INEARCUSTOM - Cheapest re-shell ever?
Aug 21, 2013 at 11:07 AM Post #466 of 484
Quote:
Who are you to judge? You are entitled to your own opinion. But I really think a few of these comments are impolite and inappropriate. Say your opinion and let it be. The evidence is showing that things are improving, so give him a chance. Or don't, please just be respectful of other people's opinion... Alright, I've said all that I'll say about that.

Personally, I think this thread has gotten way off track.  Hard to tell the true volume of angry people vs. satisfied customers.  Bottom line is people will either give Rob a chance based in the price point and some of the positive experiences reported, or they won't based in the fact that he has obviously had some organizational difficulties historically.  But the ongoing back and forth is not helpful.

Aug 21, 2013 at 11:33 AM Post #467 of 484
I think this thread should continue as it has.  Even with the 1 post members.  Keep us up to date on how long it takes to get your customs and how satisfied/dissatisfied you are with the service.  I have never dealt with the company, but I understand people's frustration with getting bad service.  It sounds like Rob is trying to make things right and if people continue to post their honest experience with him and his company, people can decide for themselves if it is worth it.  The good and the bad experiences have every right to post in here IMO.

Aug 21, 2013 at 11:46 AM Post #468 of 484
Rob was certainly responsive when a pin broke off of one plug on my cable, sending me a new cable that arrived w/in a week at no charge. I'm happy with the fit and the SQ both. The workmanship seems a little rough (I've posted pix earlier in this thread), and there are some bubbles in the acrylic, but overall I'm quite happy with the results and with the response to the problem with the cable. I definitely feel I received good value for my money, and will probably still have him reshell my UM3Xs eventually. YMMV.

Aug 21, 2013 at 11:47 AM Post #469 of 484
Quote:
I think this thread should continue as it has.  Even with the 1 post members.  Keep us up to date on how long it takes to get your customs and how satisfied/dissatisfied you are with the service.  I have never dealt with the company, but I understand people's frustration with getting bad service.  It sounds like Rob is trying to make things right and if people continue to post their honest experience with him and his company, people can decide for themselves if it is worth it.  The good and the bad experiences have every right to post in here IMO.

Yeah, I wasn't so much talking about whether people have a "right" to post or not.  I just think it is probably getting tough to figure out what is fact and what is fiction based in the nature of both the positive and the negative posts.  In that regard, I'm not sure of it's utility.  

Aug 21, 2013 at 12:55 PM Post #470 of 484
Yeah, I wasn't so much talking about whether people have a "right" to post or not.  I just think it is probably getting tough to figure out what is fact and what is fiction based in the nature of both the positive and the negative posts.  In that regard, I'm not sure of it's utility.  

Perhaps if those 'new members' posted some pics that might help validate their experience?

Aug 21, 2013 at 1:08 PM Post #471 of 484
"Validate" ?  Seriously?  Who are you that you think I need to validate myself to you?  This is a forum, open to all who register and whoever said that this is off track is completely right!  I put up a post to tell people of the experience I had with Rob who, by the way, makes CUSTOM shells for our earbuds - do you know what "CUSTOM" means?  It means that he works on your buds one at a time and they get completed when they're done...that's it.  If you want off-the-shelf time frame, then buy off-the-shelf and quit your whining!

I thought I'd glean some good information from this site, but at this point, the majority of what I've seen since I joined has been pretentious asses who think, just because they own some "high end" equipment that they're better than others on here.

I've been a professional sound engineer (like, that's what I do for a living...THAT kind of professional) for over 30 years...I'm the guy who tries to make your concerts (if you lower yourself to go to a live show) sound in an arena what you like to hear in your headphones.  I live in "the real world" of decay times, metal and concrete buildings and moving audiences.  I work with musicians who use in-ear monitor systems on stage every night - they realize the value of quality monitors and you can trust me, we don't trust our ears to any esoteric amplifiers - we use what is available in top quality belt packs and they sound great.

That's my soapbox for now...I'm sure this will create its own new firestorm but I just got tired of the whiners.  Have at it kids!

Aug 21, 2013 at 4:55 PM Post #473 of 484
Quote:
"Validate" ?  Seriously?  Who are you that you think I need to validate myself to you?  This is a forum, open to all who register and whoever said that this is off track is completely right!  I put up a post to tell people of the experience I had with Rob who, by the way, makes CUSTOM shells for our earbuds - do you know what "CUSTOM" means?  It means that he works on your buds one at a time and they get completed when they're done...that's it.  If you want off-the-shelf time frame, then buy off-the-shelf and quit your whining!

I thought I'd glean some good information from this site, but at this point, the majority of what I've seen since I joined has been pretentious asses who think, just because they own some "high end" equipment that they're better than others on here.

I've been a professional sound engineer (like, that's what I do for a living...THAT kind of professional) for over 30 years...I'm the guy who tries to make your concerts (if you lower yourself to go to a live show) sound in an arena what you like to hear in your headphones.  I live in "the real world" of decay times, metal and concrete buildings and moving audiences.  I work with musicians who use in-ear monitor systems on stage every night - they realize the value of quality monitors and you can trust me, we don't trust our ears to any esoteric amplifiers - we use what is available in top quality belt packs and they sound great.

