IMR RAH - Discussion / Impressions Thread
Jan 6, 2020 at 12:15 PM Post #1,501 of 3,340
So with all the discussion about treble/no treble I'm trying to figure out if the Rah is worth the asking price (and by extension the PB One)? This is assuming of course that one can get a good fit.

It has treble, but it is not a hot treble. They aren't warm signatured though; they are similar to the BLON-03 in that sense. But that is me using the Black bottom with the Blue top and Sedna Earfits wide bored tips.

You can always use a different setup that lowers other parts of the range.

But do note the treble comes at you like a planar; like a single driver speaker. These aren't like multiple driver hybrids with dedicated BAs/electrets and dedicated sound tubes. My EJ07 have a much more aggressive presentation of the treble and mids. Which give a nice, but distracting, seperation with a stereo style of effects.

My Fearless Rolands are similar to the Rah though despite being a hybrid with dedicated drivers and sound tubes. Unlike the EJ07.

Last edited:
Jan 6, 2020 at 12:18 PM Post #1,502 of 3,340
Has anyone spoke to bob.

He hasn’t answered a Facebook message from 5 days ago.

He has not answered me on a Facebook post 5 days ago.

He has not replied to my email from 3 hours ago.

I’m starting to feel quite ignored to be honest.

Let's see, 5 days ago. I think that was new years eve. The next day was new years day.
It's a good bet that Bob deservedly took some time to celebrate, or blow off some stress or reflect on the year ahead or perhaps a combination of those things. If someone would have written to me ove FB over New Years. I wouldn't have responded either and now. 5 days later, the first day of the 1st full week in the new year, any message from 5 days ago would be buried somewhere in the SM stream. My advice forget about those messages as though they've not been received. But if you're getting impatient about an unanswered email from 3 hours ago, knowing full well Bob's probably backlogged from the holidays, you've got bigger problems than your ears. We've all acknowledged across the RAH, Aten and R1 threads Bob's seller customer service. I don't think he changed. You've dominated this thread for weeks with many great contribution but I think you've reached a tipping point and one post at a time, you're starting to lose credibility here.

Jan 6, 2020 at 12:22 PM Post #1,503 of 3,340
Thanks @holsen . My concerns were based off recent posts rather than historical accounts. I have seen threads where everyone gushes over an IEM when it first comes out (i.e. FOTM) and then opinions change later after more head time or when something new (and presumably better) comes along. I have large ears so I'm not worried too much about fit. Although, I did have some issues with the R1 and R1 Zenith.
I also had the Zenith the RAH is night and day different from them. They carry the IMR Hhouse sound down low with a lot more control and very detailed, refined top end. Me and the Zenith parted company after 2 weeks. The RAH is a keeper and is nowhere near FOTM. I'm certain you won't find them reviewed by BGGA or Zeos. These are in limited quantity so they're no riding the hype train.

Last edited:
Jan 6, 2020 at 12:23 PM Post #1,504 of 3,340
:raised_back_of_hand:Let's roll this back on topic, the point of this thread is to discuss/review this particular IEM.

Jan 6, 2020 at 12:26 PM Post #1,505 of 3,340
Exactly and thank you
:raised_back_of_hand:Let's roll this back on topic, the point of this thread is to discuss/review this particular IEM.

Jan 6, 2020 at 12:29 PM Post #1,506 of 3,340
Let's see, 5 days ago. I think that was new years eve. The next day was new years day.
It's a good bet that Bob deservedly took some time to celebrate, or blow off some stress or reflect on the year ahead or perhaps a combination of those things. If someone would have written to me ove FB over New Years. I wouldn't have responded either and now. 5 days later, the first day of the 1st full week in the new year, any message from 5 days ago would be buried somewhere in the SM stream. My advice forget about those messages as though they've not been received. But if you're getting impatient about an unanswered email from 3 hours ago, knowing full well Bob's probably backlogged from the holidays, you've got bigger problems than your ears. We've all acknowledged across the RAH, Aten and R1 threads Bob's seller customer service. I don't think he changed. You've dominated this thread for weeks with many great contribution but I think you've reached a tipping point and one post at a time, you're starting to lose credibility here.

I already have written those previous messages off due to the new year and whilst I appreciate he has had a break he has also been active in that time. My post was not one of hatred, merely an observation.

If there is a back log that’s also fine but as has been mentioned by many members and myself included that his customer service is impeccable is why I feel slightly ignored.

I’ve had zero intention to dominate the thread and my passion for his products and audio in general has me fired up to want to contribute without any thought of how much I’m contributing but I’m happy to hear I’ve made some positive contributions. As for credibility I have zero interest in that and is of no concern to myself. What other people think of me is none of my business. It is true I do have bigger issues than my strange ears which I have touched on in one single post in this thread and being in this thread has been a great help too to help me forget about my bigger problems which cause my problems.

Jan 6, 2020 at 12:30 PM Post #1,507 of 3,340
Thanks @holsen . My concerns were based off recent posts rather than historical accounts. I have seen threads where everyone gushes over an IEM when it first comes out (i.e. FOTM) and then opinions change later after more head time or when something new (and presumably better) comes along. I have large ears so I'm not worried too much about fit. Although, I did have some issues with the R1 and R1 Zenith.

The RAH (and PB1 as well, most likely) is definitely worth the asking price.

Personally I don't have real fitting issues, just problems finding the right tips because my ears are a bit asymmetrical... regardless of IEM. I did also have some issues with R1 and Zenith (part of the chassis giving pressure to the ear), which resolved with the RAH.

Same about the treble issued that have been mentioned. So far my treble is just fine, like the rest of the frequencies. It is a bit more recessed compared to the Zeniths, since the planar elevates the mids, but i definitely prefer it that way.

So yes, if you like loads of bass (more controlled and better textured compared to the Zeniths), a superb stage and have no issue with the size, then the RAHs are for you :ksc75smile:

Jan 6, 2020 at 12:54 PM Post #1,508 of 3,340
Has anyone spoke to bob.

He hasn’t answered a Facebook message from 5 days ago.

He has not answered me on a Facebook post 5 days ago.

He has not replied to my email from 3 hours ago.

I’m starting to feel quite ignored to be honest.

He is active on Instagram, he just put up a mini giveaway of his old dap.

Jan 6, 2020 at 1:42 PM Post #1,511 of 3,340
Looking at tracking for the Rah like a child waiting for xMas :D

Jan 6, 2020 at 1:47 PM Post #1,512 of 3,340
My little collection

My.IMR.Collection.jpg

Jan 6, 2020 at 2:02 PM Post #1,513 of 3,340
Looking at tracking for the Rah like a child waiting for xMas :D
Yeah, it's exciting! Can't wait to hear your impressions and particularly how you might compare contrast them with the Fusion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back