INEARCUSTOM - Cheapest re-shell ever?
Jun 7, 2013 at 2:56 AM Post #272 of 484
Guys does anyone of you have a picture of the reshells that Rob made with dynamic drivers?

I'm looking for a company to reshell my SuperFi EBs.

they are not in production any more so i really have to see how is the reshell until i take the plunge.

Thanks in advance.

Jun 8, 2013 at 8:26 AM Post #274 of 484
Just got my W3s back (6/7/13). The envelope that they came in said 4/15/13 - I am guessing that was the date they were received by Inearcustom. I am having a fit issue with the right side. There seems to be little too much material where it rests against the ear cartilage and it hurts my ear. I have contacted Rob this morning, but haven't heard back.

The build quality seems to be fine.

However, the entire experience left me little wanting.

First, I wasn't told long it would take until after the payment was made and phones shipped. Had I known that it would take close to 2 months, I may have looked at other options even though the cost may have been a little higher.
Second, communication has been spotty. Many messages were not responded to. I had to send follow up message asking them to confirm the receipt of critical email.  
Third, they lost my payment information. I had to resend the paypal slip.
Fourth, I got the wrong cable despite a number of messages and confirmation.

Now I am trying to get in touch with them to fix the fit problem and correct the cable mix-up. 

I will update when additional information is available.

Jun 8, 2013 at 3:11 PM Post #275 of 484
Quote:
Just got my W3s back (6/7/13). The envelope that they came in said 4/15/13 - I am guessing that was the date they were received by Inearcustom. I am having a fit issue with the right side. There seems to be little too much material where it rests against the ear cartilage and it hurts my ear. I have contacted Rob this morning, but haven't heard back.

First, I wasn't told long it would take until after the payment was made and phones shipped. Had I known that it would take close to 2 months, I may have looked at other options even though the cost may have been a little higher.
Second, communication has been spotty. Many messages were not responded to. I had to send follow up message asking them to confirm the receipt of critical email.  

Now I am trying to get in touch with them to fix the fit problem and correct the cable mix-up. 

Did you use the impression kit they sent you in the mail? Or an audiologist?

Jun 10, 2013 at 11:26 AM Post #276 of 484
I am going to send my iems back to Rob or have another company reshell them. I am starting to have fit issues, but I do not want to wait another couple months. I noticed when I first made my impressions in November 2012, I did the impressions wrong so the ear canal portions are too short (you can see the pictures from my previous post). I had some impressions materials laying around so I redid my impressions without any assistance. For anyone that are making the impressions themselves this is how it is supposed to look (the ear canal portion must go to the second bend):

Jun 10, 2013 at 4:11 PM Post #277 of 484
I am going to send my iems back to Rob or have another company reshell them. I am starting to have fit issues, but I do not want to wait another couple months. I noticed when I first made my impressions in November 2012, I did the impressions wrong so the ear canal portions are too short (you can see the pictures from my previous post). I had some impressions materials laying around so I redid my impressions without any assistance. For anyone that are making the impressions themselves this is how it is supposed to look (the ear canal portion must go to the second bend):

Any idea where I can buy one of these injection mould kits? I'm about to send mine for a second refit but the moulds I sent originally were from the previous kits so are useless. Somewhere in eu or uk would be ideal. If I don't get a decent mould it'll bea waste of time.

Jun 10, 2013 at 5:05 PM Post #278 of 484
Quote:
Any idea where I can buy one of these injection mould kits? I'm about to send mine for a second refit but the moulds I sent originally were from the previous kits so are useless. Somewhere in eu or uk would be ideal. If I don't get a decent mould it'll bea waste of time.

Hi Turrican2,

I used the Mega Silasoft Solos which can be found here: http://store.microsonic-inc.com/115a115d-silasoftsolos.aspx, you will need to order two, one for each ear. I would advise you to order a spare in case you make a mistake. You can order the otoblock from their site, make sure you get the smallest ones.  Also, you will need a syringe like this: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Lixit-Handfeeding-Syringe-484-35ml/dp/B004LOEHOG and a bite block, which you can use any object you want to keep your mouth opened during the process. I used a thick piece of foam cut from a packing material.

Jun 10, 2013 at 8:51 PM Post #280 of 484
Quote:

With the exception of the missing payment information, this is my experience almost exactly.
I'm rather displeased and I'm not inclined to follow up with them in a futile attempt to get any satisfaction.  

I deeply regret having gone with this company.

Jun 10, 2013 at 9:02 PM Post #282 of 484
Quote:
Did you use the impression kit they sent you in the mail? Or an audiologist?

I used a local audiologist.

As a follow-up, someone from the company got in touch with me and asked me to send them back. I think it is an issue with a section pressing against ear cartilage so hopefully a simple fix?

Will post follow-up with additional info when available. 

Jun 11, 2013 at 10:41 AM Post #283 of 484
Quote:
With the exception of the missing payment information, this is my experience almost exactly.
I'm rather displeased and I'm not inclined to follow up with them in a futile attempt to get any satisfaction.  

I deeply regret having gone with this company.

Mirrors my experience as well. I too regret having chosen this company. Has anybody ever gotten him to make good on his guarantee ?

Quote:
 A. The customs still do not fit properly B. The customs still do not sound like you want them to. Answer: A. Refund purchase and replace IEM's B. Return product and we will fix for you and return at no cost. If there are any problems beyond this return and replace will be the only option.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back