IMR RAH - Discussion / Impressions Thread
Jan 10, 2020 at 12:56 PM Post #1,621 of 3,340
Would like to hear LX. Really insterested in how that dual DD sounds.
What about soundstage? Heard they are the widest sounding. Which would be a killer for me.
LX have a wide sound stage for sure.
But that doesn't really matter much when it just doesn't sound right to me.
I've tried different cables (silver+gold, silver, SPC, copper) on the LX and it still sounds off.

There's also too much bass on it. Ironic, coming from the RAH :)

The RAH is more balanced when I have it on purple/green.

Jan 10, 2020 at 12:57 PM Post #1,622 of 3,340
Would like to hear LX. Really insterested in how that dual DD sounds.
What about soundstage? Heard they are the widest sounding. Which would be a killer for me.

Honestly when I auditioned Legend X I was like... meh... didn't click with me at all.
I would need to A/B and try again but the Rah makes a much better impression on me, resolution from memory is just miles better...

Jan 10, 2020 at 1:01 PM Post #1,623 of 3,340
Try whirlwinds if you want them to open up. They tame the bass too.
With the set up i have now, soundstage is in level with cans. All i need now is my 4.4mm cable and amp8 to arrive. Then i will sit back and enjoy my rah till the dawn of Semper...

Or Phase...

Might buy amp9 too....

That dx220 must be really impressive. Even with the DX160 the soundstage is huge, particularly the width.

Jan 10, 2020 at 3:53 PM Post #1,624 of 3,340
That dx220 must be really impressive. Even with the DX160 the soundstage is huge, particularly the width.
I honestly did not expect much improvement after wm1a. I was very happy with sony. But when ive put it on i was just blown away by that holographic soundstage. That seperation is just ohhh.. It is quite energetic and bass is quite fast and goes slightly deeper and is more controlled
As others said sony is more gentle smoother. bass is slightly more relaxed and a bit more authoritative on wm1a. I actualy like that sony bass quite a bit. With ibasso amp1 mk2 i miss a bit more authority. Hopefully amp8 will add a bit more flavour in lower end without muffling that soundstage.
Obviously without Rah that sound would not happen.
For me dx220 + rah + whirlwinds > can soundstage.

Jan 10, 2020 at 3:59 PM Post #1,625 of 3,340
Funny for me. Out of all my sources. It actually sounds best straight out of my phone. XD

No usb dac, or from my daps. That Quallcomm SoC built-in dac tweaks things just right.

Last edited:
Jan 10, 2020 at 4:38 PM Post #1,626 of 3,340
Honestly when I auditioned Legend X I was like... meh... didn't click with me at all.
I would need to A/B and try again but the Rah makes a much better impression on me, resolution from memory is just miles better...
I agree, sounds silly but I think I prefer the rah which costs over £1000 less

Jan 10, 2020 at 4:38 PM Post #1,627 of 3,340
Funny for me. Out of all my sources. It actually sounds best straight out of my phone. XD

No usb dac, or from my daps. That Quallcomm SoC built-in dac tweaks things just right.
I think not everyone likes wide soundstage and cinema like experience. Some people like in your face sound. I find that specially in hardoce bassheads.
Some just prefer fast muscle cars that just can drive straight on 2 wheels
Some like agile supercars.

Jan 10, 2020 at 4:40 PM Post #1,628 of 3,340
I agree, sounds silly but I think I prefer the rah which costs over £1000 less
That's 3 of us now.
It isn't the IEM of the moment phase either.

I listen to the RAH more than any of the more expensive IEMs I own.

Jan 10, 2020 at 4:42 PM Post #1,629 of 3,340
That's 3 of us now.
It isn't the IEM of the moment phase either.

I listen to the RAH more than any of the more expensive IEMs I own.
I'm seriously considering ordering the halcyon now to be honest. The rah is hands amazing

Jan 10, 2020 at 4:53 PM Post #1,630 of 3,340
I'm seriously considering ordering the halcyon now to be honest. The rah is hands amazing

You know what, I have had Rah for a day and I am ordering Halcyon... and definitely will Semper as well. I am an IMR fan big time, the Rah has me converted... this is tribrid done right... First universal hybrid to wow me like this since the Solaris actually!

Jan 10, 2020 at 4:55 PM Post #1,631 of 3,340
You know what, I have had Rah for a day and I am ordering Halcyon... and definitely will Semper as well. I am an IMR fan big time, the Rah has me converted... this is tribrid done right... First universal hybrid to wow me like this since the Solaris actually!
I think I prefer them to Solaris. I am an IMR fan too. I loved the Zenith's but the rah are something else. Sound better than several over £1000 iems

Jan 10, 2020 at 4:58 PM Post #1,632 of 3,340
I think I prefer them to Solaris. I am an IMR fan too. I loved the Zenith's but the rah are something else. Sound better than several over £1000 iems

They're more refined than the Solaris I think in the upper treble section specifically but Solaris had more lower treble energy so... Bass is probably even more huge than Solaris but need to AB. Solaris had more sub bass, subwoofer like... But I like the Rah's mids better on black lower / blue upper.

Jan 10, 2020 at 5:03 PM Post #1,633 of 3,340
Hold on to your boots, it gets even better as you log the hours ......

Jan 10, 2020 at 5:12 PM Post #1,634 of 3,340
I am now only using IMR Rah and the BGVP Artmagic DH3 as iems now. Listened to the KZ ZS7 yesterday but nope, Bob's new wonder or my Chinese favourite are all I need. As for headphones Audeze LCD-X or my latest buy the Blon B20 same drivers as the Sendy Aiva but with nicer pads and half the price

Jan 10, 2020 at 5:14 PM Post #1,635 of 3,340
They're more refined than the Solaris I think in the upper treble section specifically but Solaris had more lower treble energy so... Bass is probably even more huge than Solaris but need to AB. Solaris had more sub bass, subwoofer like... But I like the Rah's mids better on black lower / blue upper.
Is solaris trable something like atlas? As i think that is what i loved in altas. The lower treble energy. I would really feel like Rah needs that.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back