IMR RAH - Discussion / Impressions Thread
Dec 23, 2019 at 6:23 AM Post #827 of 3,340
I lost the love for the Rah and I expected this to happen during burn in. I was around 50-60 hours, it all started to become a mess in my ears so the last 48 hours they have been playing non stop and all is good in the world again.

Dec 23, 2019 at 7:09 AM Post #829 of 3,340
I lost the love for the Rah and I expected this to happen during burn in. I was around 50-60 hours, it all started to become a mess in my ears so the last 48 hours they have been playing non stop and all is good in the world again.

I actually noticed the same yesterday and was also around the 50 hour mark. Today they are sounding better than ever.

Dec 23, 2019 at 7:40 AM Post #830 of 3,340
I actually noticed the same yesterday and was also around the 50 hour mark. Today they are sounding better than ever.

I’m hoping what I experienced in the first 24 comes back again just more controlled and refined. I can in some way feel as though a driver is not working too but I know they all are. I now only go oooo instead of oooooffffffffff. Still I’m allowing 150+ hours before I think about changing from the stock black black set up. I can’t say they are better than ever though right now, some things are better than ever and some are not as good as ever.

Someone else mentioned previously they would like to see the piezo ceramic removed in a future IMR iteration. I agree, something like a 15mm beryllium DD, planar and the dual electrostat.

Dec 23, 2019 at 1:09 PM Post #831 of 3,340

What happened? Did the bass dropped to the point you didnt like it any longer?

Dec 23, 2019 at 2:11 PM Post #832 of 3,340
I’m hoping what I experienced in the first 24 comes back again just more controlled and refined. I can in some way feel as though a driver is not working too but I know they all are. I now only go oooo instead of oooooffffffffff. Still I’m allowing 150+ hours before I think about changing from the stock black black set up. I can’t say they are better than ever though right now, some things are better than ever and some are not as good as ever.

Someone else mentioned previously they would like to see the piezo ceramic removed in a future IMR iteration. I agree, something like a 15mm beryllium DD, planar and the dual electrostat.
Give it time, it will settle down

Dec 23, 2019 at 3:51 PM Post #833 of 3,340
I lost my patience, I’m waiting since 4th December when Bob told me he shipped out.
Maybe I’ll ask PayPal refund! :frowning2:

Dec 23, 2019 at 4:12 PM Post #834 of 3,340

I had the same thing this weekend too. Probably at around 60-70 hours. Didn't get a chance to listen to them much this weekend so left them running for about 30 hours.
Had a listen about halfway through and thought hmm congested. Interesting you've both had it too.

They sounded superb today again. Think I experienced this with the Aten at about 100 hours.

Got my sedna earfits delivered today. Amazed as they came from Japan and only ordered a few days go.

First impressions of them after about an hour they definitely increase the amount of bass. Wouldn't say slam but volume. I think this is at the expense of some mid clarity compared to the foamies I've been using. I like the sound of them though its a big sound that I like more the more I listen. With these tips they sound more like the Aten with better mids. Will continue to listen. Have some spiral dots on the way too.

Dec 23, 2019 at 4:26 PM Post #835 of 3,340
4 months of waiting since I ordered them and now again waiting without knowing when they will arrive ...
my last articular that I bought was the Zenith ... it has already rained since then ....
I was very excited to have them on my Christmas holidays but I know that that is not going to be possible. :triportsad:

Dec 23, 2019 at 4:47 PM Post #836 of 3,340
I had the same thing this weekend too. Probably at around 60-70 hours. Didn't get a chance to listen to them much this weekend so left them running for about 30 hours.
Had a listen about halfway through and thought hmm congested. Interesting you've both had it too.

They sounded superb today again. Think I experienced this with the Aten at about 100 hours.

Got my sedna earfits delivered today. Amazed as they came from Japan and only ordered a few days go.

First impressions of them after about an hour they definitely increase the amount of bass. Wouldn't say slam but volume. I think this is at the expense of some mid clarity compared to the foamies I've been using. I like the sound of them though its a big sound that I like more the more I listen. With these tips they sound more like the Aten with better mids. Will continue to listen. Have some spiral dots on the way too.

These are the third IMR IEM I have owned and I experienced the same thing! Amazing OTTB. Going through a dull patch then, perking up a bit about 70 hours, then really settling into their full potential after 120 hours or so
Been going through numerous tips. Most balanced by far of the silicons is the Final Silicon Type E - clearest of mids and clarity and -rarely- the bass is tighter with a more focused narrower band. Almost all other tips maintain a huge bass :)

EDIT: Just read this. Interesting . . . Might be off interest to some. Ive only tried and (very much liked) the black 'E' type. Have ordered some pink stem ones

'Final earphones can sound different depending on which eartip is used in regards of insulation and bass response. It is possible to change the bass volume and sound insulation considerably depending on the choice of eartips. Experimenting with different eartips types will result in different outcomes.

The clear version of Type E differs slightly in terms of surface fluency and hardness, and the degree to which they are airtight changes slightly. Owing to this, bass tones become a little lighter, high-pitched tones sound clear, and the sound tends toward clarity.'

Last edited:
Dec 23, 2019 at 5:26 PM Post #837 of 3,340
Tips most certainly change the sound of a lot of iems. I usually stick on a pair of KZ starlines (as theywork for me on a lot of earphones) then take it from there

Dec 23, 2019 at 5:48 PM Post #839 of 3,340
Mine finally arrived in NYC today, it was stuck with US Postal Service since the 15th at JFK airport, then went through several internal distribution centers in Queens before finally arriving in Brooklyn.
Ohhh then its a possibility for delivery tomorrow!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back