IMR RAH - Discussion / Impressions Thread
Dec 21, 2019 at 12:01 PM Post #796 of 3,340
Lower filter is stuck to the shell, already tried gripping them with the rubber :/

I actually just tried to see if mine were still removable and the right side was stuck to the shell and the upper unscrewed, using the tips did not help. Putting the upper back on and then using the leather from the cable removed it from the shell.

I really hope bob goes back to the one piece system. The 2 piece is too damn fiddly.

I’d be happy to see 12 different tuning options supplied as a one piece system. Realistically most people use the same set up so I’m sure 12 options would suffice.

Dec 21, 2019 at 1:35 PM Post #797 of 3,340
If it works it works? What is the question? Our forum tester Hakuzen hasn't tested that cable to confirm if they are terminated correctly and with a good resistance.

Me on Aten but not 16 core version. Good looking and well sounding cable. Unfortunately greenish after not long time.
(Sorry Infoseeker, the answer is not related to your post. I apologize). :astonished:

Last edited:
Dec 21, 2019 at 2:00 PM Post #798 of 3,340
2634AA24-0D42-40F3-81C9-CA0F114E5911.jpeg

I can't unscrew my black bottom filters at the moment, so I'm stuck with them

I actually just tried to see if mine were still removable and the right side was stuck to the shell and the upper unscrewed, using the tips did not help. Putting the upper back on and then using the leather from the cable removed it from the shell.

I really hope bob goes back to the one piece system. The 2 piece is too damn fiddly.

I’d be happy to see 12 different tuning options supplied as a one piece system. Realistically most people use the same set up so I’m sure 12 options would suffice.

grab a piece of toilet paper and fold it so it fits inside and outside of the walls of the filter, with a pair of eyebro tweezers twist carefully

Dec 21, 2019 at 5:17 PM Post #799 of 3,340
Oh my, what an operation! Thank you all, will try the tweezers - I had them out once, but probably rolling tips got them screwed in too hard

Dec 21, 2019 at 5:20 PM Post #800 of 3,340
Just had my first contact and fit is way better than the Zenith. Transparency and detail is superb. For sure more refined, especially the mids. I think the Zenith has more bass too but not as refined. First impressions with the black filters are really good and can't wait to add a few more hours of listen with Porcupine Tree and Riverside.

I'm using the ES100, the only source I have for now. Hopefully to grab a DAP soon. Or maybe save some money for the Halcyon or Semper.:ksc75smile:

One more thing. I wish the RAH did not have the IMR logo. I like the industrial design of the Zenith.

Dec 21, 2019 at 7:09 PM Post #801 of 3,340
Lower filter is stuck to the shell, already tried gripping them with the rubber :/
I had a similar problem with the R1, used a small plier wrapped in slightly thick cloth, firm grip and gentle twist (after removing the cable, of course!). It worked fine, without any scratches or other damage.

Dec 21, 2019 at 10:02 PM Post #802 of 3,340
Anyone mess with the silver filters?
I just tried the silver filters that came extra in the zip lock with the black upper filters.
Clean mids and upper. My impression is good with 70s stuff. Vocals with wide stereo. Bass is there if it's there. America, Seals and Croft, Stevie Nicks, Fleetwood Mac sound good to me with this set up.
Using it on dx160 in balance and 4.4mm adapter.

Last edited:
Dec 22, 2019 at 9:28 AM Post #804 of 3,340
This is my first IMR product... Try it only today with purple/gold filters. My first impression - I don't really miss my big headphone... Sound of RAH is grand. I still hope the bass will tightened up and mids come more palpable but otherwise it's really good. Later I'm going to try this gold/red combination or pink/green as another member suggested here and maybe even more. But I could easily imagine to stuck with pink/gold even after burning in...
Btw, listening through Dethonray DAP on high gain> no hissing as I expected...

Dec 22, 2019 at 9:33 AM Post #805 of 3,340
If anyone gets their filters stuck and needs help getting then off in the Detroit area drop me a pm I got some crazy finger grip strength.

Dec 22, 2019 at 9:43 AM Post #806 of 3,340
I spent a few hours last night listening and changing filters and tips.

I finished up doing a full circle and ending back on black/black, but found my filter preference very tip dependant.
The supplied tips produce way more bass but recessed mids. Wide bore tips giving much less bass but a far more balanced, natural sound.

I have Sedna Earfit tips ordered that were mentioned in this thread.

Dec 22, 2019 at 9:55 AM Post #807 of 3,340
I spent a few hours last night listening and changing filters and tips.

I finished up doing a full circle and ending back on black/black, but found my filter preference very tip dependant.
The supplied tips produce way more bass but recessed mids. Wide bore tips giving much less bass but a far more balanced, natural sound.

I have Sedna Earfit tips ordered that were mentioned in this thread.
Let me know how sedna tips sound in relation to spiral dots. Cannot get the in europe... If they are worth it i might need to creat amazon.jp account.

Dec 22, 2019 at 10:05 AM Post #809 of 3,340
Let me know how sedna tips sound in relation to spiral dots. Cannot get the in europe... If they are worth it i might need to creat amazon.jp account.
It sounds pretty close for me. Sedna is having little less controlled bass but that's about the only real difference I can ear. For fitting, it really depends of the nozzle and your ear, can't manage to have good seal with Sedna on the Rah, even Spiral Dots aren't the best. I went to Whirlwind and it sounds great!

Dec 22, 2019 at 10:20 AM Post #810 of 3,340
I’ll receive azla sedna earfit By amazon.jp on Friday
I’ll receive also spinfit CP100z, but dunno when

Users who are viewing this thread

Back