IMR RAH - Discussion / Impressions Thread
Dec 31, 2019 at 8:09 PM Post #1,201 of 3,340
Happy new year everyone!!!

So after someone mentioned whirlwind tips a while ago i went and tried it and so far i really love them. They are very close to spiral dots but they feel more spacious but just a tiny bit less comfy. So i need more time to decide.

That said. It just shows how much info you can get from this community.

What i also like here is that mature community. As we all know how we hear music and what we like is very very subjective. While there will always be disagreement and healthy discussion is fun.
I have never heard any negativity or aggresive opiniation.

So while some take it for granted. I have been through a lot of forums where flaming is what websites are alive on.

Enjoy your new year people!!

Jan 1, 2020 at 12:36 AM Post #1,204 of 3,340
right so i went through most of suggested tracks. i actually was really thriller about some music i never listened before.

however what i started to understand was how different genre affects perception of bass. that is why i use blue filter and most use something less pronounced. i actually felt like bass really took something from clarity. but then i really hope people have these records in al least wav/flacs as youtube 192kbs before streaming quality is from 2000 winamp age. and hiders that music.

regardless i think @EWASS was closest to what i like. mss monique is actually soeone i liked quite a bit.

Jan 1, 2020 at 1:00 AM Post #1,205 of 3,340
Interesting, I dont find them muddy at all. Of course I'm not done with burn in on them. I've got about 16 hours on them since yesterday and so far have only used the Black base with Black and Red nozzles and I've listened to everything from Jazz vocals male & female, classical, blues, progressive rock, southern rock etc and so far I find them expansive and well textured. Right now I'm listening to John Bonham go to town on his kit on Moby Dick. Cymbal strikes are clear and articulate and I can hear and feel the reverb on the skins..... its quite magnificent!
Lets see what happens with a few more hours. I'm not ove going to try Nozzle and filter rolling until these babies have at least 150 hours on them. For now I'm pretty impressed.

Try other nozzles along the way, I bet you'll hear more detail compared to black. Except for gold. Probably throw those in the trash if they sound like mine

Jan 1, 2020 at 2:35 AM Post #1,206 of 3,340
Try other nozzles along the way, I bet you'll hear more detail compared to black. Except for gold. Probably throw those in the trash if they sound like mine

I have the same problem with gold, they ruin the sound completely. Something is wrong there.

Jan 1, 2020 at 4:08 AM Post #1,207 of 3,340
I do not find the RAH to be muddy at all, even out of the box. I've used wide bore tips.
I started at purple lower and green upper filters.
Now Blue lower and green upper filters.

:ok_hand:
Trying the blue and green today

Jan 1, 2020 at 4:31 AM Post #1,208 of 3,340
The more I use these, the more I realise they are a bargain. I was going to buy either some Tia trio or empire ears legend X. Not sure now

Jan 1, 2020 at 6:45 AM Post #1,210 of 3,340
The more I use these, the more I realise they are a bargain. I was going to buy either some Tia trio or empire ears legend X. Not sure now

The typical crossover system still has an advantage of having better seperation and psycho-Acoustics.

The Imr stuff is like using a single premium full range driver. While the competition closer mimic the seperation of car audio. (though it is not perfect recreation, but to the Rah it is so)

I don't own a Legend X, but that is how I view the difference of my Shuoer EJ07 and my Rah.

If the Legend X has the bass of the Rah, with the analytical seperation and directional sound effects of the EJ07, then it still has its own market. (I personally like to avoid BA drivers)

Last edited:
Jan 1, 2020 at 7:16 AM Post #1,211 of 3,340
Couldn't help it and bought another one of these for my RAH. Amazing cable!

2019 **** Single Crystal Copper Silver Plated 2.5/3.5/4.4mm Balanced Cable With MMCX/2pin Connector For ZS10 PRO AS10 C10 C16
https://a.aliexpress.com/30v7rLZe

Jan 1, 2020 at 8:26 AM Post #1,212 of 3,340
A suggestion for bob regarding the nozzles for future IMR releases.

If you could make the lower nozzle be capable to hold a tip on without having to push the tip beyond its normal resting lip. I honestly believe I benefit in fit, comfort and sound like this. I’ve finally figured out how to resolve my weird ears.
I need a short metal stem inserting in the canal as the bend and shape is weird.
I still prefer a deep tip insertion for security.
I need a hole in the nozzle that is not covered by a tip as I have weird pressure issues.

A few options if you think you can make this request happen.

Stay with the 2 piece system and add a tip holding lip on the lower nozzle. (Preferred)

Supply the Zenith nozzles along with the 2 piece set up and drill and colour code them the same as the lower nozzle. (Perfectly fine)

I’m currently settled for the Rah with the Zenith blue nozzle, de-meshed with the smallest silicone tip supplied by you but I would like to tune the bass with varying nozzles as I believe these don’t need filtering at all and just let them do their thing freely.

Last edited:
Jan 1, 2020 at 9:12 AM Post #1,214 of 3,340
I can’t believe I have only discovered her about a week ago. The more I listen the more I need more. Super grown on me so quickly. Really getting into deep, minimal, progressive, melodic.
Likewise. Specially during winter when harder edm festivals die down and djs dont release as many tracks.
It gave me a chance to experience progressive genres properly.

Edit: Added original video

This on is one of my favourites.

Last edited:
Jan 1, 2020 at 9:30 AM Post #1,215 of 3,340
Likewise. Specially during winter when harder edm festivals die down and djs dont release as many tracks.
It gave me a chance to experience progressive genres properly.

Edit: Added original video

This on is one of my favourites.

I only discovered Boris about a month ago too. His Tomorrowland 2018 set is epic. Particularly love his Gravity track and still exploring others. Have you found Cercle, they are an event I think but they are held in some amazing locations. I’ve shared a couple in this thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back