IMR RAH - Discussion / Impressions Thread
Jan 7, 2020 at 4:19 PM Post #1,548 of 3,340
Got my 4.4mm cable from forza audio which looks lovely and is built like tank for money it is very good.
20200107_211546.jpg

But! When i opened the box, first thing i wanted to do was show my left leg up somebodys arse up to the knee lol
20200107_210809.jpg
How on earth i put that on my Rah lol.

Attachments

• 20200107_210750.jpg
    20200107_210750.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
Jan 7, 2020 at 4:23 PM Post #1,549 of 3,340
Who's actually considering R3 Phase? I am really interested in it. But have no idea where it will stand among other IMR iems.

I'm interested in the Phase. I don't know enough about the tech to know how it will be different to the Aten. In my head though I've built it up to be a better version of the Aten so I'll probably have to try it.

I'm thinking I'll see where things are once the PB1 and Halcyon have arrived. The PB1 should be the definitive version of the Rah so I had to order one. The Halcyon will be my first taste of iem electrostats and should be usable at work. Also should help decide if I need the Semper. I'm intrigued what the PB2 & 3 will be. Will PB2 be an upgraded version of the Halcyon? Would be a bit disappointed if it was.

Had to have a few days without the Rah as have been away. Was good to get back to them. Ended up listening to them to 2am. Shattered today. Once I have them in hard to take them out.

Tried this cable on the Rahs and sounded very good. Seemed to have more detail and soundstage. Its a nice cable too, I have a few of them.

US $31.28 66%OFF | HOT! HiFiHear 16 Core Import Single Crystal Copper Balanced Cable With MMCX/2pin L Connector For ZS10 PRO ZSN ZSXZST CCA C10 A10 https://a.aliexpress.com/sQFVwNtB9

Jan 7, 2020 at 9:40 PM Post #1,551 of 3,340
Seek and you shall find... The mad mans signature is blue on black!

Jan 7, 2020 at 9:51 PM Post #1,552 of 3,340
Seek and you shall find... The mad mans signature is blue on black!
Yeah, it could be called The Kenny Wayne Shepherd set up. Also the combo I've been listening to today.

Last edited:
Jan 7, 2020 at 9:55 PM Post #1,553 of 3,340
I'm giving it a listen right now, been using pink on red

Jan 8, 2020 at 1:26 AM Post #1,554 of 3,340
Blue black has been my default for over a week now. Loving it. Ibasso amp1mk2 amp is very airy and with bass control of dx220 it is very big sound with good slam and massive massive soundstage. I actually tried my dt770 pro cans which have a good stage. And i can say for the first that i liked rah seperation and depth more lol.

Jan 8, 2020 at 1:32 AM Post #1,555 of 3,340
Blue black has been my default for over a week now. Loving it. Ibasso amp1mk2 amp is very airy and with bass control of dx220 it is very big sound with good slam and massive massive soundstage. I actually tried my dt770 pro cans which have a good stage. And i can say for the first that i liked rah seperation and depth more lol.
Hehe, my Final Sonorous 3 have been mute as a tomb since I have the Rah. I'm blue on grey.

Jan 8, 2020 at 6:28 AM Post #1,556 of 3,340
Hehe, my Final Sonorous 3 have been mute as a tomb since I have the Rah. I'm blue on grey.
You made me reach for my Pandora Hope (= Sonorous) VI - there was literal dust on them :grin:
And those remain the best headphones I'm yet to hear under $2-3000. We have definitely reached a point where having full-size headphones is just for specific use cases, or comfort or convenience, but not because they are inherently superior to iems - I would argue the contrary, apart from extremes like the Abyss or the Susvara. But I have never tried $3000+ iems either.

The physicality of IMR iems is difficult to replicate without having something inserted in your ears methinks - and once tasted it's difficult to leave behind.

Jan 8, 2020 at 6:40 AM Post #1,557 of 3,340
You made me reach for my Pandora Hope (= Sonorous) VI - there was literal dust on them :grin:
And those remain the best headphones I'm yet to hear under $2-3000. We have definitely reached a point where having full-size headphones is just for specific use cases, or comfort or convenience, but not because they are inherently superior to iems - I would argue the contrary, apart from extremes like the Abyss or the Susvara. But I have never tried $3000+ iems either.

The physicality of IMR iems is difficult to replicate without having something inserted in your ears methinks - and once tasted it's difficult to leave behind.
While i never had a chance to hear 2k+ cans. Best i had was hd800 and only briefly. Never hooked up on cans to an extent i did on iems. And now hearing rah + dx220 monstrosity i dont see a point keeping cans at all for my

That said, i very much agree with you that cans will always be able to do something iems cant.

Jan 8, 2020 at 10:42 AM Post #1,558 of 3,340
Dear friends,
my RAH woke up after a month. Instead of approaching, he has moved away, now he is in Russia :)
Considering that the delivery is in Slovenia, I am afraid that I will have to wait another month :)

Jan 8, 2020 at 1:59 PM Post #1,559 of 3,340
Dear friends,
my RAH woke up after a month. Instead of approaching, he has moved away, now he is in Russia :)
Considering that the delivery is in Slovenia, I am afraid that I will have to wait another month :)
Wth . It must have had a proper glitch.
Well at least its not in north pole. Always the bright side always...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back