in-ears are makeing me crazy
Apr 6, 2011 at 3:51 AM Post #16 of 34
@ Zenesis:

Thanks for the info about Phonak. Meanwhile I have seen some interesting review and an another.. with a nice comparison diagram (below) and I am quite interested in the Fisher Audio DBA-02.. These buds are having great sound quality and quite good isolation and comfort.

And I also like:

HifiMan RE-262

VSONIC GR07

Which of these 3 do you guys recommend me for rock music. I like a good bass but not too much (just a good balance)
I like to hear clear vocals and warm instrumentals. (Hahaha, I know it's hard to describe and recommend sound) 

Apr 7, 2011 at 1:50 PM Post #22 of 34
Apr 7, 2011 at 3:04 PM Post #23 of 34
Yes. I have seen that thread.. 

It's HifiMan RE-262 vs. VSONIC GR07

I think these are the 2 best buds for their price on earth... regarding some reviews here on the community...

Apr 7, 2011 at 4:33 PM Post #24 of 34
I stumbled onto this thread killing an afternoon and I gotta say I am also intrigued with the VSONIC GR07 based on ClieOS review.  I currently use the Phonak PFEs and do enjoy them however I am on my 3rd pair due to some earlier issues with build quality (1st pair cables stiffened/cracked and 2nd pair left ear failed) so I do have a few concerns with overall build quality.  BTW David 8090 your first post made me laugh, I've felt your pain so often since I joined these boards... It's easy to get sucked into over researching your purchase but don't sweat it, you will have other earphones, just enjoy the ride :D

Apr 7, 2011 at 9:09 PM Post #25 of 34
Quote:
Those 3 are about the same price isnt it? 

I was referring to your original question about phones around $100. Hey, if you're willing to go up to about $160, it seems like you can't go wrong with either DBA-02, RE262, or even Brainwavz B2. Vsonic is less popular, less available. If you wanted to sell back, or ask for suggestions specifically about the phones, it seems like you'd have an easier time with the dba-02 or re262.

Apr 7, 2011 at 9:21 PM Post #26 of 34
I was recently in the same boat as you (but I'm not an audiophile, just like nice things) and decided to get the panasonic 900's, but sadly, discovered they aren't affordably available in the US any longer.  I ended up purchasing Shure 215's on a discounted whim.  First time with an IEM, taking much getting used to, but it's actually really nice.  I also put a pre-order on the Brainwavz B2 out of curiosity.  And finally, grabbed a $10 pair of inks for the car to use to talk on the phone.

Choose one, go, and don't look back, or you're going to torture yourself to no end - you can save $10-40 by reading another week or two's worth of reviews and waiting for deals, or just grab something at the top of your price and enjoy :)

Apr 9, 2011 at 4:10 PM Post #27 of 34
Thanks for all replies.

I skip the VSONIC.. Too hard to find..

I like the special pre order price of the brainwavz B2.. But I can't find a good comparison between B2 and DBA 02... The shell of the B2 was almost the same but they changed it to black and red.. Like it..

But I just saw the Ultimate Ears 700... The build quality seems better and the familiar brand name gives me a good feeling about these buds...

Damn... I know this 4 are all great, but there must be 1 out there that I like the most (for rock music)

Which one of these will give the best bass (a good bass but not immense) and good vocals? Ofcourse build quality and isolation is important as well.

Please help me with the choice of these 4 great buds..

- Fisher DBA 02
- Brainwavz B2 
- HifiMan RE-262
- Ultimate ears 700

Apr 10, 2011 at 6:05 AM Post #29 of 34
^ Thanks!! They ship worldwide for free.. great. but I am still not sure which one I have to buy. VSONIC seems to have the most accessories and the best buid quality.. 

Brainwavz is $50 cheaper.

Hifiman islotation seems not the best at all. So I skip that one.
Fisher DBA 02 seems have almost the same SQ as Brainwavz B2.. But B2 is cheaper.

So.. I think I go for the B2 or VSONIC... Is there probably an obvious genaral opinion about which of these is the best? If it's just a matter of preference I'll buy the cheapest: Brainwavz B2

Apr 10, 2011 at 6:46 AM Post #30 of 34

Quote:
http://mp4nation.net/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=51&products_id=493

This coupon code (0eb769710b) will lower the Brainwavz B2 pre-order price from $140 to $120. And The Phonak PFE is also one there, get it,
smily_headphones1.gif
. http://www.trustedreviews.com/mp3/review/2010/12/09/Phonak-Audeo-PFE-012/p1

Where can I enter the coupon code? It seems there is no option when I add it to chart and check out. 

I found already.

/edit: damn.. it's just expired!!! Are there probably any other coupons around? 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back