IMR RAH - Discussion / Impressions Thread
Dec 20, 2019 at 4:36 PM Post #751 of 3,340
same situation here... I was hoping to receive them today, but the postal service of my country has decided that it is not yet time.

Dec 20, 2019 at 4:52 PM Post #752 of 3,340
So guys, what do you think about Rah? Hype is off now, so realistic reviews...
I really think it is a tough one. I sort of miss the R1 Zenith kick but at the same time i know you cannot have it with the same transparency.
I think what i personally would like to see in Semper is open/close port.
I personally live in busy environment and sometimes i just need to cloae in.
This Rah transperency is beyond anything. But maybe make it punchy enough and and give it a slow down with filters?

I am happy with Rah to an end. But maybe more IMR Slam?

WHAT YOU GUYS THINK?

Dec 20, 2019 at 5:09 PM Post #753 of 3,340
So guys, what do you think about Rah? Hype is off now, so realistic reviews...
I really think it is a tough one. I sort of miss the R1 Zenith kick but at the same time i know you cannot have it with the same transparency.
I think what i personally would like to see in Semper is open/close port.
I personally live in busy environment and sometimes i just need to cloae in.
This Rah transperency is beyond anything. But maybe make it punchy enough and and give it a slow down with filters?

I am happy with Rah to an end. But maybe more IMR Slam?

WHAT YOU GUYS THINK?

So the bass is weaker than zenith? Does rah leak sound alot?

What I like personally with zenith is that SLICK low end bass~ omg its like first love but with IEM

What is your final review of RAH as you have CA Atlas too!

Last edited:
Dec 20, 2019 at 5:26 PM Post #754 of 3,340
how are the mids on th RAH , is the bass affecting the mids, I usually prefer full rich mids that are not recessed

Dec 20, 2019 at 5:29 PM Post #755 of 3,340

Bass is more refined. You will not have that massive slam with Rah but with zenith you will not have that TOTL sound.
I dont think you can have both.
And i did try black filter from zeniths on Rah. It just does not cut it.
Depth of soundstage in Rah is just insane. Zenith has extremely wide but flat soundstage with open ports. Rah has all covered.

Comparing with Atlas;

Atlas has that dynamics. 1 drive does it all thing. But it lacks a bit of subbass. Not by a lot but 15mm does its wonders.
I personally think Atlas should not be flushed down for its price. It is just picking tiny things up so well i am astounded. It is audiophile stuff. You just need to hear it to agree.
But it is down to preference. They are quite similar signature.

Being very honest, i would say - you like rock music or metal. Atlas is your friend.

You have lossless EDM of electronics go for Rah.

Cannot say for acoustic music i am just not a person to judge. Veterans need to go in here.

Dec 20, 2019 at 5:34 PM Post #756 of 3,340

What I like personally with zenith is that SLICK low end bass~ omg its like first love but with IEM

The Rah does leak quite a bit of sound when turned up. You’d annoy people on an aeroplane that’s for sure.

Dec 20, 2019 at 5:37 PM Post #757 of 3,340
Did No one compare RAH with IKKO OH-10?

Dec 20, 2019 at 5:44 PM Post #758 of 3,340
The Rah does leak quite a bit of sound when turned up. You’d annoy people on an aeroplane that’s for sure.
Apologies for not covering the leak part. @MattSPL is absolutely right.

They do leak sound. They might not be a open back level, but if you want soundstsge it will leak. So what i found is you are quite ok with your isolation on higher volume but people around you will hear it. Specially if you go for bright nozzles like blue or black..

Last edited:
Dec 20, 2019 at 5:53 PM Post #759 of 3,340
Bass is more refined. You will not have that massive slam with Rah but with zenith you will not have that TOTL sound.
I dont think you can have both.
You can, but you'd need to fork out $2K+ for an EE Legend X. I also hear good things about the Sony Z1R slam, and would imagine it's also very refined. For the price of the Rah though...probably not.

Dec 20, 2019 at 5:53 PM Post #760 of 3,340
One thing though - I can't unscrew the black filters anymore, anyone got a tip how to do that without risking to break anything? They are sitting in there super tight

Dec 20, 2019 at 6:03 PM Post #762 of 3,340
Apologies for not covering the leak part. @MattSPL is absolutely right.

They do leak sound. They might not be a open back level, but if you want soundstsge it will leak. So wht i found is you are quite ok with your isolation on higher volume but people around you will hear it. Specially if you go for bright nozzles lile blue or black..

So it would leak less than Aten and zenith full open?

So for RAH, we can somewhat summarize that it reduce the mid bass compare to zenith and add more dept and richness for mids?

Dec 20, 2019 at 6:09 PM Post #763 of 3,340
So it would leak less than Aten and zenith full open?

So for RAH, we can somewhat summarize that it reduce the mid bass compare to zenith and add more dept and richness for mids?
I never thought i will say that but mids are superb. And i usualy dont care about mids.

You can, but you'd need to fork out $2K+ for an EE Legend X. I also hear good things about the Sony Z1R slam, and would imagine it's also very refined. For the price of the Rah though...probably not.
You just named 2 IEMs that i have my saliva dripping at. legends x is just something i gag someone to compare to Rah.
And your point about price of Rah is what i think it just makes it so special. Not to mention customization

Edit; apologies for my typos. My v30 screen is broken so sometimes it does what it wants lol

Last edited:
Dec 20, 2019 at 7:06 PM Post #764 of 3,340
how are the mids on th RAH , is the bass affecting the mids, I usually prefer full rich mids that are not recessed

This is one area of the sound that I have heard Nothing off. In other words through the many hours I have been playing the Rha's not once has anything from the mids or the highs caught my attention o_0 ... (there is no greater praise I can give to an earphone than simply absorbing into the music in general at the same time as geeking out on the details & quality of tonality of each instrument in particular WHILST nothing is grabbing attention as 'not quite right')
which means that the mids & highs [for me] are about as perfectly tuned as I could ever wish for.
Probably the only caveat I have with the Rah's is that sometimes (A LOT less now after 120 or so hours of use) the low end becomes a bit much - in the sense that it is often trying to grab my attention - BUT with, for example some Dave Brubeck, the >quality< of the low end...the drums is simply stunning
so for me :
Highs 10/10
Mids 10/10
Lows 9/10 - 11/10 with exceptionally mastered audio
For reference, Im coming from Newbee foams / pink-gold + iBasso Dx200

TBH, ive been surprised at how many people are using (and enjoying) these IEMs for EDM & related music...in the sense that the quality of the Rah is legitimately exceptional, and is well within the quality that your Audiophile would enjoy. By that I mean, listening to yer 1950's Verve Recording of Ella Fitzgerald, Billy Holiday...all that classic Audiophile nutters audiowetdream type of music
Anyway, sorry, its late been a hell of a year and Im finally on holiday = tired & rambling :)

Last edited:
Dec 20, 2019 at 7:17 PM Post #765 of 3,340
Funny hearing people
Saying that this doesn’t have the zenith slam, with the blue filters I can physically feel the rumble, black are massive and dirty (in a good way) but with blue it turns into a physical subwoofer

they do leak a bit of sound but it’s not like you are going to keep a whole airplane awake.

so glad I’ve got my pair, seriously loving em, tip rolling and playing with the filters make it such a fun iem to play with

Users who are viewing this thread

Back