IMR RAH - Discussion / Impressions Thread
Dec 21, 2019 at 7:17 AM Post #782 of 3,340
I can't unscrew my black bottom filters at the moment, so I'm stuck with them

Remove the eartips, then lock the lower nozzle in between the external layer of the eartips: the rubber will give you enough grip to gently unscrew.

Regarding the lack of details, give it 50 hours burn and switch to pink lower nozzle, you'll be amazed.

HTH

Dec 21, 2019 at 7:20 AM Post #783 of 3,340
So after cross comparing it for a bit with the Shuoer Tape i come to the conclusion, that the Tape is more resolving in micro details than the RAH. The RAH has an excellent body and sounds much weightier, but the bass just swallows some of the details above a certain frequency range - i.e. in this track whole hi hat parts seem to disappear and the ride is way more spatial on the Tape than it's with with the RAH:

Will certainly be a tug of war between Tape and Rah for me, as to which to listen too. I much prefer the Rah planars for vocals, especially female vocals. The extra upper sparkle and slight sharpness of the Tapes are great for me with anything with percussion and strings.
Both so far seem to be all rounders for outdoor and indoor listening. More noise pollution from the Rahs though.

Dec 21, 2019 at 7:29 AM Post #784 of 3,340
Lower filter is stuck to the shell, already tried gripping them with the rubber :/

Dec 21, 2019 at 7:56 AM Post #785 of 3,340
@Jawis i own R1 Zenith, waiting for RAH and i own Shuoer Tape that I love since I changed Awful stock cable with a cheap Kinboofi 8 core.
Tape Sounds amazing now with my Hiby R5

Dec 21, 2019 at 8:56 AM Post #788 of 3,340
@Xinlisupreme The Tape is probably the most surprising, bang for buck IEM I have bought this year. I've had it for only a month, but it's been my go to IEM ever since it arrived.
I'm really delighted with the Rah too, even though I've had it for only a few hours. I was hoping for it to be P1 like with extra bass extension and so far it hasn't disappointed me. It has a mighty sound stage :)

Dec 21, 2019 at 9:14 AM Post #789 of 3,340
Lower filter is stuck to the shell, already tried gripping them with the rubber :/

Are both sides stuck too?

Daft question but are you turning counter clockwise on both sides left and right?

Have you ever taken them off?

They are fiddly awkward and stick together the upper and lower but I’ve never had them unscrew-able from the shell on the Aten and I have removed them from the Rah but not changed the filters.

Dec 21, 2019 at 9:53 AM Post #790 of 3,340
Anyone mess with the silver filters?

Dec 21, 2019 at 10:40 AM Post #791 of 3,340
Hello,
I finally received my RAH. My first impressions are good. I recognize IMR sound signature; but when I A-B with Aten R2 I don't hear any difference. The sound is exactly the same using the same filters. Where is the impact of planar magnetic? if nothing changes with burn-in, I might sell Aten or Rah
Am I the only one who doesn't hear any difference between the 2?

Dec 21, 2019 at 10:49 AM Post #792 of 3,340
Just picked the RAH at GLS and will give it a try tonight. Hopefully it has a better fit then the Zenith.

Dec 21, 2019 at 11:46 AM Post #793 of 3,340
Hello,
I finally received my RAH. My first impressions are good. I recognize IMR sound signature; but when I A-B with Aten R2 I don't hear any difference. The sound is exactly the same using the same filters. Where is the impact of planar magnetic? if nothing changes with burn-in, I might sell Aten or Rah
Am I the only one who doesn't hear any difference between the 2?

Or talk to bob and ask for refund?

Is a-b testing like put one side r2 aten (left) and have RAH on the other (right) and play the track?

Dec 21, 2019 at 11:49 AM Post #794 of 3,340
Or talk to bob and ask for refund?

Is a-b testing like put one side r2 aten (left) and have RAH on the other (right) and play the track?

A-B is listening to the same music with one IEM and then with the other. It is impossible to compare different IEMs on different ears
Anyway, this is the bigining of the burn-in. I know that planar improves with time. Let's not jump to conclusions. These were my first impressions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back