IMR RAH - Discussion / Impressions Thread
Dec 31, 2019 at 10:30 AM Post #1,171 of 3,340
I have the rah but I notice you have some 64audio. How do they compare?

The Rah are good for the price but technicalities-wise the Trio/Fourte are much better. Soundstage, layering and imaging especially. I doubt any IMR will ever get to that level unless crossovers are used. I like the Rahs a lot but it sounds like what they are - 3 different drivers doing their thing all at once. Adding new driver tech might bring minor improvements but I'm sceptical.

+1 for red lower/gold upper nozzles. Black are fun but a little muddy

Dec 31, 2019 at 10:36 AM Post #1,172 of 3,340
Thanks that's very useful. Whats your favourite iem?
Tia Trio is probably my favorite of all I've owned.
It's probably the reason why I like the RAH so much. It also helps that it's a fraction of the price :)

Dec 31, 2019 at 11:31 AM Post #1,173 of 3,340
This is for you. The Yin Lu Mei A2. The single-ended is 4.2vrms (equivalent to the Hiby R6 Pro's balanced out). Then it's balanced-out is...... 8.4vrms!!!!

Android dap with Google Play store, using ak's Ak4497 flagship dac chip.

https://www.linsoul.com/collections/audio-players/products/yinlvmei-a2

.... But you will be a first adopter. I intend to buy it next month.

What a beast and it comes with Play Store. Also has Viper HiFi but it's Chinese only. 1.000$ BGGAR has a introduction video, let's wait for the review and comparison with M11 Pro.

Dec 31, 2019 at 11:40 AM Post #1,174 of 3,340
Has there bee been an official continuous and peak power rating on any of the IMR models.

It is my belief that the power handling is insanely high.

I have my experimental cap on again, I’m currently using the gold nozzle, you know the one with the paper sheet, on the Zenithand closed port. For most music it’s terrible but for electronic it shines. Now because less sound is getting through I have had to use more power.

I’m currently using the Grace SDAC-B with the THX AAA 789 balanced input and output.

If using the Zenith with a black nozzle I would be on gain 2 around 3 o clock.

Using the gold nozzle I’m on gain 3 at 3 o clock.

Dec 31, 2019 at 1:55 PM Post #1,175 of 3,340
The Rah are good for the price but technicalities-wise the Trio/Fourte are much better. Soundstage, layering and imaging especially. I doubt any IMR will ever get to that level unless crossovers are used. I like the Rahs a lot but it sounds like what they are - 3 different drivers doing their thing all at once. Adding new driver tech might bring minor improvements but I'm sceptical.

+1 for red lower/gold upper nozzles. Black are fun but a little muddy
Interesting, I dont find them muddy at all. Of course I'm not done with burn in on them. I've got about 16 hours on them since yesterday and so far have only used the Black base with Black and Red nozzles and I've listened to everything from Jazz vocals male & female, classical, blues, progressive rock, southern rock etc and so far I find them expansive and well textured. Right now I'm listening to John Bonham go to town on his kit on Moby Dick. Cymbal strikes are clear and articulate and I can hear and feel the reverb on the skins..... its quite magnificent!
Lets see what happens with a few more hours. I'm not ove going to try Nozzle and filter rolling until these babies have at least 150 hours on them. For now I'm pretty impressed.

Dec 31, 2019 at 1:59 PM Post #1,176 of 3,340
Has there bee been an official continuous and peak power rating on any of the IMR models.

I have my experimental cap on again, I’m currently using the gold nozzle, you know the one with the paper sheet, on the Zenithand closed port. For most music it’s terrible but for electronic it shines. Now because less sound is getting through I have had to use more power.

I’m currently using the Grace SDAC-B with the THX AAA 789 balanced input and output.

I'm not sure what you mean here. I'm running a Topping D50s Dac into a JDS Atom Amp and depending on the recording I'm somewhere between 7:00 and 9:00 on low gain. High Gain is just too much for these things and I use high gain with my M3s which are also relatively high sensitivity.
I even stuck the RAHs directly into my tablet this morning and they sounded fine. On a Shanling M5s, I give them High Gain but volume is only somewhere between and 20 and 35 out of 100.

Dec 31, 2019 at 2:05 PM Post #1,177 of 3,340

• Impedance: 32 Ohm
  • Sensitivity: 108db (+/- 3DB)/SPL/mW
Are you sure you're not deaf?

Dec 31, 2019 at 2:13 PM Post #1,178 of 3,340
i'm running the RAH on low gain on my N6ii, at 38. This is the same level I play most of my IEMs. It doesn't need much power.

Dec 31, 2019 at 2:14 PM Post #1,179 of 3,340
  • Impedance: 32 Ohm
  • Sensitivity: 108db (+/- 3DB)/SPL/mW
Are you sure you're not deaf?

I absolutely 100% do have hearing impairment not caused by audio although there is a possibility I have also audio related damage just like other people do too and I was born with this problem. I have been fitted with 2 hearing aids but I never wear them ever.

That aside it does not change the fact that I can play these at insanely high volumes and they eat up the power.

I don’t subscribe to the DB/SPL as a guide of how much power is required to achieve the listening level of below hearing damage. This is not a good indicator of powering them properly.

Dec 31, 2019 at 2:17 PM Post #1,181 of 3,340
Interesting, I dont find them muddy at all. Of course I'm not done with burn in on them. I've got about 16 hours on them since yesterday and so far have only used the Black base with Black and Red nozzles and I've listened to everything from Jazz vocals male & female, classical, blues, progressive rock, southern rock etc and so far I find them expansive and well textured. Right now I'm listening to John Bonham go to town on his kit on Moby Dick. Cymbal strikes are clear and articulate and I can hear and feel the reverb on the skins..... its quite magnificent!
Lets see what happens with a few more hours. I'm not ove going to try Nozzle and filter rolling until these babies have at least 150 hours on them. For now I'm pretty impressed.
I do not find the RAH to be muddy at all, even out of the box. I've used wide bore tips.
I started at purple lower and green upper filters.
Now Blue lower and green upper filters.

:ok_hand:

Dec 31, 2019 at 2:18 PM Post #1,182 of 3,340
It’s not a question of do they need power, it is a question of how much power can they handle.
Which will damage first? Your ears or the RAH?
I will go with ears :)

Dec 31, 2019 at 2:23 PM Post #1,184 of 3,340
So you agree they can handle the high power incredibly well then. :)
I still have good hearing and I want to keep it that way :)
So no, I have not tried giving it more power than my ears can handle.

Dec 31, 2019 at 2:24 PM Post #1,185 of 3,340
To be clear, I’m not saying I listen constantly to everything at that level.

I’m saying I can listen at that level perfectly fine and the Rah, Aten and Zenith can handle it fine.

The Zenith require it because of the paper sheet in the base so not as much SPL is getting through.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back