IMR RAH - Discussion / Impressions Thread
Dec 23, 2019 at 6:16 PM Post #841 of 3,340
Yeah mine were stuck at JFK since the 18th, finally went to queens yesterday, today left queens. Hoping I might get em delivered tomorrow or by the weekend at least. It’s been a long wait, but I have to say, I’ve been enjoying my itsfit fusion universals so much that I haven’t minded so much

Dec 23, 2019 at 7:09 PM Post #842 of 3,340
I think for us Canadian, its just stuck in customs until they feel like letting it go~ I was really hoping to an update today so maybe could get it before christmas but at this rate it might even be next year at Jan

Dec 23, 2019 at 8:10 PM Post #844 of 3,340
So far from my various test I prefer gold / red. Red nozzle just gives incredible mids, no V shape anymore.

Same for me. I started with the black/black, listened to some classic Motorhead and Black Sabbath without any issues, then my playlist switched over to Fear Factory and the bass became way too fatiguing and overwhelming, so I switched to gold/red and it is now much better for my overall genre preference, which included so far Down, HIM, Marilyn Manson, Disturbed, Soundgarden, Korn,Audioslave, Danzig, etc.. I'm now testing with the new Tool album, Fear Inoculum, and it sounds out of this world.

Dec 23, 2019 at 8:37 PM Post #845 of 3,340
I settled on blue tips and pink nozzles

Dec 23, 2019 at 8:41 PM Post #846 of 3,340
I settled on blue tips and pink nozzles

I'll expand on my thoughts after the holidays. Don't want to rush my opinion and have to change it later

Dec 23, 2019 at 10:26 PM Post #847 of 3,340
I've gone full circle with the bass filter on the Rah. Blue bass back to Silver. I've had a good share of bass fix for now, but with Pink Floyd it gets too bloomy at times for me. Silver bass filter and Black top, using Final E-type L tips. I'm getting clear mids, crisp upper range and still get nice lower end fill in this way.

Ugh... Edit to correct that it is grey filter not silver

Last edited:
Dec 23, 2019 at 10:29 PM Post #848 of 3,340
I'll expand on my thoughts after the holidays. Don't want to rush my opinion and have to change it later
Hmmm.... smart idea. My set up changing every day :)

Dec 24, 2019 at 12:43 AM Post #849 of 3,340
Anyone had any drver failures yet? My left side has gone very soft and i think one of the drivers is not working

Got my Rah a few days ago. Not sure if it's the driver issue, though my left earpiece is generating lesser bass, mids, and staging. It builds up less "ear pressure" too, which makes the difference evident. The sound issue is less noticeable when paired with the original black filter (since it builds up maximum ear pressure among the others) but gets very obvious when paired with any other filters with less bass.

I'm shipping mine back for inspection. Sucks that I have to wait for a long time until the holiday season ends.

Dec 24, 2019 at 3:15 AM Post #850 of 3,340
Using the black bottom and blue top, as it's the only top filter with no damping material and it's now exactly how I wanted it - the boom that was too much on metal and acoustic got much tighter

Dec 24, 2019 at 6:55 AM Post #851 of 3,340
Just to have a full picture, let's also mention the sources we are using.

Dec 24, 2019 at 7:24 AM Post #854 of 3,340
I highly doubt source will have significant influence on filter choices. As long as the source is neutralish filters have far more effect than source.
Your gonna be hard pressed to find a neutral source outside something like an Objective 2 02 amp! - I am finding differences with sources but the difference in sound caused by this is not the same as that caused by filters! As you say, filters have a much bolder difference

BTW - Anyone else have the new R2 Red closed back IEM coming? - Bob has tuned it specifically for the closed back chassis - Looking forward to hearing what he has managed. If he can get halfway between the Zenith and the Aten (same driver used) Im going to be a happy bunny!

Dec 24, 2019 at 7:25 AM Post #855 of 3,340
I highly doubt source will have significant influence on filter choices. As long as the source is neutralish filters have far more effect than source.
People are using all sorts of stuff. I was talking about differences between £30 dongle or phone and proper daps. And not all daps are neutral. This also will affect what tips you will use ect.
It all matters.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back