IMR RAH - Discussion / Impressions Thread
Jan 29, 2020 at 2:17 PM Post #1,922 of 3,340
Is that the DX 160?
How do you like it?
I like it over all but using the mango only player it sounds way too coloured and glossy :/ Using the Hiby player though in Android this 'effect' is much reduced
and I quite like it. I think the 4.4mm connection further improves the sound. Amazing soundstage though

Yes, it’s the DX160. I’m really enjoying it.
I felt Poweramp was better than Mango. I found the sound incredibly detailed and amazing soundstage, but lacking a bit of clarity, like the mids were recessed a bit. I wasn’t sure if this was the DX160 or the Rah earphones. Boosting the mids with EQ helped.

I then installed the Lurker firmware and later the Fidelizer Advanced purist ROM. This has transformed the DX160. No more recessed mids and no need for EQ. The soundstage is even better and reverb gives an amazing sense of how the vocal was recorded now.

I must try the HiBy app again.
One thing to note, Poweramp doesn’t work with the Fidelizer Advanced ROM, but a tweaked ROM of slightly lesser musical quality can still be used if users want to keep Poweramp.

Jan 29, 2020 at 2:19 PM Post #1,923 of 3,340
Care to mention the link/model or seller. Im keen on a black cable like this and I have ordered the PB1

Here’s the cable, just make sure you order the right ends you require.
€ 51,37 53% Off | 2019 **** Single Crystal Copper Silver Plated 2.5/3.5/4.4mm Balanced Cable With MMCX/2pin Connector For ZS10 PRO AS10 C10 C16
https://a.aliexpress.com/_spmGad

Jan 29, 2020 at 3:25 PM Post #1,924 of 3,340
Yes, it’s the DX160. I’m really enjoying it.
I felt Poweramp was better than Mango. I found the sound incredibly detailed and amazing soundstage, but lacking a bit of clarity, like the mids were recessed a bit. I wasn’t sure if this was the DX160 or the Rah earphones. Boosting the mids with EQ helped.

I then installed the Lurker firmware and later the Fidelizer Advanced purist ROM. This has transformed the DX160. No more recessed mids and no need for EQ. The soundstage is even better and reverb gives an amazing sense of how the vocal was recorded now.

I must try the HiBy app again.
One thing to note, Poweramp doesn’t work with the Fidelizer Advanced ROM, but a tweaked ROM of slightly lesser musical quality can still be used if users want to keep Poweramp.
Advanced rom does not affect mango os. It does but barely audible.
Poweramp on stock cant even compare to advanced rom. no point trying to keep it really. I mean if you own advanced rom ofc.

I am personally happy with mango player on android. But people say neutron is good. I just dig not click with its interface. I doubt it will change sound by default but i never tried worth advanced rom.

Last edited:
Jan 29, 2020 at 4:37 PM Post #1,925 of 3,340
Advanced rom does not affect mango os. It does but barely audible.
Poweramp on stock cant even compare to advanced rom. no point trying to keep it really. I mean if you own advanced rom ofc.

I am personally happy with mango player on android. But people say neutron is good. I just dig not click with its interface. I doubt it will change sound by default but i never tried worth advanced rom.

Sorry, I was referring to mango player on Android.

Jan 29, 2020 at 5:21 PM Post #1,926 of 3,340
I can tell you, the Rah scales insanely with more power the PAW Gold Touch certainly does a great job of letting the potential unleash especially in the bass department... there is more control and impact, wow!

What filters are you using? I'm using rah with the lpgt too

Jan 29, 2020 at 5:25 PM Post #1,927 of 3,340
What filters are you using? I'm using rah with the lpgt too

Still on black lower blue upper but I'll toy with filters when I have less of a crazy review backlog :p

Jan 30, 2020 at 10:40 AM Post #1,929 of 3,340
Believe me. Jump from free version to advanced is bigger than from stock to free rom.

Now this is interesting. Will check this out.

DX220 arrived but I came down with a nasty bout of flu the same day and my head/ ears have been blocked up so haven't had a chance to actually listen to it yet. Will finish burning in tomorrow so hopefully my ears are clear enough to have a listen.

Feb 2, 2020 at 6:45 PM Post #1,931 of 3,340
RAH with newly acquired Fiio M15 = Bliss

Feb 3, 2020 at 3:19 AM Post #1,932 of 3,340
Just received my RAH....first shipment got lost in the christmas craze and Bo did sent a new shipment via courier that arrived within 2 days....

I really like them - and for the first time the birghtness is too much for me - and I need to dial it down with the filters haha!!

Interesting.... Now here we go still in the early stages but I love the enveloping soundstage so far. And of course the IMR house sound is there too :)

Really enjoying these.

Feb 3, 2020 at 11:00 AM Post #1,933 of 3,340
So I got my hands on a used Rah and have 50+ hours on them plus whatever the previous owner had. They're good but the bass is a bit grainy. Details aren't "fuzzy" like other crossover free designs I've heard, which was my main fear. Right now I have black/black filters. Any recommendations on filters or burn in time to make the bass a little smoother?

Feb 3, 2020 at 11:04 AM Post #1,934 of 3,340
Yes find the widest bored silicone tips you got around. Definitely no foam tips. Oh and take care for driver flex. I am using the AZLA Sedna Earfit Lights.

And try a different source.

My rah's bass hated my E1da 9038s usb dac, but loves my Hiby R6 Pro and even straight out of my Asus RoG Phone 2.

Both the E1da and the Hiby R6 Pro have an output impedence of less than one. So it is probably the tonality of the source that is important and not impedence matching.

Most popular matchup for the nozzle here is black-bottom and blue top. But this is not necessary.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back