IMR RAH - Discussion / Impressions Thread
Dec 19, 2019 at 1:15 PM Post #721 of 3,340
On that note - did anyone make experiences with custom ear tips for universal IEMs?
at·ten·u·ate

verb
verb: attenuate; 3rd person present: attenuates; past tense: attenuated; past participle: attenuated; gerund or present participle: attenuating
/əˈtenyəˌwāt/
  1. 1.
    reduce the force, effect, or value of.
    "her intolerance was attenuated by an unexpected liberalism"
    h
    Similar:
    weakened
    reduced
    lessened
    decreased
    diminished
    impaired
    enervated
    h
    Opposite:
    strengthened
    • reduce the amplitude of (a signal, electric current, or other oscillation).
      "the filter must severely attenuate frequencies above 10 Hz"
      h
      Similar:
      weakened
      reduced
      lessened
      decreased
      diminished
      impaired
      enervated
      h
      Opposite:
      strengthened
    • reduce the virulence of (a pathogenic organism), especially when preparing a vaccine.
      "the first live vaccine was insufficiently attenuated and produced a significant disease"
  2. 2.
    reduce in thickness; make thin.

adjective
rare
adjective: attenuate
/əˈtenyo͞oət,əˈtenyo͞oˌāt/
reduced in force, effect, or physical thickness.

Dec 19, 2019 at 1:51 PM Post #723 of 3,340
On that note - did anyone make experiences with custom ear tips for universal IEMs?
I had ordered ADVANCED custom eartip for Zenith because Zenith was giving me pain after wearing it for a little bit.

Sound signature definitely changed.... at first it raised the bass and somewhat killed the mid but after swapping filters around and found a work around.
I use the custom tips everyday.

Dec 19, 2019 at 1:51 PM Post #724 of 3,340
at·ten·u·ate

verb
verb: attenuate; 3rd person present: attenuates; past tense: attenuated; past participle: attenuated; gerund or present participle: attenuating
/əˈtenyəˌwāt/
  1. 1.
    reduce the force, effect, or value of.
    "her intolerance was attenuated by an unexpected liberalism"
    h
    Similar:
    weakened
    reduced
    lessened
    decreased
    diminished
    impaired
    enervated
    h
    Opposite:
    strengthened
    • reduce the amplitude of (a signal, electric current, or other oscillation).
      "the filter must severely attenuate frequencies above 10 Hz"
      h
      Similar:
      weakened
      reduced
      lessened
      decreased
      diminished
      impaired
      enervated
      h
      Opposite:
      strengthened
    • reduce the virulence of (a pathogenic organism), especially when preparing a vaccine.
      "the first live vaccine was insufficiently attenuated and produced a significant disease"
  2. 2.
    reduce in thickness; make thin.

adjective
rare
adjective: attenuate
/əˈtenyo͞oət,əˈtenyo͞oˌāt/
reduced in force, effect, or physical thickness.
I stick by what I said. :grin::ksc75smile::grin:

Dec 19, 2019 at 2:20 PM Post #726 of 3,340
I stick by what I said. :grin::ksc75smile::grin:

I stick by what I said - attenuate not accentuate. :) I liked quality bass and quantity bass, just not in iems. Bass heavy headphones are ok, but bass heavy iems are painful on my eardrums

Dec 19, 2019 at 2:25 PM Post #728 of 3,340

The Zenith and Aten are more painful on the eardrums. Running the Rah at maximum bass is quality bass in unpainful quantity.​
Now that's what I like to hear! - Cant wait to hear!

Dec 19, 2019 at 2:37 PM Post #729 of 3,340
I stick by what I said - attenuate not accentuate. :) I liked quality bass and quantity bass, just not in iems. Bass heavy headphones are ok, but bass heavy iems are painful on my eardrums

Im not a fan of anything exaggerated in terms of musical reproduction. I like music to sound like 'it sounds' o_0
I dont mind the smooth interpretation from BA's or the more weighty-ness that DD's can offer or the accuracy of Planar's and I love what the Rah's offer
The Rah's can have a huge bass for those who want that...which is great BUT they also have ability to offer [to my ears] a very high quality and accuracy of bass tonality, something which is not easy to find
On full black I do find the bass to take a very dominant position in the music which I do find tiring but I have found a sweet pot with NewBee foams and pink/gold nozzles.
One thing I have found is that when the music is perfectly mastered and mixed the Rahs REALLY treat you but if anything is out of whack they can punish you a bit

Anyway..just saying the Rah's hold a special place in my heart & its a pleasure to speak so highly of them here!

Last edited:
Dec 19, 2019 at 3:22 PM Post #730 of 3,340
Another day and I'm still waiting for mine... :triportsad:

Dec 19, 2019 at 3:32 PM Post #731 of 3,340
Another day and I'm still waiting for mine... :triportsad:

you and me both :wink: I now have a habit of refreshing tracking information incase for a miracle every hour or so, during work

Dec 19, 2019 at 4:02 PM Post #732 of 3,340
Tuesday 17 December
  1. 05:00am
    Item Leaving the UK United Kingdom
Wednesday 11 December
  1. 07:51pm
    Item Despatched to Heathrow Worldwide Distribution Centre Nottingham Mail Centre

***, royal mail!

Dec 19, 2019 at 5:22 PM Post #733 of 3,340
In case any of you is into electronic music and wants to see how tremendous the bass on the RAH can be, give this tune a spin. Incredible sub bass and micro detail in the sound design!

Dec 19, 2019 at 5:23 PM Post #734 of 3,340
I’ve been doing some listening to the RAH’s and swapping around filters.
I’m a Hi-Fi person rather than a Head-Fi person. I’ve a pair of active studio monitors and 2 DIY 18 inch subs. I’ve been looking for some iem’s that can go some way to towards giving me my Hi-Fi sound and I think I’ve found them :)

Black bottom filter and red top filter is giving me close to the tonal and bass balance I get in my Hi-Fi. Very happy with this and the detail retrieval from the RAH’s is incredible. I’m hearing things I’ve never heard before in recordings and I’m only about 12 hours in on the RAH’s. Initially, the black bottom filter gave too much uncontrolled bass, but now it’s tightening up nicely, giving massive slam.

Dec 19, 2019 at 6:04 PM Post #735 of 3,340
Tuesday 17 December
  1. 05:00am
    Item Leaving the UK United Kingdom
Wednesday 11 December
  1. 07:51pm
    Item Despatched to Heathrow Worldwide Distribution Centre Nottingham Mail Centre

***, royal mail!
Same same

Users who are viewing this thread

Back