InEarZ (Fisher Hearing) Custom Remold Owner's Thread
Apr 16, 2012 at 4:58 PM Post #1,561 of 3,191

Quote:
To those who got their refits back, does Kaysen call you or email you before they ship them out at all? Starting to miss my SE530s… :x

Just to clarify for others reading, they'll call if they don't have your payment information for reshells. Since yours are refits, watagump is probably most knowledgeable about what they do there.

On a side note, I called in today to change my ES5 reshell into a rush order (probably incepted by KimChee). It was mostly because I sent in my TF10 refits a week earlier, and I want them to be shipped together. Basically, I didn't want to have to pay the shipping fee for the ES5 order, as InEarz covers return shipping for refits. So I traded $7.50 for UPS ground for $15 rush order. Not bad :).

I've gotta say, as a company they are exceptionally reasonable and flexible when dealing with customer requests. I should have both sets back to me early next week!

Apr 16, 2012 at 6:53 PM Post #1,564 of 3,191

Quote:
wow, they really stepped up their game.  Just got a email with UPS tracking . looks like it is right at a week for refit :)

Whaaaattt? Mine were received a week and a half ago! Then again, my acrylic shells needed to be remade because the cable was having some issues deterring proper fit.

Apr 16, 2012 at 7:10 PM Post #1,565 of 3,191

I think because we had similar fitment issues, ours will take longer. I also needed my cable sockets to be pushed further out as the cable would pinch my ears but otherwise fit without them. :|
Quote:

Whaaaattt? Mine were received a week and a half ago! Then again, my acrylic shells needed to be remade because the cable was having some issues deterring proper fit.

Apr 17, 2012 at 12:29 AM Post #1,567 of 3,191
I just sent off my ES5s with impressions awhile ago, so I'll be looking forward to your impressions with great interest. I went on a real wild goose chase today. Had to get one of my ears cleaned out due to impacted wax so I had to drive from an urgent care center that wanted to fleece me, to a Walgreens care center that got it taken care of much cheaper. OF course by then I'd missed my appointment and had to drive several cities over to the St. Luke's where construction had rerouted most of the road. What should have taken an hour ended up costing my entire day. :/ 
Quote:
Just to clarify for others reading, they'll call if they don't have your payment information for reshells. Since yours are refits, watagump is probably most knowledgeable about what they do there.

On a side note, I called in today to change my ES5 reshell into a rush order (probably incepted by KimChee). It was mostly because I sent in my TF10 refits a week earlier, and I want them to be shipped together. Basically, I didn't want to have to pay the shipping fee for the ES5 order, as InEarz covers return shipping for refits. So I traded $7.50 for UPS ground for $15 rush order. Not bad :).

I've gotta say, as a company they are exceptionally reasonable and flexible when dealing with customer requests. I should have both sets back to me early next week!

Apr 17, 2012 at 12:56 AM Post #1,568 of 3,191
I had the same experience when I had my impressions made. I got to the audiologist and she tells me "I can't do it for you today, your left ear is 90% blocked" I was like What??? Luckily Kaiser's nurse clinic allowed me to do a walk in so I got it done the same day. The impacted wax that came out was sooooo big, it was like the size of half a penny. No joke. However I did notice I could hear a lot better afterwards lol...

Quote:
I just sent off my ES5s with impressions awhile ago, so I'll be looking forward to your impressions with great interest. I went on a real wild goose chase today. Had to get one of my ears cleaned out due to impacted wax so I had to drive from an urgent care center that wanted to fleece me, to a Walgreens care center that got it taken care of much cheaper. OF course by then I'd missed my appointment and had to drive several cities over to the St. Luke's where construction had rerouted most of the road. What should have taken an hour ended up costing my entire day. :/ 

Apr 17, 2012 at 1:10 AM Post #1,569 of 3,191

Quote:
I had the same experience when I had my impressions made. I got to the audiologist and she tells me "I can't do it for you today, your left ear is 90% blocked" I was like What??? Luckily Kaiser's nurse clinic allowed me to do a walk in so I got it done the same day. The impacted wax that came out was sooooo big, it was like the size of half a penny. No joke. However I did notice I could hear a lot better afterwards lol...

At least your audiologist told you she couldn't do it for you. The first time I had my impressions done, my audiologist took my impressions without notifying me that I had to have my ears cleaned as there was too much wax and took my impressions anyways. Well what do you know, my customs ended up not fitting well and needed a refit. 

Apr 17, 2012 at 1:59 AM Post #1,570 of 3,191

I sent in my jh13 for reshell, apparently it reached there on the 27/03 hopefully i will be getting them back soon.
Quote:
Mine got there yesterday, so we should be getting them back pretty close to each other as well. Be interesting to see how they do the custom reshells :). Did you get artwork with yours? I didn't, but I did ask for a "teal" color.

Apr 17, 2012 at 7:13 PM Post #1,571 of 3,191
Wow, just got my refits in.. package by the door but no email from Kaysen. Pleasant surprise, I suppose!

The fit is good, the sound is right, fairly comfortable. It could be a little bit better but I have to get used to having big pieces of acrylic in my ear as opposed to the tiny soft Philips SHE3580 I've been using. It's definitely noticeable that I have these in (physically, anyway, aesthetically it's a little less subtle than the previous fit but they're still clear).

There's a random speck of blue on my left earpiece that I assume dripped onto the faceplate when making my blue tips, otherwise they look good.

I'll give these some more listening time and maybe walk around with them to see if I need to modify them anymore, but I'm just happy that I can put them in and get them to seal without any immediate pain. :)

update: these seem to be a bit fatiguing around the ear canal area, but it might be because I'm smiling ever so slightly listening to these… B)

Apr 17, 2012 at 8:30 PM Post #1,572 of 3,191
Hey n00b, I take it from your "left by the door" comment that a signature was not required for your customs? I'm just wondering whether I'll need to have them shipped to my workplace in the event that I'm at work when the mail carrier arrives. Nothing worse than coming home to that dreaded delivery slip :\

Apr 17, 2012 at 8:36 PM Post #1,573 of 3,191

Quote:
Hey n00b, I take it from your "left by the door" comment that a signature was not required for your customs? I'm just wondering whether I'll need to have them shipped to my workplace in the event that I'm at work when the mail carrier arrives. Nothing worse than coming home to that dreaded delivery slip :\

Never had to sign for mine when I ordered them and then had a refit.

Apr 17, 2012 at 9:09 PM Post #1,574 of 3,191
Hopefully I get my call by the end of this week, I'm on my 7th business day! I hope Kaysen still remembers what artwork I wanted with my iems since I emailed her the artwork before my package reached them a week before. I wonder if she was able to link my emails to my package when she received them. I probably should give her a call.

Apr 17, 2012 at 10:15 PM Post #1,575 of 3,191

Quote:
Never had to sign for mine when I ordered them and then had a refit.

Okay good to know. There's absolutely nothing I hate more than coming home to an anticipated package only to see that slip hanging on your door :/ Also, I'm assuming that you email Kaysen with you artwork since there is no way to mention/attach it to your order form?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back