IMR RAH - Discussion / Impressions Thread
Jan 6, 2020 at 2:49 AM Post #1,487 of 3,340
Yep getting them this week too.
These work really well on the Rah for me actually.

I get a nice seal with them.
The inner core that attaches to IEM is a nice stiff material and with the wide bore, it avoids disruption of the sound flow. Reminds me of my Final E-types where you can wiggle the IEM and it doesn't distort sound. Unfortunately with the Final tips I either couldn't get a good seal or I couldn't get them deep enough so I was getting a strange out of phase sound from them.

The Sednas work wonderfully for me

Jan 6, 2020 at 6:34 AM Post #1,489 of 3,340
Where are the details of the PB One not much on Bob's website .Where can you purchase the Sedna tips?
PBOne sounds like will be a Rah in a different colour to me.
Even the Halcyon looks like a Rah with a hole carved out of it

The PBOne is a Rah with a 12mm planar rather than 10mm, this will make the chassis slightly larger to accommodate the driver which possibly could change the way it sits. It will also be black with brass coloured ports.

The sednas I have are the black type and not a lite version.

Jan 6, 2020 at 9:16 AM Post #1,490 of 3,340
Unfortunately I cannot rejoice with you. My RAHs have not moved since 12.12.2019. By now I am beginning to think that they are really lost.

Jan 6, 2020 at 9:22 AM Post #1,491 of 3,340
Unfortunately I cannot rejoice with you. My RAHs have not moved since 12.12.2019. By now I am beginning to think that they are really lost.

That’s sad to hear. I’ve got in touch with bob about returning mine as the fit is horrible for me and also I think one side has developed a driver issue and sounds like some have said already they have no treble.

On the plus side the PBOne pics are on the site and look sensational, gutted they also won’t fit me.

Jan 6, 2020 at 10:32 AM Post #1,492 of 3,340
To follow up to my last post about modding for position fitting this is what it looks like in your ear.

upload_2020-1-6_10-32-41.png

Jan 6, 2020 at 10:33 AM Post #1,493 of 3,340
It's real compfy!

Jan 6, 2020 at 11:19 AM Post #1,494 of 3,340
So with all the discussion about treble/no treble I'm trying to figure out if the Rah is worth the asking price (and by extension the PB One)? This is assuming of course that one can get a good fit.

Jan 6, 2020 at 11:31 AM Post #1,497 of 3,340
Jan 6, 2020 at 11:33 AM Post #1,498 of 3,340
Has anyone spoke to bob.

He hasn’t answered a Facebook message from 5 days ago.

He has not answered me on a Facebook post 5 days ago.

He has not replied to my email from 3 hours ago.

I’m starting to feel quite ignored to be honest.

Jan 6, 2020 at 11:53 AM Post #1,499 of 3,340
So with all the discussion about treble/no treble I'm trying to figure out if the Rah is worth the asking price (and by extension the PB One)? This is assuming of course that one can get a good fit.
If you've been reading this thread at least from the beginning from when the RAH's began to be delivered, the vast majority find the RAH extremely comfortable with incredible sound quality. EWASS has said over and over again that he has "strange ears" so unless you have his ears, you can't go by anything he has said here. As for a treble issue, there are 500 units in the wild and we have seen, I believe, 2 reports of it so I don't think it's a big concern. Of course. For those who have a unit with some treble issue, for them it's a big concern, but generally speaking it doesn't seem to be a problem. The reviews of the RAH have been glowing with praise even from regular frequent contributors here who now.seem to be changing their tune. I would say the RAH's and PB 1 are absolutely worth the asking price and many contributors here have stated they are a bargain, a steal, and worth many multiples more especially compared to the larger iem brands routinely charging 4 figures. My 2 cent: take what your read over the last couple of days with a grain of salt; fickleness has emerged.

Jan 6, 2020 at 12:00 PM Post #1,500 of 3,340
If you've been reading this thread at least from the beginning from when the RAH's began to be delivered, the vast majority find the RAH extremely comfortable with incredible sound quality. EWASS has said over and over again that he has "strange ears" so unless you have his ears, you can't go by anything he has said here. As for a treble issue, there are 500 units in the wild and we have seen, I believe, 2 reports of it so I don't think it's a big concern. Of course. For those who have a unit with some treble issue, for them it's a big concern, but generally speaking it doesn't seem to be a problem. The reviews of the RAH have been glowing with praise even from regular frequent contributors here who now.seem to be changing their tune. I would say the RAH's and PB 1 are absolutely worth the asking price and many contributors here have stated they are a bargain, a steal, and worth many multiples more especially compared to the larger iem brands routinely charging 4 figures. My 2 cent: take what your read over the last couple of days with a grain of salt; fickleness has emerged.
Thanks @holsen . My concerns were based off recent posts rather than historical accounts. I have seen threads where everyone gushes over an IEM when it first comes out (i.e. FOTM) and then opinions change later after more head time or when something new (and presumably better) comes along. I have large ears so I'm not worried too much about fit. Although, I did have some issues with the R1 and R1 Zenith.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back