INEARCUSTOM - Cheapest re-shell ever?
Mar 26, 2013 at 3:11 AM Post #91 of 484
Hey guys, I've been following this thread for awhile now and am about to send in my TF10s for a reshell. Anybody receive their reshells recently and can comment on current wait times and how the quality is compared to inearz? Any info is appreciated!

Cheers

I know for a fact that rob is swamped at the moment. I guess word is getting around about how good a job he does for the price.

He has had my SE535's for 4weeks now and they have just been shipped back.

This is my second pair and it is well worth the wait!

Mar 26, 2013 at 2:58 PM Post #92 of 484
Thanks for all the replies! Herringfly, would love to see some pics! I have a pair of SE535 LTDs too, but since im so new to customs, i figured I'd send my TF10s in since thier just sitting around unused at the moment and see how they go.

Ayaflo, thanks for sharing your expereince. Customer service from Rob has been one of the main reasons I will most likely go with inears. Last time i was thinking of customs, had emails ignored by inearz and even UM. Am currently looking around for an audiologist in Vancouver since i dont really trust myself doing my own impressions lol. Will share my expereince with you guys throughout the process!

Mar 26, 2013 at 3:00 PM Post #93 of 484
One more questions for you guys, since i was reading the inearz thread. Someone mentioned to choose solid color options thru Rob, as the translucent ones will show bubbles. Can anyone comment on that, or post pics of ones they got done? I'm really liking the light blue translucent

Cheers

Mar 26, 2013 at 3:09 PM Post #94 of 484
I've been lurking for a while and wanted to share my experience with inearcustom.com

I decided to try out their reshell service about 6 months ago through eBay. I didn't know anyone did this type of work and it was really appealing considering I just had one of my superfi5 pros break on me so I had 2 right in ears from different superfi sets. They weren't as busy as they are now so the whole process took about ten days. When I got them there was a small problem with the left. Rob worked very fast to resolve the issue and went far beyond the call of duty to make it right. A while after I had them back I had an intermittent problem with the same side due to a problem with the in ear I sent them (not their fault). But Rob wanted me to be ecstatic about my in ears so he took back my superfis and replaced them with a new set of triplefis at no cost. Huge deal to me, certainly gained a loyal customer. To anybody on the fence, this is a company that will do anything possible make sure your experience is great. They are obviously here to build a customer base with a great product and service that you will not find anywhere else. This post may make me sound like a fan boy but they earned it.

-brandon

Mar 29, 2013 at 12:24 AM Post #95 of 484
Now I am thinking of getting the R-50 reshelled from In ear Custom rather than getting a refund from Rockit Sounds ..

Mar 29, 2013 at 1:12 AM Post #96 of 484
Rob sent out my impression kit a couple of days ago.  This is my first set of customs.  He's reshelling my tf10s and after reading this thread I'm STOKED!!!  I just purchased a set of Denon Ah-C300s to use while my tf10s are gone.  May get the Denons done when I get the tf10s back.

Mar 29, 2013 at 2:22 AM Post #97 of 484
Well I haven't posted here for... man, six years now!  How time flies.

Anyway, I've got a set of Super.fi 5 Pros that have been a bit of an albatross.  See, I love how they sound, but I also know there's far better out there these days (I got 'em before the Triple.fis were even announced).  Thing is, I'm not really one to take risks with purchases that are as expensive as higher end IEMs can be.  So I know I want something with the same sound signature as the Super.fi 5 Pro, but obviously I want it to be better as well.  And I have no idea what that is (well, that's a lie, I have some ideas, but I'm not completely positive).  I'm also very picky about comfort when it comes to IEMs... I don't want to spend hundreds of dollars only to feel like my ears are being probed by aliens, and given that I love the sound of the Super.fi 5 Pro, can't stand uncomfortable IEMs and am posting in a reshelling thread, I'm sure you can guess where this is going.

