INEARCUSTOM - Cheapest re-shell ever?
Aug 19, 2013 at 2:41 PM Post #451 of 484
Quote:
Rob told me he was asking all of his customers to post here, now I see why. 

...funny, I was one of his customers and he never asked me to post anything. Wonder why not ?

Aug 19, 2013 at 7:02 PM Post #453 of 484
Hi, this is my first post on this site. I'm getting my shure315s re shelled. I ordered on Friday and got my impressions kit today. I'm sending them back out tomorrow. I will keep y'all updated on the progress. I read a lot of the negative reviews, however I'm always willing to give a small local business a chance.

Aug 20, 2013 at 12:29 AM Post #454 of 484
Well....I'm sure I'm about to add fuel to the fire of the one post conspiracy theorists but here goes my one post (most likely as I don't purchase iem's every day). I tossed around they idea of customizing my westone um3x's for several months but after fighting with the foam ear pieces one too many times, I contacted in ear customs and asked several questions via email. Rob answered my questions to my satisfaction and I placed my order. As with any purchase I make, I'd have preferred to receive them the next day but of course not possible. I will say though that Rob worked well with me in allowing me to send the impressions first and the iem's after as I use them weekly playing. It took about half the time as originally told and after receiving them and trying them out today, must say that I'm very pleased with the fit and finish of my purchase as well as the sound isolation. I'll be happy, as I emailed Rob a little while ago, to send him referrals. A satisfied customer. Again for the OPCT's (one post conspiracy theorists) I can assure you that I'm not....I just have a job and a life and don't have time to spend here repeating what I've already stated clearly the first time.

Aug 20, 2013 at 1:40 AM Post #455 of 484
...funny, I was one of his customers and he never asked me to post anything. Wonder why not ?

Ditto on that.

And the opw (one post wonders) continue. Honestly, please stop. Even if you had told people to write a review on this thread, they are all positive yet with one post there is no rep to back up the review. This is not Facebook mate.

Aug 20, 2013 at 6:03 AM Post #456 of 484
Well....I'm sure I'm about to add fuel to the fire of the one post conspiracy theorists but here goes my one post (most likely as I don't purchase iem's every day). I tossed around they idea of customizing my westone um3x's for several months but after fighting with the foam ear pieces one too many times, I contacted in ear customs and asked several questions via email. Rob answered my questions to my satisfaction and I placed my order. As with any purchase I make, I'd have preferred to receive them the next day but of course not possible. I will say though that Rob worked well with me in allowing me to send the impressions first and the iem's after as I use them weekly playing. It took about half the time as originally told and after receiving them and trying them out today, must say that I'm very pleased with the fit and finish of my purchase as well as the sound isolation. I'll be happy, as I emailed Rob a little while ago, to send him referrals. A satisfied customer. Again for the OPCT's (one post conspiracy theorists) I can assure you that I'm not....I just have a job and a life and don't have time to spend here repeating what I've already stated clearly the first time.

I have a full time job, in graduate school, have a wife, and two kids.....stop taking cheap shots, it takes about two secs to read posts

Aug 20, 2013 at 11:01 AM Post #458 of 484
Another 1st time poster.  Had the socket of my triplefi pull out, along with the wiring and decided to go with Inear for reshells after reading the first 8 or so pages of this thread, which were the ones in which Rob was praised.  Of course, I read the next 20 not-so-good pages and wondered whether I should have gone this route.  Impression kit arrived cross country in like one day.  Sent back impressions next day, will post on results, good or bad.

Aug 20, 2013 at 1:16 PM Post #460 of 484
I don't understand the bitterness. There is little to be concerned about now that Rob has taken over. And he is working very hard to make everyone happy. Have a look at his FB page, and you will see that there is a lot of communication and people are happy. Stop being elitist about the single posts, everyone has to start somewhere.

Aug 20, 2013 at 4:18 PM Post #461 of 484
Quote:
I decided to send an old set of Shure e5c phones to Rob for reshelling.  I was a bit skeptical based in some of the posts here, but the final verdict was actually a pleasant surprise.  I sent them in on July 10 and received them back on August 8th. I maintained contact with Rob throughout the process.  He responded to my inquires, albeit not always immediately.  I told him at the outset that I was going to be away for a couple of weeks but I would need them back shortly after return, and he agreed.  When I returned I emailed him asking when i could expect the phones.  He said he was behind but would get them to me in another week.  A week later I emailed him and he said he had completed the phones and would send them USPS next day at his expense since i had waited.  I decided i'd prefer to use FedEx because of some of the problems I've read about here and some problems I've had in the past with USPS.  I arranged pickup by FedEx.

Ok, so it wasn't perfect but I got the phones in less than 4 weeks......and I am VERY impressed with the workmanship and end product.  The fit is perfect in both ears.  The finish is superb.  There are no air bubbles.  The seal is excellent.  The are much better than the original fit from the earplug superstore.  

Here are some pics:

So the bottom line is this.  Rob is not the most organized guy in the world.  He may need to be "managed" a bit.  Some of the post suggest that he me get behind on his work and there may be some significant waits.

But frankly, for the amount I spent ($120 or so), I'm VERY happy with the end product and the outcome.

I'm going to repost this because I think this entire thread is getting out of hand and it's very hard to determine anything from it anymore.   Rob may have lots of "issues" but frankly, I found his workmanship to be pretty darn good!   The set of CIEM's that i have posted in these pictures fit me perfectly right out of the gate.  I have paid lots more from some other manufactures that never fit right.  So say what you will about timing and organization, but the workmanship on my pair was anything but poor.

When I get Rob to do another pair for me, I will call him up, have a direct discussion, and ask him if he will promise and put in writing that he will have them to me by a certain date.  If he agrees, I will probably use him again based upon the work he did for me the first time.

Aug 20, 2013 at 9:00 PM Post #462 of 484
When I get Rob to do another pair for me, I will call him up, have a direct discussion, and ask him if he will promise and put in writing that he will have them to me by a certain date.  If he agrees, I will probably use him again based upon the work he did for me the first time.

This is absolutely ridiculous

Aug 20, 2013 at 9:07 PM Post #463 of 484
Quote:

This is absolutely ridiculous

What's ridiculous about it?  He was only about a week late with my first pair?  Normally I wouldn't do that except for all of the negative posts in this thread.

Aug 20, 2013 at 11:05 PM Post #465 of 484
Who are you to judge? You are entitled to your own opinion. But I really think a few of these comments are impolite and inappropriate. Say your opinion and let it be. The evidence is showing that things are improving, so give him a chance. Or don't, please just be respectful of other people's opinion... Alright, I've said all that I'll say about that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back