INEARCUSTOM - Cheapest re-shell ever?
May 31, 2013 at 12:50 AM Post #256 of 484
Here is a pic

May 31, 2013 at 1:00 AM Post #258 of 484
nope custom blues ... sorry I am a fan of post processing ..so heres another one, with processing ..

May 31, 2013 at 1:20 AM Post #259 of 484
There should be a like button on Head-fi.

LIKE...

May 31, 2013 at 2:49 AM Post #260 of 484
Sorry, took these fast with my cellphone camera, but hopefully they get the idea across.  Forgot to get pics of the cable, but it's pretty simple... a very thin copper cable with no memory wire and a beefy plug.
smily_headphones1.gif

May 31, 2013 at 10:32 AM Post #262 of 484
Sethsez, you don't happen to be in California do you?  When I contacted Rob this morning, he initially gave me the wrong tracking number and it was to a California zipcode.  

Thirstymonkey, Do you still remember the California zip code that you received from Rob? Maybe it's mine, I'm from CA 92078.:)

May 31, 2013 at 11:53 AM Post #263 of 484
Sethez, those are custom blue as well? I'm having a hard time differentiating between the custom blue and light blue lol.

Anyways, good news Rob shipped my TF10s this morning. Being in Canada I'll probably have them in 1.5-2 weeks! (hoping for sooner). Can't wait!

May 31, 2013 at 12:27 PM Post #264 of 484
Quote:
There is.  See the thumbs up at the bottom?

Just ignore the fact that I've been on these forum's for years ...

Yes, I know.

May 31, 2013 at 12:51 PM Post #265 of 484
Quote:
Sethez, those are custom blue as well? I'm having a hard time differentiating between the custom blue and light blue lol.

Anyways, good news Rob shipped my TF10s this morning. Being in Canada I'll probably have them in 1.5-2 weeks! (hoping for sooner). Can't wait!

I asked for translucent dark blue.

Jun 2, 2013 at 9:56 AM Post #266 of 484
Quote:

I am in India and got mine in 1 week. shipped from US - SORT facility on 22nd may, reached home on 30 the may :)

Quote:
I asked for translucent dark blue.

I believe thats the custom blue color. 

Jun 2, 2013 at 9:59 AM Post #267 of 484
I have got to say, been listening to them for over 24 hours.. my brain is has partially adjusted to the sound, fit and feel. The extension on either ends and the overall clarity is just amazing! Its like an amped version of the R-50. Better soundstage as well. 

Although the warmth is still not there, I prefer this lean signature. The micro-detailing is nothing short of excellent. Nearing the levels of my SA-5k

Jun 4, 2013 at 3:19 AM Post #269 of 484
I would like to share my experiences with the re-shells (Rockit R-50 with Shure SE-425 cable), the problems I faced and my route taken to solve them.

Staying in India, I can't afford for the shipping back and forth and have to be happy with what I get or make necessary adjustments.

As I mentioned earlier, the left ear piece had an excess of acrylic mould around the MMCX socket which caused loose connection and loss of channel sound, also the left cable would come off loose and the ear piece would fall, which caused a very minor dent on the left ear piece recently. I also escalated this problem to Rob and Dan. 

Being familiar with sanding paper, I thought that sanding would level the unwanted acrylic. 

I spend the weekend at my cousin's place and found some coarse sanding paper. 

I leveled the ear piece with a small piece of sanding paper to make the excess acrylic spread more uniformly around the socket. the amount of leveling needed would best be judged by how much you can actually 'see' the circumference of the pin hole socket.  I got a reply from Dan telling me that Rob suggested using sanding paper grit designation 320 and moving up to 600 before polishing. 
Obviously by now, I had used a very coarse sanding paper and not the fine ones that Rob recommended.

Once done, I found that the cables fit in snug. I had left a few marks on the ear piece from the sanding and the glow of the CIEM was marred.

So I tried searching for polish but couldn't find one, unless of course my mom gave me a marker to write up something on an postage. The marker is violet ink & permanent. I used it on the scratches and I found that it that scratches disappeared under the ink. 

Trust this helps some one...

Jun 5, 2013 at 12:22 AM Post #270 of 484
Quote:
I would like to share my experiences with the re-shells (Rockit R-50 with Shure SE-425 cable), the problems I faced and my route taken to solve them.

Staying in India, I can't afford for the shipping back and forth and have to be happy with what I get or make necessary adjustments.

As I mentioned earlier, the left ear piece had an excess of acrylic mould around the MMCX socket which caused loose connection and loss of channel sound, also the left cable would come off loose and the ear piece would fall, which caused a very minor dent on the left ear piece recently. I also escalated this problem to Rob and Dan. 

Being familiar with sanding paper, I thought that sanding would level the unwanted acrylic. 

I spend the weekend at my cousin's place and found some coarse sanding paper. 

I leveled the ear piece with a small piece of sanding paper to make the excess acrylic spread more uniformly around the socket. the amount of leveling needed would best be judged by how much you can actually 'see' the circumference of the pin hole socket.  I got a reply from Dan telling me that Rob suggested using sanding paper grit designation 320 and moving up to 600 before polishing. 
Obviously by now, I had used a very coarse sanding paper and not the fine ones that Rob recommended.

Once done, I found that the cables fit in snug. I had left a few marks on the ear piece from the sanding and the glow of the CIEM was marred.

So I tried searching for polish but couldn't find one, unless of course my mom gave me a marker to write up something on an postage. The marker is violet ink & permanent. I used it on the scratches and I found that it that scratches disappeared under the ink. 

Trust this helps some one...

I might have my R-50 reshelled later this month, so this certainly helps, along with your early impressions as well.

Thanks for sharing!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back