That's my soapbox for now...I'm sure this will create its own new firestorm but I just got tired of the whiners.  Have at it kids!

thanks for sharing. Still be nice to see some pictures of your finished monitors.

Aug 22, 2013 at 2:44 PM Post #475 of 484
tannerbnd - please stop thrashing this thread with inearz comments and what you ought to do with your next reshell and stuff. 

enough people waiting long periods to get their re-shells from Rob and the thread is already against his favour. Please can you not put it further out of balance. 

I assume everyone here is aware that In Ear Custom is now just one person again - Robert F. Reyna. He is working 15 hours a day and keeps his Facebook page extremely active. About 30 pics a day. I would request all of you to go ahead and follow him there. 

To add on, his last post - 

"Got the packages shipped off and dropped them off myself at USPS.

I have a backlog of emails to answer and I am going to start answering emails now.

Some of you have tried to message me but I have been slammed getting all of the orders out. Once I reach the final stage of polishing this requires long periods away from the computer.

Also testing everyone before I ship, checking the cables to make sure they plug in properly, checking the packages to make sure everything that should be included is, and then printing the labels and everything takes some time and focus.

I have tried using other people to do things for me but at this point things are going better with me handling everything.

The good news is my delivery times are now where they should be. I expect the remaining jobs in the shop to be gone within the next week or so. I'm not going to stop working 15 hours or more per day until I'm completely caught up with all deliveries.

Please understand that if I have not answered your email yet it is only because I am working to get out orders and I will not go more than 2 days without answering emails and I prefer to keep it less than a day and some of you are accustomed to getting even faster responses from me.

Thank you so much for your support everyone:) Rob."

Aug 22, 2013 at 3:00 PM Post #476 of 484
Quote:
tannerbnd - please stop thrashing this thread with inearz comments and what you ought to do with your next reshell and stuff. 

enough people waiting long periods to get their re-shells from Rob and the thread is already against his favour. Please can you not put it further out of balance. 

I assume everyone here is aware that In Ear Custom is now just one person again - Robert F. Reyna. He is working 15 hours a day and keeps his Facebook page extremely active. About 30 pics a day. I would request all of you to go ahead and follow him there. 

To add on, his last post - 

"Got the packages shipped off and dropped them off myself at USPS.

I have a backlog of emails to answer and I am going to start answering emails now.

Some of you have tried to message me but I have been slammed getting all of the orders out. Once I reach the final stage of polishing this requires long periods away from the computer.

Also testing everyone before I ship, checking the cables to make sure they plug in properly, checking the packages to make sure everything that should be included is, and then printing the labels and everything takes some time and focus.

I have tried using other people to do things for me but at this point things are going better with me handling everything.

The good news is my delivery times are now where they should be. I expect the remaining jobs in the shop to be gone within the next week or so. I'm not going to stop working 15 hours or more per day until I'm completely caught up with all deliveries.

Please understand that if I have not answered your email yet it is only because I am working to get out orders and I will not go more than 2 days without answering emails and I prefer to keep it less than a day and some of you are accustomed to getting even faster responses from me.

Thank you so much for your support everyone:) Rob."

bad service is bad service.....why promote someone who gives bad service, there are way better options out there

Aug 22, 2013 at 3:10 PM Post #477 of 484
The OP Wrathzombie mentions Inearz in the very start of this thread. So it is not only fair, but completely on topic to talk about the differences in these two companies. In my opinion of course.

Aug 22, 2013 at 3:24 PM Post #478 of 484
Quote:
go with inearz.com

Quote:
Inearz.com is so much better

Quote:
Seriously, everyone just needs to go with inearz.com and you wouldn't have any if these problems, plus the quality is way better

Tannerbnd:  Question:  Have you ever actually used inearcustom?   It seems to me you have declared yourself to be an inearz fanboy.  What is your motivation here?  Are you trying to protect the world from Rob?  Are you trying to drum up business for inearz?

I'm not paying attention to anyone in this thread unless they are a current customer of Rob and post personal details of their experience with inearcustom.

Aug 22, 2013 at 9:05 PM Post #479 of 484
Quote:
The OP Wrathzombie mentions Inearz in the very start of this thread. So it is not only fair, but completely on topic to talk about the differences in these two companies. In my opinion of course.

Komrade:  I respect your feedback in the thread, because you had a negative experience and have every right to let others know about it.  But I must say, I have difficulty with someone who has had no personal experience with Rob or inearcustom to come into the thread and point out negatives about a company that they have not used.  It's just bad form plain and simple.

Aug 22, 2013 at 9:09 PM Post #480 of 484
Quote:
Inearz.com

Tannerbnd:  I saw your first response before you edited it, and your non-response to my direct question about whether you yourself have ever used Rob or inearcustom speaks volumes.  You have been very pointed in your criticisms here and I just assumed that you were a disgruntled customer.  The idea that you have had no direct experience with Rob yourself, continue to trash him and recommend another company instead is absurd.  There is something seriously wrong with you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back