IMR RAH - Discussion / Impressions Thread
Dec 22, 2019 at 11:12 AM Post #811 of 3,340
The Rah is sounding rather awesome with the E1DA 9038s right now.
I went through a fair range of filter combos today, including the Zenith filters.
I've settled with the blue bass and black top with SpinFit Cp100-M.
The bass is punchy and engaging, yet I'm getting wonderfully clear vocals.

What put a smile to my face today :
Rise - Dominique Fils-Aime
Mercy Street - Peter Gabriel
Jazz at the Pawnshop - The whole dang album
Young Can't Always Get What You Want (2019 remaster) - Rolling Stones
Set You Free - Sara K

Dec 22, 2019 at 11:45 AM Post #812 of 3,340
It sounds pretty close for me. Sedna is having little less controlled bass but that's about the only real difference I can ear. For fitting, it really depends of the nozzle and your ear, can't manage to have good seal with Sedna on the Rah, even Spiral Dots aren't the best. I went to Whirlwind and it sounds great!
1 thing none of the tips can achieve like spirals do so far, is soundstage. Every time i put a new set of tips on i just dont get impressed.
I think its that shallow fit and and extra widening of bore at the tip that does it.

But i agree that a lot depends on ear shape amd size. Spirals wont fit everyone.

Dec 22, 2019 at 11:54 AM Post #813 of 3,340
It sounds pretty close for me. Sedna is having little less controlled bass but that's about the only real difference I can ear. For fitting, it really depends of the nozzle and your ear, can't manage to have good seal with Sedna on the Rah, even Spiral Dots aren't the best. I went to Whirlwind and it sounds great!

I’ve some Tennmak Whirlwinds, are they the ones your talking about? I think your right, they do sound the most open and natural.

Dec 22, 2019 at 11:59 AM Post #815 of 3,340
Anyone had any drver failures yet? My left side has gone very soft and i think one of the drivers is not working
Try swapping the cable with another iem to check, I had a similar issue with the Aten and it was the cable.

Dec 22, 2019 at 2:52 PM Post #816 of 3,340
1 thing none of the tips can achieve like spirals do so far, is soundstage. Every time i put a new set of tips on i just dont get impressed.
I think its that shallow fit and and extra widening of bore at the tip that does it.

But i agree that a lot depends on ear shape amd size. Spirals wont fit everyone.
I mainly use Spiral Dot, Sedna, Whirlwind and Jomo double flange 95% of the time on the inear I own or borrow. Depending on the nozzle diameter, angle, length, i go from one to another.

I’ve some Tennmak Whirlwinds, are they the ones your talking about? I think your right, they do sound the most open and natural.
it's thoose ones yes.

Dec 22, 2019 at 3:23 PM Post #817 of 3,340
Went with the grey filter/ purple top, with the sednas, amazing set, reminds me of the fh7 (bass is there when needed, clarity all across the range; bass is way more massive than the fh7 and details are pristine in the rah) soundstage with the sednas is massive, though the rubber is so hard (that didn’t sound good at all...) went back to spiral dots++ soundstage is a bit more in your face with em, but still, I think my fave setup so far with the gray (bassier) bottoms, I’m in love with this headphones, I think the aten has more subass, but seriously whoever says that this has less bass than the zeniths... wth!? Have you check the zeniths lately? I used them yesterday and felt em a bit anemic :frowning2: can’t believe it since even with the atens i used to go more towards em

this is my “check for bass” track, can feel the rumble all across the board and the details...

Last edited:
Dec 22, 2019 at 7:07 PM Post #819 of 3,340
Same problem with 2.5mm and 3.5mm cables supplied. I am quite sure my set has a problem on the left earpiece.

How do you mean it is soft sounding and was it not soft sounding but then changed to soft?

Is it an out of phase soft sound. If you used an aftermarket cable and switched one connector in backwards and see if the sound is then full and not soft.

Dec 22, 2019 at 9:48 PM Post #820 of 3,340
@AlexCBSN the Zenith were my go to for a long while too, but the Rah has now showed up with the missing pieces

Dec 23, 2019 at 12:17 AM Post #822 of 3,340
How do you mean it is soft sounding and was it not soft sounding but then changed to soft?

Is it an out of phase soft sound. If you used an aftermarket cable and switched one connector in backwards and see if the sound is then full and not soft.

To me i think one of the drivers in the left earpiece is no longer working. The sound coming out is very soft and not full range. I am trying to contact IMR about it.

Dec 23, 2019 at 2:17 AM Post #823 of 3,340
I am baffled, mine was sent on 4.12, tracking is stopped on 13.12 and still gives it in England. By now I have lost all hope ....

Dec 23, 2019 at 3:50 AM Post #824 of 3,340
This morning the Royal mail said that mine are just arrived in Torino… wonderlful thing. I am pretty sure that in the 2020 i’ll have The Rah. From 4.12.2019……. :)-

Users who are viewing this thread

Back