IMR RAH - Discussion / Impressions Thread
Jan 5, 2020 at 9:53 PM Post #1,471 of 3,340
Treble on the Rah is too much in your experience? Really goes to show how differently we all hear things... I am listening with red bottoms and blue tops, and using wide bore tips and I think the treble is almost lost in the bass and mids... Everyone hears differently!
No sorry there is no treble at all on the rah. Just bass and kids. Too dark. Way too dark

Jan 5, 2020 at 9:55 PM Post #1,473 of 3,340
No sorry there is no treble at all on the rah. Just bass and kids. Too dark. Way too dark

Have you changed the lower bass nozzle presumably to reduce the bass? They are not dark but they are smooth and slightly laid back but reduce the bass down to green or silver and you have bass but in my world no bass. That should bring the treble forwards.

Jan 5, 2020 at 9:58 PM Post #1,475 of 3,340
Yeah, just re-read what you wrote. Sorry I got it completely backwards!

I am still trying to figure out the secret combination of filters and tips to bring out some treble and detail in the Rah... I wonder if that’s what the Halcyon is about?

Jan 5, 2020 at 10:04 PM Post #1,476 of 3,340
Yeah, just re-read what you wrote. Sorry I got it completely backwards!

I am still trying to figure out the secret combination of filters and tips to bring out some treble and detail in the Rah... I wonder if that’s what the Halcyon is about?

I’d keep the blue top but the red nozzle is still quite bassy. Depends how much you like. Foams will suck any detail out. Silicone and wide bore seems to help. Sedna earfits seem to offer the clarity of silicone with the weight of bass of foams. Best of both for my ears but I’m also not looking for Uber detail.

I do believe the halcyon is supposed to be more your groove though and semper is for the super Uber greedy.

Jan 5, 2020 at 10:36 PM Post #1,477 of 3,340
I’d keep the blue top but the red nozzle is still quite bassy. Depends how much you like. Foams will suck any detail out. Silicone and wide bore seems to help. Sedna earfits seem to offer the clarity of silicone with the weight of bass of foams. Best of both for my ears but I’m also not looking for Uber detail.

I do believe the halcyon is supposed to be more your groove though and semper is for the super Uber greedy.
Yeah already use the Sedna tips on these. Will need to step down the bass ladder on the nozzles to see what I get.

I have both the PB One and Halcyon in my shopping cart. One will likely be voted out - since I already have the Rah I will probably just complete the purchase with the Halcyon. Semper is probably going to exceed my means... besides, I finally took inventory this afternoon - I have 16 IEMs in some form of rotation... that’s just nuts. Just. One. More...

Jan 5, 2020 at 10:42 PM Post #1,478 of 3,340
Yeah already use the Sedna tips on these. Will need to step down the bass ladder on the nozzles to see what I get. I have both the PB One and Halcyon in my shopping cart. One will likely be voted out - since I already have the Rah I will probably just complete the purchase with the Halcyon. Semper is probably going to exceed my means... besides, I finally took inventory this afternoon - I have 16 IEMs in some form of rotation... that’s just nuts. Just. One. More...

Makes sense, looks like PB One would be redundant unless you want a Rah with more forward mids... I missed the details about Semper, what will it be : a custom?

Jan 5, 2020 at 10:46 PM Post #1,479 of 3,340
Makes sense, looks like PB One would be redundant unless you want a Rah with more forward mids... I missed the details about Semper, what will it be : a custom?
From Bob’s email of 11/19/19

R3 Semper

• Quad hybrid array
  • The hybrid array consists of 15mm Aten hybrid ceramic driver + dual electrostatic driver + Planar magnetic
  • Frequency response: 7- 70000Hz
  • Ship date November 2020
  • Pre order launch September 2020
  • Price £1100.00 + Shipping
  • Pre order deposit £300.00 with the balance payable month prior to shipping
  • Limited to 150 units and won’t be made again.

Last edited:
Jan 5, 2020 at 10:47 PM Post #1,480 of 3,340
Yeah already use the Sedna tips on these. Will need to step down the bass ladder on the nozzles to see what I get.

I have both the PB One and Halcyon in my shopping cart. One will likely be voted out - since I already have the Rah I will probably just complete the purchase with the Halcyon. Semper is probably going to exceed my means... besides, I finally took inventory this afternoon - I have 16 IEMs in some form of rotation... that’s just nuts. Just. One. More...

I’d probably go for a big change and start at the other end with the least bass then move upwards. Sometimes you just need a big change initially.

My thinking was the same halcyon and not PBOne and both in the basket lol but then I’m like well may as well wait for semper but that may also not happen so I can’t miss halcyon.im actually waiting for phase now lol if it can be made skinny. Infact any that are skinny.

I just have Zenith, Aten and Rah and SE215 that I own with Aten and Rah in rotation.

Jan 5, 2020 at 10:49 PM Post #1,481 of 3,340
@jsmiller58 Thanks so basically kind of a Rah and Halcyon crossover in terms of tech... a bit more pricey but November is my birthday so :p

Jan 5, 2020 at 11:51 PM Post #1,482 of 3,340
I agree and I’ve persisted trying to find a solution because the sound is exactly what I’m looking for. I’m still loving the Aten with 90% of the rah sound and the fit and comfort is perfect. I will be in touch with bob and see what can be done either return, save for CIEM, exchange for halcyon if shell is any different or even PBOne as that is different slightly but that’s not to say it will fit any differently.

PBOne sounds like will be a Rah in a different colour to me.
Even the Halcyon looks like a Rah with a hole carved out of it

Jan 6, 2020 at 12:38 AM Post #1,483 of 3,340
A question for everyone who says they have a better fit and comfort with Rah over Aten/Zenith.

What to you makes it a better fit?

As far as I can work out you all should be getting a much deeper insertion giving you a more secure feeling if you are wearing them over ear and the cable connector is against your ear rather than hanging freely in the air.

Both Zenith and Rah are great all day wear for me, unless I use tips with a shortish dome.

I find the SpinFit mid C100 size on the Zenith scratches something on the back of my ear canal. Not sure if it's the silicon or part of the Zenith that's causing it. The C100 fits comfortably on the Rah, but can loosen easily. I'm thinking the extra size of the Rah and perhaps less surface contact between ear canal and silicon causes more wiggling and movement to loosen the tip.

I keep going back to the soft all grey silicon tips. Longer dome and slightly bulbous. It fits nice and snug for both Zenith and Rah without coming loose.

I also want a good fit deep in canal for both.

The largest grey with internal yellow tip that comes with the Rah seems to work for me, but seem to have poor seal in the mornings.... No idea why lol.

I think TWS tips would not be comfortable for me as they would have an even shorter dome to the SpinFits

Jan 6, 2020 at 1:26 AM Post #1,484 of 3,340
While i probably know what you mean about treble. As i think for example Atlas had more energy in treble. The higher FR felt fuller slightly.
However if you think Rah is dark no matter the filter set up. What made you buy Basshead iems in a first place? I mean for me some filter set ups are just too lifeless in lower end the opposite of what you say. And when i bought Rah i expected heavy bass, pronouned mids ect.
I just dont think IMR sig is not for you if you feel that way. Just my thought tough.

@EWASS getting tips end of this week will send picks if they are any shorter.

Jan 6, 2020 at 1:29 AM Post #1,485 of 3,340
20200106_142137.jpg 20200106_142035.jpg

I think these are the Sednas that some of you guys have mentioned? Found them at the shop so thought I'll try them.
No wonder you guys like them. Has the research backing of 788 types of carnal knowledge behind them. Lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back