IMR RAH - Discussion / Impressions Thread
Jan 10, 2020 at 4:00 AM Post #1,606 of 3,340
Jan 10, 2020 at 4:18 AM Post #1,607 of 3,340
Did some tip rolling quickly, more open tips are better for me than the stock symbiote, bass is more layered and less bombastic :p

Image d’iOS (111).jpg

Always prefered tips that are around the same width as the bore :

Image d’iOS (110).jpg

Much better now, more layered and opened...

Jan 10, 2020 at 4:35 AM Post #1,608 of 3,340
Did some tip rolling quickly, more open tips are better for me than the stock symbiote, bass is more layered and less bombastic :p

Wide centered tips was my work around too. Rather than change the black bottom.

Last edited:
Jan 10, 2020 at 5:37 AM Post #1,609 of 3,340
@davidmolliere Interestingly from Bob's graph the Greys should have more bass than the Red, but I am finding the Red seems a much deeper, heavier sound. Greys seems lighter with more emphasis on sub bass to me. I can have the Rah on very low volume, but I still get nice detail and warmth to the sound. Using the gold top with it. I'll try the gold bottoms tonight.

Jan 10, 2020 at 5:55 AM Post #1,610 of 3,340
So I went to a meeting for a couple of hours, put the Rah on burn in with Tara Labs Cascade track and come back and... wow, the soundstage has opened quite a bit to reach holographic levels and bass is more controlled... I can't wait to reach 100+ hours... :D

Jan 10, 2020 at 7:14 AM Post #1,611 of 3,340
It was the choice of amp / dac - the PowerDac v2 isn't an ideal pairing for the RAH - but I can't get enough of the iBasso DC-01 with it!

Jan 10, 2020 at 8:06 AM Post #1,612 of 3,340

Try whirlwinds if you want them to open up. They tame the bass too.
With the set up i have now, soundstage is in level with cans. All i need now is my 4.4mm cable and amp8 to arrive. Then i will sit back and enjoy my rah till the dawn of Semper...

Or Phase...

Might buy amp9 too....

Jan 10, 2020 at 8:12 AM Post #1,613 of 3,340
Honestly out of N6ii with the class A E01 card is very impressive already... the bass is fantastic and the soundstage is so holographic might even be the king in that department almost to the level of my former LCD-I4 but with better clarity and separation which also equates to better imaging. Wow... color me impressed...

I have whirlwinds at home I'll try that tonight :)

Jan 10, 2020 at 8:15 AM Post #1,614 of 3,340
Honestly out of N6ii with the class A E01 card is very impressive already... the bass is fantastic and the soundstage is so holographic might even be the king in that department almost to the level of my former LCD-I4 but with better clarity and separation which also equates to better imaging. Wow... color me impressed...

I have whirlwinds at home I'll try that tonight :)
How is E01 mod compared to the default ones?

Jan 10, 2020 at 8:34 AM Post #1,615 of 3,340
How is E01 mod compared to the default ones?

I don't have A01 and T01 anymore... In terms of signature I feel E01 falls somewhere in between, it's fuller bodied than T01 in the mid section but not as thick as A01 either and it's extended down low and up top like T01 only with more mid bass than T01 (but less than A01). It hits the sweet spot for me but if you need driving power even in AB mode balanced doubles the output power so... what E01 has over both A01 and T01 is better dynamics, both micro and macro dynamics and this is where it's closer to N8 than either A01 or T01. I also hear richer textures. N8 in Tube mode is quite close to N6ii/E01 aside from the driving power...

Last edited:
Jan 10, 2020 at 11:31 AM Post #1,616 of 3,340
Try whirlwinds if you want them to open up. They tame the bass too.
With the set up i have now, soundstage is in level with cans. All i need now is my 4.4mm cable and amp8 to arrive. Then i will sit back and enjoy my rah till the dawn of Semper...

It was the same for me, at first Black bottom was too much much for me, but after a few hours everything tamed down and black became quite enjoyable. Whirlwinds completed the job, the bore on them matches almost exactly the nozzle size. I've got my 150 hours on them and they have become very balanced. I can go back and forth between black and blue now but have settled on Blue / Blue w Whirlwinds. Of course we all have different sensitivies and preferences so YMMV

Jan 10, 2020 at 11:37 AM Post #1,617 of 3,340
I've told another EE Legend X owner this...

I prefer the RAH over the LX and will probably get rid of the LX. The RAH is that good.
Trying them both back to back for 30mins each, the LX vocals just sound weird to me.

Jan 10, 2020 at 11:57 AM Post #1,619 of 3,340
I am using them with my light Iinum cables. That way I can wear the cable down with no weight.

Jan 10, 2020 at 12:50 PM Post #1,620 of 3,340
I've told another EE Legend X owner this...

I prefer the RAH over the LX and will probably get rid of the LX. The RAH is that good.
Trying them both back to back for 30mins each, the LX vocals just sound weird to me.
Would like to hear LX. Really insterested in how that dual DD sounds.
What about soundstage? Heard they are the widest sounding. Which would be a killer for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back