Incoming Astell & Kern New: A&futura and A&norma
Jun 27, 2018 at 9:33 PM Post #241 of 351
Intetesting. I am testing the SE100 now. Define “intriguing” in this case?

There is no more to define further. Just my feeling towards DX200. Or maybe I just cannot put it into words. (Language barrier)

I described what I can in the very first half part of comment.

Last edited:
Jun 28, 2018 at 1:56 AM Post #242 of 351
Have you noticed a big difference after a burn-in period? If so, do you have any recommendations for the amount of time to set aside for burn-in?

To be honest, I had forgotten that burn-in was a thing and just got on to listening to it. As usual with something new and shiney, I've been jumping all over my music collection listening to different things, so can't really form an opinion of burn-in.

Jun 28, 2018 at 12:31 PM Post #247 of 351
To be honest, I had forgotten that burn-in was a thing and just got on to listening to it. As usual with something new and shiney, I've been jumping all over my music collection listening to different things, so can't really form an opinion of burn-in.

I'm the same way. Just got mine last night and was very impressed with it right out of the box. The physical engineering is not on the same plane as the SP1000 but at half the price that's to be expected. I'm going to do a 'bake off' test between them at the audio shop later today. So far the SE100 seems to be the best AK device in regards to price-to-performance ratio. So I'm not sure it make sense to shell out the extra $$ for the SP1000 but will report back soon.

Jun 28, 2018 at 2:20 PM Post #249 of 351
Streaming services currently supported on the SE100 include Tidal and Groovers+. No Spotify, and I haven't heard anything indicating it will be supported. That said, I'm testing the Tidal implementation and so far it seems excellent.

This is an app I use to stream to my AK dap
Screenshot_20180629-011757_AirSpot.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180629-011846_Spotify.jpg
    Screenshot_20180629-011846_Spotify.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
Jun 28, 2018 at 2:51 PM Post #251 of 351
The AK devices can be DLNA clients which is handy. But unlike the Hiby R3, they cannot be Bluetooth receivers, just transmitters. At least, that is my understanding/experience.
Ak daps can work as "wifi receiver" so to me, no demand of BT cause of no benefit v.s wifi

Jun 28, 2018 at 3:27 PM Post #252 of 351
Ak daps can work as "wifi receiver" so to me, no demand of BT cause of no benefit v.s wifi
Yes and no. Its a dlna client so you can't stream other content to it, say netflix or other non-dlna content from a device, via wifi. I hope I'm wrong about that but I don't think so.
That's where bluetooth reception would play a role. I agree for music one would use wifi not bluetooth.

Jun 29, 2018 at 7:01 AM Post #253 of 351
Streaming services currently supported on the SE100 include Tidal and Groovers+. No Spotify, and I haven't heard anything indicating it will be supported. That said, I'm testing the Tidal implementation and so far it seems excellent.

Does it include the ability to sync Tidal offline? I recall I read here an there it does not and it would be a bummer...

Jun 29, 2018 at 12:12 PM Post #254 of 351
Does it include the ability to sync Tidal offline? I recall I read here an there it does not and it would be a bummer...

I've seen some rumblings of it coming, along with MQA, but at this time it does not have Tidal offline support. I don't think there's anything official stating that they're adding either offline or MQA either, just some talk of them looking into it / working on it.

Jun 30, 2018 at 8:28 PM Post #255 of 351
after 24 hours of burn in. I noticed a great improvement in treble response, soundstage and layering. Bass is deeper.
Usually i suggest 24/48 hours of burn-in.
I reviewed ak kann and this se100 is a great improvement over it.

Hi, Can you pls give details on improvements you saw in SE100 over Kann. I own the Kann and am very interested in SE100.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back