Long story short, I'm getting them reshelled by Inearcustom.  Rob has been very nice and done an amazing job answering all my questions.  I also happen to live very close to him which is making the process even easier.  So far I have to say his service has been fantastic, and I'm getting a set of the new super-thin cables along with the reshell even though they're not really "officially" available yet.

I'm killing quite a few birds with this stone.  I'm finally getting the customized, comfortable SF5P I've always wanted, which will finally free me up to try out other IEMs (and maybe even customs) since I know I'll always have these as a backup.  Now I just have to wait, which is always the worst part of getting a new toy!

Mar 29, 2013 at 2:11 PM Post #98 of 484
I should have done this a long time ago cuz now the price in $139 for the tf 10.  I've been exchanging email with Rob when its still at $119 but I keep putting it on hold waiting for more colors and options :frowning2: well too bad for me.  But I'll still gonna do it because of all the positive feedbacks that Rob been getting.

Mar 29, 2013 at 3:06 PM Post #99 of 484
One more questions for you guys, since i was reading the inearz thread. Someone mentioned to choose solid color options thru Rob, as the translucent ones will show bubbles. Can anyone comment on that, or post pics of ones they got done? I'm really liking the light blue translucent

Cheers

No worries Jay, I will get some pics up as soon as they arrive. (Should be next week).

I have gone the clear, and yes the first time there were a few bubbles in them. Personally I didn't mind and didnt really noticed until someone asked me in the thread did they have bubbles.

IMO if you like the trans blue just do it :)

Also I would strongly recommend paying the extra to get an audiologist to do the impression. Yes you can do them yourself, but in my experience you just can't do it as good as the professionals.

Also it helps Rob out by giving him the best mould to work with and enables the best result.

If you do it yourself and it is wrong, you will waste 5 weeks only to be dissapointed with the result and then Rob (being the nice guy he is) will offer to re-do them for you so your happy but the real issue is the initial impression.

I think it cost me $40 AUS to get my impressions done by an audiologist and it was well worth the extra expense.

Brandon: your story sounds simar to mind and I have nothing but praise for Rob. My only issue is I live in Australia so it takes a while with shipping! Hopefully my issues are resolved this week when my new set arrives!

Mar 29, 2013 at 3:22 PM Post #100 of 484
I am definitely going to get my TF10's re-shelled - but am torn on audiologist vs. home impressions. Is there anyone in Southern California that can recommend a good and reasonably priced audiologist? Or a decent referral source?

Mar 30, 2013 at 8:00 PM Post #101 of 484
I received my re-shelled TF10's from Rob today, the fit is very comfortable. So far I have used them for about an hour, I am happy with the results.
RC

Mar 30, 2013 at 8:18 PM Post #102 of 484
Can you take some pics???

Mar 30, 2013 at 9:05 PM Post #103 of 484

Please forgive the crappy celphone pictures.
RC

Mar 30, 2013 at 9:24 PM Post #104 of 484
Thanks for the pix - Did you buy the cables from them? What ended up as your out-of pocket cost total? Sorry for all the questions - I am getting ready to pull the trigger - even to the point of only listening to my TF10's today - They are really a great set of IEM's - it is just the fit that kills the experience.

Mar 30, 2013 at 9:46 PM Post #105 of 484
Quote:
Thanks for the pix - Did you buy the cables from them? What ended up as your out-of pocket cost total? Sorry for all the questions - I am getting ready to pull the trigger - even to the point of only listening to my TF10's today - They are really a great set of IEM's - it is just the fit that kills the experience.

The cable is a Whiplash Audio that I have had for some time, I sent the cable to Rob so that he could install the correct sockets for it. I had my impressions done by a local audiologist here in Houston (from JH recommended list), they are just a few blocks from my office. The impressions cost me $50. Inearcustom charged me $120 (shipping included) for the re-shell since I sent them my impressions and did not have them send me the impression kit. I agree that it is a great IEM, I was using the Comply tips as they were the only ones that worked for me, the problem with the Comply's is that they did not last very long for me.
RC

Users who are viewing this thread

Back