IMR RAH - Discussion / Impressions Thread
Jan 6, 2020 at 2:27 PM Post #1,516 of 3,340
Yeah, it's exciting! Can't wait to hear your impressions and particularly how you might compare contrast them with the Fusion.

If the parcel gets moving that would be a start... patiently waiting... I’ll probably get them later this week...

Jan 6, 2020 at 2:51 PM Post #1,517 of 3,340
I've been on Blue / Blue all day with Whirlwind and they are lovely! I'm a dedicated foam guy; using Comply T400 or Dekoni Bullets on my Xelentos, IE800, M3s and am very happy with them but on these RAHs the Whirlies, for me, open them right up. With that 15mm DD in there, the RAHs don't need the help of foam to deepen the bass. And with the Whrilwinds wide bore the treble is crisp clear clean ariculate unobstructed and sparkly! I think I may have found my winning combo. They've got about 75 hours on them now, so we'll see how they change moving forward but it think I'm sticking with this combo until I reach 150hrs with them and go from there. Very happy with these babies.

Last edited:
Jan 6, 2020 at 3:24 PM Post #1,518 of 3,340
As I get more hours on these the more impressive they become. I'm still using the black/blue combo with the white double flange tips that came with the RAH.

The bass is starting to became more refined but without losing its slam and depth just a bit less bloated. To these ears the mids are silky smooth, vocals sound excellent and the highs/treble is for me slot on, it doesn't fatigue but still has the right amount of crunch when listening to certain guitar riffs.

This Mogwai track is stunning using the RAH

I do think my DAC/Amp makes a big difference as well, the Ifi idsd black edition is very smooth with a dark background and loads of power to get what I feel is the best out the RAH.

Jan 6, 2020 at 3:35 PM Post #1,519 of 3,340
@McCol We keep bumping into each other I see we often follow the same path :) That’s exciting to read!

Edit : Parcel is moving oh yeah :D

Jan 6, 2020 at 3:43 PM Post #1,520 of 3,340
On the issue of fit. I sold my R1 and returned the Zenith's to Bob due to fit. Loved the sound but I've got a funny right ear that earphones often slip out of, the Etymotic Er4 being a rare exception. I'd switched to the awesome Custom Art Fibae 4 customs to overcome this and had thought I wouldn't buy anymore universal fit earphones.

However the RAH are fitting very well for me, every so often I have to readjust my right earpiece but nothing that spoils the listening. I think it's the little bend on the body that is helping keep it in my ear better.
I've also been happy with what I consider a mid insertion as oppose to trying to achieve a deeper fit.

Jan 6, 2020 at 3:44 PM Post #1,521 of 3,340
@McCol That plus the semi open design for pressure relief must be great :)

Jan 6, 2020 at 4:18 PM Post #1,522 of 3,340
I've been on Blue / Blue all day with Whirlwind and they are lovely! I'm a dedicated foam guy; using Comply T400 or Dekoni Bullets on my Xelentos, IE800, M3s and am very happy with them but on these RAHs the Whirlies, for me, open them right up. With that 15mm DD in there, the RAHs don't need the help of foam to deepen the bass. And with the Whrilwinds wide bore the treble is crisp clear clean ariculate unobstructed and sparkly! I think I may have found my winning combo. They've got about 75 hours on them now, so we'll see how they change moving forward but it think I'm sticking with this combo until I reach 150hrs with them and go from there. Very happy with these babies.
agreed. whirlwinds along with spiral dots are my favorites. today i also received Horn Shape tips. they are very interesting and definately worth having in collection. soundstage is great i think due to very thin flanges. they reveal that sparkle like no other tip i have heard. will give them some time but i need to get over my ibasso euphoria.

Jan 6, 2020 at 4:33 PM Post #1,523 of 3,340
I will have to disagree about being fickle. The rah lack treble energy and sparkle of any kind. The bass and mods and soundstage are all fantastic. The zenith had hot treble, the aten was slightly rolled off, and the rah has better mids than the aten but no treble love

Jan 6, 2020 at 4:41 PM Post #1,525 of 3,340
I will have to disagree about being fickle. The rah lack treble energy and sparkle of any kind. The bass and mods and soundstage are all fantastic. The zenith had hot treble, the aten was slightly rolled off, and the rah has better mids than the aten but no treble love
what soucre are you using ?

Jan 6, 2020 at 4:41 PM Post #1,526 of 3,340

Guess that's where we sometimes hear things differently, I think the treble is pretty much spot on with the RAH. It's not overly prominent but it's there and when needed it shines.

Jan 6, 2020 at 4:48 PM Post #1,527 of 3,340
agreed. whirlwinds along with spiral dots are my favorites. today i also received Horn Shape tips. they are very interesting and definately worth having in collection. soundstage is great i think due to very thin flanges. they reveal that sparkle like no other tip i have heard. will give them some time but i need to get over my ibasso euphoria.

Which are the horn shaped? I’ve been using spiral dots and zednas on em, right now I’m on aet 08’s with the zenith super impressed by the bass rumble (black / gold on this)

Pretty much settled on grey/ gold on the rah

This Mogwai track is stunning using the RAH

Oooohhhh man :)

Jan 6, 2020 at 5:09 PM Post #1,529 of 3,340
Which are the horn shaped?
415NUlYkTEL._AC_.jpg

i am waiting for my sednas this week.

Jan 6, 2020 at 6:45 PM Post #1,530 of 3,340
On the issue of fit. I sold my R1 and returned the Zenith's to Bob due to fit. Loved the sound but I've got a funny right ear that earphones often slip out of, the Etymotic Er4 being a rare exception. I'd switched to the awesome Custom Art Fibae 4 customs to overcome this and had thought I wouldn't buy anymore universal fit earphones.

However the RAH are fitting very well for me, every so often I have to readjust my right earpiece but nothing that spoils the listening. I think it's the little bend on the body that is helping keep it in my ear better.
I've also been happy with what I consider a mid insertion as oppose to trying to achieve a deeper fit.
IMR iems, ever since the R1, have always done great with shallow insertion for me. Expresses their speaker-like nature.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back