In-ear headphones with removable cable?
Oct 14, 2009 at 4:16 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

GordonA

New Head-Fier
So Ive been looking for a pair of in-ear headphones with a removable cable. i have read other forums about them being out there but couldn't exactly find a pair on the market. Does anyone have any knowledge and actually brand of such type of headphones??

Oct 14, 2009 at 4:43 AM Post #3 of 7
UE Super.fi 3, 5 pro/EB, and Triple.fi 10.

The Super.fi 3 and 5 pro are discontinued now, however. I wouldn't really call it removeable, but rather replaceable. The connector for the cable on the Super.fi 3 wasn't glued down well, and I think I read somebody with 5 pros had a problem like mine as well.

Also, I'm assuming customs don't count...

Aug 4, 2014 at 11:23 PM Post #7 of 7
Great in ear headphones, the Shure SE series I have a pair of the SE215's and they are the best in ear headphones I have ever owned, and I have burned out a pair of bose mie2i headphones as well as scull candy and other "cheap brands" the only problem with the Shure's is that when the chord wears out it is a 50 dollar expense to replace so half the cost of the headphones when you first buy them and i have only found 1 aftermarket off brand and those were still 30 dollars and they did not work as well as the Shure brand chords. The chords on the Shures are modular and very easy to remove/replace so that is a bonus, and the headphones themselves are extremely durable, i take mine running and such so they have gotten sweaty and gross but they have never had a problem working due to moisture, it is the cables that give out due to just the extra wear and tear that they go through when i use them. I originally bought mine at Fry's Electronics but they can be found at some Best Buy's and most Guitar Centers or other musician stores because they are marketed as in ear monitors

Users who are viewing this thread

Back