INEARCUSTOM - Cheapest re-shell ever?
Jun 15, 2013 at 12:26 AM Post #302 of 484
UM build quality is some of the best, not first hand experience. but pics of UM reshells look marvellous. 

I like the build quality of In Ear custom - nothing to complain and if you are on a budget - I think its the best! considering the value.

Jun 18, 2013 at 2:15 PM Post #303 of 484
Now my tracking number says on truck out for delivery... meaning if all goes well i should have them tonight. Anybody else receive theirs recently? Anyone place an order recently? Wondering what the wait time is now

Jun 18, 2013 at 9:00 PM Post #304 of 484
I placed mine last week of April and rob said that I'm on current batch and should be getting it this week.

Jun 18, 2013 at 9:06 PM Post #305 of 484
Quote:
I placed mine last week of April and rob said that I'm on current batch and should be getting it this week.

So still taking 7 - 8 weeks ? Anybody getting their refits quicker than this ? They refuse to give me an estimate of how long the refit process will take.

Jun 18, 2013 at 9:12 PM Post #306 of 484
My Impressions were received in FL on May 15. I haven't really followed up to see what stage or how far off they are. I figure I'll just wait my turn, I was aware before I ordered of the increased lead time. Hopefully it's just a few weeks longer.

Jun 18, 2013 at 9:16 PM Post #307 of 484
^ if ill be needing a refit, I'm thinking of doing it myself with a very very fine sandpaper. I don't want to do the waiting game anymore.

Jun 19, 2013 at 12:19 AM Post #309 of 484
So i got my TF10s today and ... im just not sure. My thoughts are mixed. they seem to offer LESS isolation than my Shure SE535's and I can't seem to get a good seal. The left ear especially is quite loose, and the sound doesnt seem balanced (right side is louder). Now im stuck... i mean i would love to have perfect CIEMs... but on the other hand i dont want to wait another 7-8 weeks for a refit...

Jun 19, 2013 at 12:24 AM Post #310 of 484
Quote:
So i got my TF10s today and ... im just not sure. My thoughts are mixed. they seem to offer LESS isolation than my Shure SE535's and I can't seem to get a good seal. The left ear especially is quite loose, and the sound doesnt seem balanced (right side is louder). Now im stuck... i mean i would love to have perfect CIEMs... but on the other hand i dont want to wait another 7-8 weeks for a refit...

You just have to pretend they don't exist.

Jun 19, 2013 at 12:55 AM Post #312 of 484
Quote:
^ if ill be needing a refit, I'm thinking of doing it myself with a very very fine sandpaper. I don't want to do the waiting game anymore.

This is what I'm doing, my right is downright painful after just a few minutes of being inserted.  The left fits well enough but loses seal easily.
I could send them in, I realize that, but I just don't want to deal with these guys anymore.  I already consider my investment for the most part squandered on my part.  I'll get what use out of them I can, but I'm already saving up for a nice set of the higher end Etymotics so I can just say f-it.

Totally not worth the hassle.  I doubt I'll ever consider another CIEM at this point.

Jun 19, 2013 at 1:11 AM Post #313 of 484
How are you planning to fix your left side that doesnt seal properly? Reason I'm asking is I basically have the same problem x2. Sending in for a refit = $20 shipping + $25 customs fee when i receive them and another potential 10 week wait time. 

Jun 19, 2013 at 1:18 AM Post #314 of 484
Quote:
??

By the way, I've posted a thread here with pictures and attempted to describe some of the problems I'm having

http://www.head-fi.org/t/668787/custom-iem-fit-issues-thread-help-with-pics

Cheers

I meant that if you pretend they don't exist (and you make use of other IEMs or cans) the wait won't be as bad - if you count the days they are away from you, you'll go mad....

Jun 19, 2013 at 1:47 AM Post #315 of 484
Quote:
??

By the way, I've posted a thread here with pictures and attempted to describe some of the problems I'm having

http://www.head-fi.org/t/668787/custom-iem-fit-issues-thread-help-with-pics

Cheers

Oops - double post.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back