IMR RAH - Discussion / Impressions Thread
Jan 8, 2020 at 3:49 PM Post #1,561 of 3,340
So gave sednas and short sednas a listen. And i found short fit better as it is shallower. Soundwise they are the same. Switching from whrilwinds i lost quite a bit of soundstage and bass got quite more pronounced. As i use blue bass i really dont need that. Sednas are a bit brighter maybe.
I then switched to Horn Shaped tips.
They are very airy, soundstage is not compromised they are least bassy out of 3, though and they reveal detail best out of all tips i have, but are a bit too bright to my liking. This is due to very very thin flange material. They are extremely comfy too.
But i think they would not isolate well for outdoors use.

Last edited:
Jan 8, 2020 at 5:37 PM Post #1,562 of 3,340
Please deliver my Rah tomorrow... Please deliver my Rah tomorrow....Please deliver my Rah tomorrow

My prayer tonight :p
I am so excited by the Rah...

Jan 8, 2020 at 6:16 PM Post #1,564 of 3,340
Listening to Pink Floyd's Dark Side of the Moon with black lower, blue filter and an so enjoying it.

Jan 8, 2020 at 6:45 PM Post #1,565 of 3,340
Listening to Pink Floyd's Dark Side of the Moon with black lower, blue filter and an so enjoying it.
Nice! I think my flavor is Blue/ Blue I'm pretty sure that's where I settle

Jan 8, 2020 at 6:55 PM Post #1,567 of 3,340
Please deliver my Rah tomorrow... Please deliver my Rah tomorrow....Please deliver my Rah tomorrow

My prayer tonight :p
I am so excited by the Rah...
And rightfully so, these things are like a fine Bordeaux, decanted and aerated they just open right up and exhibit perfect balance both concentrated & powerful, and elegant & spicy! RAHs are to the ears what well blended Bordeaux is to the pallet. You're in for a treat.

Jan 8, 2020 at 7:21 PM Post #1,568 of 3,340
Jan 8, 2020 at 7:59 PM Post #1,569 of 3,340
@jsmiller58 I may have the same finely matured ears as you haha! I'm trying these Sednas that people have mentioned here and I find they add a certain brightness to the overall sound to the Rah. Also please give grey bottom and gold top a try. From the graph given, I got the impression that the mids would recess the vocals, but I don't think this is the case. This combo scales really well for me with volume output. Added a little sparkle for me with the upper frequencies as well.

Jan 8, 2020 at 9:08 PM Post #1,570 of 3,340
@jsmiller58 I may have the same finely matured ears as you haha! I'm trying these Sednas that people have mentioned here and I find they add a certain brightness to the overall sound to the Rah. Also please give grey bottom and gold top a try. From the graph given, I got the impression that the mids would recess the vocals, but I don't think this is the case. This combo scales really well for me with volume output. Added a little sparkle for me with the upper frequencies as well.
Awesome recommendation! Will give it a try in the next day or two (my life and schedule, sigh) and report back!!

Jan 8, 2020 at 9:38 PM Post #1,571 of 3,340
I have over 100 hrs on my RAH set and love them with Symbio tips. I will have do some back to back listening against my Aten's .I don't see how Bob ca top the RAH's . I think might hold out for Semper but will they be 2X the price of the RAH's.

I would like Bob to offer a 4.4 mm cable instead of the 2.5 mm cable as option on his new pairings.

This getting to be a lot new models.

Jan 8, 2020 at 10:44 PM Post #1,572 of 3,340
Seeing as he wants to give away his old Astell dap, I guess thay is why he has a 2.5mm cable.

Lots of cables you can buy out there.

Jan 9, 2020 at 1:26 AM Post #1,573 of 3,340
I would like Bob to offer a 4.4 mm cable instead of the 2.5 mm cable as option on his new pairings.
That would be so great. I am quite happy with original cables from Rah. But still had to order 4.4mm one.
And using balance output its just a must as far as i am concerned. Specially if you are listening to lossless.

Last edited:
Jan 9, 2020 at 3:03 AM Post #1,574 of 3,340
I don't see how Bob ca top the RAH's . I think might hold out for Semper but will they be 2X the price of the RAH's.
Also, Bob said it will be totl basshead iem.
He said it will definatelty be better then Rah.
By how much however? I dont think you cannot just meassure and accordingly price that. We percieve sound very differently from each other.

I just thought about it when I switched from wm1a to dx220. Just as an idea10% better better bass control, 20% better soundstage and seperation, 10% better detail would seem not massive difference. But added all together i personally get it as 40% improvement and dont want to go back to wm1a at all. And Sony is more expensive. Of course there is not only sound quality to consider, but for me that is a selling point.

Same will be with Semper. There will be diminishing returns. But those improvements will pe enough to shelve Rah for me. i know what i would like to hear different/improved in it, and there is space to improve for sure. There always is.

Another unlikely possibility is that Bob will miss the target and most will end up going back to Rah lol.
But the fact that Bob always allowed free returns gives me confidence in his ideas from financial point of view.

Jan 9, 2020 at 3:15 AM Post #1,575 of 3,340
I don't think it will be diminishing returns.

It will be hit or miss. Because adding complications is not so simple. It will likely be a matter of unexpected SQ sacrifices and not diminishing returns.

The Rah is just subwoofer and a planar. Conveniently, bass stuff is good at piercing through other stuff.

The Semper is like fitting an entire orchestra and hoping they don't conflict together.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back