In Desperate Need Of Powerful New Cans... NEED SUGGESTIONS!!!
Oct 18, 2011 at 11:47 AM Post #16 of 23

Quote:
Since you already have a decent list of recommendations (and I'm not a basshead, so I couldn't recommend anything anyways), I just want to mention that your source plays a huge role in how things sound. You mentioned that clarity is a bit more important than a thumping bass. This might be obvious, but just to be safe I'm stating it clearly -- youtube rips and whatnot are vastly different in comparison to 320k MP3s, FLAC, ALAC, and all those other formats, with the latter being much preferred over the former.

Hope that makes sense...

especially if you decide to buy beyerdynamic cans like the dt 770s, they are super revealing and are picky on source, mp3 or other compressed media = recessed and veiled sound 

Oct 18, 2011 at 3:27 PM Post #17 of 23

Quote:
especially if you decide to buy beyerdynamic cans like the dt 770s, they are super revealing and are picky on source, mp3 or other compressed media = recessed and veiled sound 

My Mp3's are generally 256-320kbps but i will consider this... i was sold on the hfi-580's but i then found out that amps wouldn't do it any good & we musn't forget i'm competing with a headphone with a built in amp. Dubstep girl what are your current primary cans?

Oct 18, 2011 at 5:28 PM Post #19 of 23

Quote:
Oh has anyone tried the Audio Technica Pro700 MKII's in comparison to the rest of these phones?

Very, very briefly - as in 10 minutes, hardly saying much but the reality came to the fore anyway.

It's one bassy headphone!

Similar looking to my M50 but with more punch, the consensus is that the mids tend to sound
recessed in comparison it's M50 sibling, sadly I could not confirm this with the unfamiliar
material I was hearing at the time (belonged to an acquaintance)

Oct 18, 2011 at 5:36 PM Post #20 of 23

Quote:

My Mp3's are generally 256-320kbps but i will consider this... i was sold on the hfi-580's but i then found out that amps wouldn't do it any good & we musn't forget i'm competing with a headphone with a built in amp. Dubstep girl what are your current primary cans?

dt 990 for electronic

hd 650 for rap/hiphop

k701 for pop/vocals/instrumentals

grado for rock/live albums

Oct 18, 2011 at 6:41 PM Post #21 of 23

Quote:
Oh has anyone tried the Audio Technica Pro700 MKII's in comparison to the rest of these phones?

You want to talk about a muddy mess.. The Pro700Mk2s is not what you want. I hate to say it but you are going from one Can that has big bass with nothing else to another can with big bass with nothing else..

Try an Ultrasone HFI-580 or a Panasonic HTF600.. I have several guys on my thread on these phones that have a Beats pro and a beats studio. Both prefer the sounds of the Panasonic HTF600.. You can finally hear you tunes with highs mids and big full bass with this can.

Here is the shocker.. They only cost $30.. They sound more like a $150-$200 can and in comparison to your Dres. I would argue that these actually will sound cleaner smoother overall better in the same tunes you listen to..

You can get any phone these guys are suggesting and then get yourself the HTF600.. You will be shocked at how good they are.. I actually prefer these over my HFI-580s the ones I suggested to you..

Nov 12, 2011 at 8:35 AM Post #22 of 23

Quote:
You want to talk about a muddy mess.. The Pro700Mk2s is not what you want. I hate to say it but you are going from one Can that has big bass with nothing else to another can with big bass with nothing else..

The guys at headfonia disagree! Who to believe... I'd say what someone said before, pick a choice and go with it, DOOON'T LOOOOK BAAAAACK!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back