INEARCUSTOM - Cheapest re-shell ever?
May 29, 2013 at 1:37 PM Post #241 of 484
Quote:
Not to sound any alarms, but I've been trying to contact them for a week and a half and no response at all. I'm getting really worried, is someone having an ACTIVE conversation with Rob?

Got an email from Dan about an hour ago.

May 30, 2013 at 11:56 AM Post #242 of 484
Quote:
Not to sound any alarms, but I've been trying to contact them for a week and a half and no response at all. I'm getting really worried, is someone having an ACTIVE conversation with Rob?

I have maintained contact with Rob (and sometimes Dan) throughout the entire process.  Every e-mail I sent received a response (although not always a timely response) and I found the best way to actually communicate was through the e-chat on the website.  It's hit or miss as to whether someone is online, but if you catch them you can get questions answered quickly.  I've had contact with someone at the company at least once a week since they received my impression kit.

There have been some frustrating issues in the process.  The first impression kit never made it to me (although Rob provided tracking information showing it was delivered and I followed up with my local post office and their records showed delivery).  And the wait hasn't been fun, almost 2 months since they received my impression kit.  That said, Rob has always been helpful and when I had the issue with the lost first impression kit quick to step up and make things right (the second kit was sent overnight mail at no additional cost).

My order is scheduled for delivery today, so I'm feeling pretty good.  Assuming there are no issues with damage in transit, the only potential problem at this point will be with the fit and sound of the final product.  Fit is always a concern and is something that happens with every company, so if there are issues I will understand and give Inearcustom the opportunity to fix.  I will update with pics and my thoughts tonight or tomorrow.

May 30, 2013 at 3:07 PM Post #244 of 484
Wow, awesome to hear you guys are getting them today! Does Rob usually send you an email to let you know they are shipped? Or do you have to specifically ask them? And im guessing he ships with tracking? (im located in Canada). Aside from that, can't wait to hear your impressions!

May 30, 2013 at 3:35 PM Post #245 of 484
I asked him what the deal was with my headphones and he said they shipped and gave me a tracking number, I guess something screwed up with their email service (which would explain a lot, honestly).  Then I found out it was getting here today.

And it's here.

And I love it.

The color is exactly what I asked for, the comfort is perfect, the fit is wonderful, and the super-thin cable I asked for is great.  No memory wire and I honestly have no idea it's even there.  There are a couple tiny bubbles in the acrylic but nothing like earlier pics I've seen... it really does seem like their work has improved.  And as for the sound... it's the same, which is exactly what I wanted.

So yeah.  I have them, I don't need a refit, and I'm totally happy with the result.

Edit: Given how happy I am with these, I'm going to hope the quirks I and others encountered were the result of fast growing pains and those parts get smoothed out.  Definitely keeping an eye on this thread to see how it works out for other people!

May 30, 2013 at 4:51 PM Post #246 of 484
My set have been delivered.  Physically they appear fine.  I've done one test fitting, and things seem fine.  Have yet to do any critical listening (they're for using as monitors for playing playing live) and obviously I'll need to leave them in for an extended period to truly assess the fit. The finish (I ended up going with clear) is very good.  Some small bubbles on the inner part, but the cap is very clear.  

Sethsez, you don't happen to be in California do you?  When I contacted Rob this morning, he initially gave me the wrong tracking number and it was to a California zipcode.  I'm in Texas and so I was a little freaked out until Rob found the correct tracking number.  Like Sethsez, I did not get an automated shipping response.  If not, there is at least one other happy customer today.Since Rob was available to provide the information, I'm not really concerned about that (although they would cut down on emails and chats if customers received automatic updates).

Anyway, more thoughts and pics later.   

May 30, 2013 at 5:36 PM Post #247 of 484
Congrats to both of you who received yours today. I am curious, knowing what you know now would you do it again ?

May 30, 2013 at 5:53 PM Post #248 of 484
Honestly, knowing what I know now?  Yeah, I probably would.  Granted, I've never used anyone else for reshelling, but I can say that the fit is perfect on the first try, the finish is quite nice, and the big reason I went with them (the fact that he offered me a cable that fit exactly what I was looking for at a reasonable cost and made it himself) turned out to justify itself.  As I suspected, having a great final product pretty much makes me forget the bumps in the road along the way.  Hopefully those bumps get smoothed out as their growth evens out and they get into more of a groove, because I really do enjoy what I got in the end, and you saw how much I was complaining earlier!  I'd still recommend a wait-and-see approach for most people right now, though, especially if they're buying for work.
Quote:
My set have been delivered.  Physically they appear fine.  I've done one test fitting, and things seem fine.  Have yet to do any critical listening (they're for using as monitors for playing playing live) and obviously I'll need to leave them in for an extended period to truly assess the fit. The finish (I ended up going with clear) is very good.  Some small bubbles on the inner part, but the cap is very clear.  

Sethsez, you don't happen to be in California do you?  When I contacted Rob this morning, he initially gave me the wrong tracking number and it was to a California zipcode.  I'm in Texas and so I was a little freaked out until Rob found the correct tracking number.  Like Sethsez, I did not get an automated shipping response.  If not, there is at least one other happy customer today.Since Rob was available to provide the information, I'm not really concerned about that (although they would cut down on emails and chats if customers received automatic updates).

Anyway, more thoughts and pics later.   

My tracking number said it was in Portland, OR and I live in Orlando, FL.  He might have sent a bunch out on May 27 and the tracking numbers got screwed up (also, good news for anyone in Portland, OR!).

May 30, 2013 at 6:31 PM Post #250 of 484
Pics will be up later tonight when I have access to my better camera.
smily_headphones1.gif

May 30, 2013 at 11:27 PM Post #251 of 484
After months of waiting and hope! I have finally got my in ear monitors! 

Rockit R-50 reshelled with SE425 cable 

At first the left ear was not working and i was pretty hesitant to believe it.

Inital impressions - sound is excellent, better soundstage,  less bass and warmth, boost in clarity and more texture in micro-detailing

fit - excellent although left ear is a bit tight, but i can live with it(i dont have an option really)

Workman ship - ridiculously good. I ll take a HQ photo to show the work and quality.

Problem - the acrylic around the left ear mmcx connector is a bit uneven so the cable comes off loose more than once. I tried sanding it, and the problem is a solved, though I have to sand it even more to confirm fit and polish to bring back appearance.

May 30, 2013 at 11:31 PM Post #252 of 484
All I can say! Thanks a lot Rob, When I first lost my IEMs, I lost all hope in IN EAR custom and I thought, I just lost a whole lotta money.

If I remember clearly, he said that I promise you what ever it takes, I ll give you a custom experience of your favorite sound.

Then he promised he would buy any drivers I chose and make a custom  for me for free! or buy me any IEM that I want. a little hope made me choose the second option as I was still skeptic in
In Ear custom. So, he purchased  the R50 for me but the left cable came loose, and he offered to do a custom for me for free if I sent him the drivers.

I couldn't believe it but he has  finally delivered.  I have and always will be a big fan of In Ear Custom! the excellent services and the compassion that he holds with utmost respect for any one who places an order! Its been a journey, but its still worth!

Best regards,
Aya

May 30, 2013 at 11:55 PM Post #254 of 484
thx Jay! 

I got some really bad pics at the moment. I ll try and get some high definition ones onto the page to show the work man ship as soon as I can. 

High volume of work - month end! so can't promise anything too soon. 

Regards,

May 31, 2013 at 12:00 AM Post #255 of 484
The problem I used to notice with the R-50 stock was the sibilance issue, which was not very bearable with flex tips provided, the custom moulding takes away the brightness and the sibilance is next to nil. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back