :frowning2:

Apr 20, 2012 at 11:50 PM Post #1,612 of 3,191

Quote:

Ah, your order seemed quick! Fisher received mine on 4/09 and I had rush shipping, apparently it should have been finished yesterday or today as latest but still no word on it being shipped so I guess I have to wait till Monday. :frowning2:

To be fair, I did ask them to ship out my TF10s and ES5s at the same time, so maybe the ES5s when they arrived got put into the same bin as my TF10s which arrived a weekish earlier. They were using the same ear impressions for both as well. No worries, I'm sure you'll have them next week! I know its tough, but at least you don't have to think about it as much over the weekend. I wish the weekend would pass already!

Apr 21, 2012 at 12:03 AM Post #1,613 of 3,191

Quote:

To be fair, I did ask them to ship out my TF10s and ES5s at the same time, so maybe the ES5s when they arrived got put into the same bin as my TF10s which arrived a weekish earlier. They were using the same ear impressions for both as well. No worries, I'm sure you'll have them next week! I know its tough, but at least you don't have to think about it as much over the weekend. I wish the weekend would pass already!

True! I'm just glad that I will be getting them very soon, after my package being lost for a week, if it had not been for that I probably would have had them for about a week now already. Make sure you post pictures of your monitors when they arrive!

Apr 21, 2012 at 12:04 AM Post #1,614 of 3,191
Nice option that's a good turn around time.
Quote:

Can't wait!

Apr 21, 2012 at 10:25 AM Post #1,615 of 3,191
I went simple. Translucent light blue and translucent black with no art.

As for the build and fit I couldn't be happier. The only imperfections are right around the ports and are barely noticable. Fit is perfect, and now I can finally enjoy my Super.fi 5 Pros. Thank you Kaysen and Fisher Hearing

Apr 21, 2012 at 1:41 PM Post #1,617 of 3,191
No change in fit for me either and I've lost 40+

Apr 21, 2012 at 2:09 PM Post #1,618 of 3,191
Hey guys. I'll post the pictures of my reshell as soon as I can get it uploaded. But I wanted to ask you guys, the method you put on the custom iem makes a big difference right? I've had reshells in my ears on and off for maybe 4-5 hours now and it seems like I do get some ear pain depending on how I put them in.

Any pointers?Or is this just a matter of getting used to them?

Apr 21, 2012 at 4:08 PM Post #1,619 of 3,191
Looks like Kaysen signed for my ES5s on Friday afternoon. Guess I'll give them a call Monday to have it rushed and to talk about artwork. Really hoping I won't run into fit issues, although I'm sure it's inevitable. My doctor didn't have a bite block so he told me to open my mouth wide. I recently read a thread here that said you should just open your mouth slightly or something ugh damn /firstworldproblems :l

Apr 21, 2012 at 4:29 PM Post #1,620 of 3,191

Quote:
Looks like Kaysen signed for my ES5s on Friday afternoon. Guess I'll give them a call Monday to have it rushed and to talk about artwork. Really hoping I won't run into fit issues, although I'm sure it's inevitable. My doctor didn't have a bite block so he told me to open my mouth wide. I recently read a thread here that said you should just open your mouth slightly or something ugh damn /firstworldproblems :l

I think it really depends. Mine fit kinda funny and my audiologist told me to open my mouth wide. But it wasn't a bad fit, I had a great seal (without the cables) and I could even eat without them losing seal. The only issue is when I lie down, they definitely popped out and needed to be put back in. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back