Incoming Astell & Kern New: A&futura and A&norma
Jun 30, 2018 at 9:24 PM Post #256 of 351
i saw a lot of improvements of this se100 over kann:

Screen is better, faster ui. Kann has a bit more battery, but se100 makes a great job for both se and ba output.

On sound quality se100 is sligtly more resolving with better clarity, deeper sound and better dynamic and transient response. What you will notice soon going from kann to se100 is the overall deeper and more dynamic sound.

Kann sound more warm with less sparkles.
Se100 is still musical, but better trasparency and trebles, but still not fatiguing.
Soundstage is more or less on par extention, but se100 has more precise soundstage, you can easily pinpoint instruments in the scene and feel more air between earch instrument.
Balanced output on se100 is very powerful with very layered and airy sound( i tried the balanced connection only with pwaudio saladin for the moment).
i have the impression that kann can sound a bit dull with some dynamic headphones, on the other side se100, thanks to its more dynamic sound can have better sinergy with a lot of headphones.
Bass on se100 focuses more on subbass frequency, on the other side, on kann the bass warms a bit the sound.
This is not night and day, but really i found many improvement over Kann.
Soon will try to compare with my Opus 2 too

Jun 30, 2018 at 11:02 PM Post #257 of 351
i saw a lot of improvements of this se100 over kann:

Screen is better, faster ui. Kann has a bit more battery, but se100 makes a great job for both se and ba output.

On sound quality se100 is sligtly more resolving with better clarity, deeper sound and better dynamic and transient response. What you will notice soon going from kann to se100 is the overall deeper and more dynamic sound.

Soon will try to compare with my Opus 2 too

Thank You.

Jul 4, 2018 at 5:01 AM Post #258 of 351
I received my ak se100, and its wonderful, love this device alot.

Sound wise its very similar to my cowon plenue s with eq engaged on cowon, but now I have tidal so i am very happy to have this great sounding dap with tidal.

its bass goes really low and with punch and impact, and its mids are as always top notch, as for highs since it uses sabre i was a bit concerned as I do not like sabre, but rest assured it's not harsh, the highs are superb very detailed . This is without using eq as I understand AK philosophy on using eq, so the way Ak tuned it is perfect with using eq at all.

Now my wish is for a leather cases that covers front and back something like this ( would sp1000 case fit se100 )

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/A6-...9fe8-4699-ad58-af4a993d32f5&priceBeautifyAB=0

Jul 4, 2018 at 5:29 AM Post #259 of 351
I think all I need is a soft pouch. I'm still enthralled by the design of this player.

Nothwithstanding the fact it could probably split open someone's skull with it if you were so inclined.

Jul 5, 2018 at 9:00 AM Post #261 of 351
Just only one “stupid” question, can I use Qobuz streaming app in the SE100?

Of course, third party applications can not be installed on SE100.
Moreover, because it does not support to Qobuz, it can not stream from Qobuz.
However there is a way to listen to Qobuz streaming on SE100.
The SE100's AK Connect is DLNA. Also, SE100 operates as a DLNA Renderer.
If you have an Android smartphone you can stream Qobuz using "BubbleUPnP for DLNA".
And if you set SE100 as Renderer on "BubbleUPnP for DLNA", you can enjoy streaming service such as Qobuz on SE100.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.bubblesoft.android.bubbleupnp

By using "BubbleUPnP Server" to generate SE100 as OpenHome Renderer, you can also stream Qobuz with a control application compatible with OpenHome Renderer such as LUMIN and Kazoo.
However, as SE100's behavior as OpenHome Renderer is very slow, I do not recommend this method much.
https://bubblesoftapps.com/bubbleupnpserver/

Jul 5, 2018 at 11:43 AM Post #262 of 351
Of course, third party applications can not be installed on SE100.
Moreover, because it does not support to Qobuz, it can not stream from Qobuz.
However there is a way to listen to Qobuz streaming on SE100.
The SE100's AK Connect is DLNA. Also, SE100 operates as a DLNA Renderer.
If you have an Android smartphone you can stream Qobuz using "BubbleUPnP for DLNA".
And if you set SE100 as Renderer on "BubbleUPnP for DLNA", you can enjoy streaming service such as Qobuz on SE100.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.bubblesoft.android.bubbleupnp

By using "BubbleUPnP Server" to generate SE100 as OpenHome Renderer, you can also stream Qobuz with a control application compatible with OpenHome Renderer such as LUMIN and Kazoo.
However, as SE100's behavior as OpenHome Renderer is very slow, I do not recommend this method much.
https://bubblesoftapps.com/bubbleupnpserver/

Thanks a lot for your comment and support.

Jul 18, 2018 at 5:44 PM Post #263 of 351
I wander if any of A&futura SE100 owners happen to have Oppo PM1 or 3? I'm wandering if SE100 can drive them fine. Also battery life is what concerns me as driving big headphones consumes more energy, probably even more balanced.

Thanks.

Jul 19, 2018 at 5:59 AM Post #264 of 351
I've got my A&Futura coming any minute and I'm looking to get a case for it.

As far as I can see, there is the official A&K case for £89.95 or Miter PU Leather case for £49.90. The official case seems the best bet, as it is actually leather and although the Miter is £40 cheaper, it's synthetic.

Both seem pretty expensive for what they are, but anyone recommend either?

Jul 19, 2018 at 7:03 AM Post #265 of 351

As far as I can see, there is the official A&K case for £89.95 or Miter PU Leather case for £49.90. The official case seems the best bet, as it is actually leather and although the Miter is £40 cheaper, it's synthetic.

I got the miter case. Cheaper and has a "stand". I didn't look at the A&K case which was $149.

Mike

Jul 19, 2018 at 11:35 AM Post #266 of 351

Ha, just ordered the Miter case in beige about 20 minutes ago from Amazon uk. I don’t usual do cases, using mostly at home, but this is a slippery fish, it spun round on a coaster while I was downloading at PC to its card, and lucky I caught it before it hit the floor.

Jul 20, 2018 at 12:23 PM Post #270 of 351

Users who are viewing this thread

Back