IMR RAH - Discussion / Impressions Thread
Dec 31, 2019 at 5:02 AM Post #1,156 of 3,340
...mine are just arrived...wooowww... :L3000:
IMG_20191231_105644.jpg

Dec 31, 2019 at 5:23 AM Post #1,157 of 3,340
There is nothing quantitative to the description, but it sounds like how I would describe the Rah. (Which more often I am using over my Shuoer EJ07 and Lcd-i4.)
I agree! Here is what Bob wrote to me yesterday:
“The Halcyon will very much have the signature bass of the Aten and Rah but will have a greater emphasis on the mids than the Rah, treble will be comparable although a touch more detailed.”
...mine are just arrived...wooowww... :L3000:
Let us know how it fares with those Shanling and iBasso sources!

Dec 31, 2019 at 6:01 AM Post #1,158 of 3,340
it seems that mine is lost ...
if Bob doesn't arrive in January, he'll have to refund me and I won't have them:head_bandage::angry::imp:

Dec 31, 2019 at 6:11 AM Post #1,159 of 3,340
it seems that mine is lost ...
if Bob doesn't arrive in January, he'll have to refund me and I won't have them:head_bandage::angry::imp:
Why are you so sure they're lost? Mine just arrived but the tracking status nevef changed. It has shown Leaving HWDC since December 12. I too was beginning to think they were lost but They finally delivered yesterday and the status remains unchanged. Hang in there

Dec 31, 2019 at 8:53 AM Post #1,161 of 3,340
I was wondering this too. Anyone know?

Some amazing tunes posted last night. Listened to the lot. They sounded great on the Rahs. Thanks for sharing.

I can’t say for sure but if you have not been notified of any cancellation your order still stands and a service was offerered to you which is probably being honoured and bob will request the remainder of the balance.

Dec 31, 2019 at 8:53 AM Post #1,162 of 3,340
I agree! Here is what Bob wrote to me yesterday:
“The Halcyon will very much have the signature bass of the Aten and Rah but will have a greater emphasis on the mids than the Rah, treble will be comparable although a touch more detailed.”

Let us know how it fares with those Shanling and iBasso sources!
I am actually pausing on iem purchase now until emd of year. And once my atlas is sold i will go for dx220 and then i will be collecting amps too..
Just dont want to sell my wm1a before i tried it out. My sony unit is too good condition to lose so easily.

Dec 31, 2019 at 9:01 AM Post #1,163 of 3,340
I still can't believe I only paid about $350 for the RAH.
These are easily becoming my favorite IEMs, even though I have some that are much more $$.
LOL, even my cables are more expensive :)

I'm not even sure i'll pull out the LCDi4 anytime soon.
I have the rah but I notice you have some 64audio. How do they compare?

Dec 31, 2019 at 9:13 AM Post #1,164 of 3,340
I am actually pausing on iem purchase now until emd of year. And once my atlas is sold i will go for dx220 and then i will be collecting amps too..
Just dont want to sell my wm1a before i tried it out. My sony unit is too good condition to lose so easily.
So that’s a whole 24 hours without buying new iems!
Kidding :smile:
I am in the same boat, as portable amplification is my main concern atm. I am tempted to get the Halcyon but that’s largely because I can't keep the Rah, still crave for the improvement I heard over the Aten, and the damped/closed port looks like it would solve my issue. I too love the Sony sound, too bad they didn’t get the price/power/performance ratio right on their latest launches. The DX220 would also be my dream choice, with that sweet BT receiver functionality, it’s just the best DAP I’ve heard south of the über-expensive Cayin N8, which is “transportable” like a Hugo, not something that fits in a pocket. The 220 is probably too bulky too though, so it’s a toss-up between DAPs like Shanling’s M6 (also bulky) and BT receivers. Too bad iBasso messed up the BT on the DX160.

Dec 31, 2019 at 9:15 AM Post #1,165 of 3,340
I have the rah but I notice you have some 64audio. How do they compare?
The only 64 audio IEM that the RAH reminds me of is the tia trio. The trio’s treble is slightly more detailed. The U18t is very different.

Dec 31, 2019 at 9:19 AM Post #1,166 of 3,340
I am in the same boat, as portable amplification is my main concern atm. I am tempted to get the Halcyon but that’s largely because I can't keep the Rah, still crave for the improvement I heard over the Aten, and the damped/closed port looks like it would solve my issue. I too love the Sony sound, too bad they didn’t get the price/power/performance ratio right on their latest launches. The DX220 would also be my dream choice, with that sweet BT receiver functionality, it’s just the best DAP I’ve heard south of the über-expensive Cayin N8, which is “transportable” like a Hugo, not something that fits in a pocket. The 220 is probably too bulky too though, so it’s a toss-up between DAPs like Shanling’s M6 (also bulky) and BT receivers. Too bad iBasso messed up the BT on the DX160.

I’m not familiar with DAP’s but the only spec that interests me and is the first deciding factor is the power rating. With that I find the Hiby R6 pro to fit the bill. What other DAP’s have at least 500mw?

Dec 31, 2019 at 9:19 AM Post #1,167 of 3,340
The only 64 audio IEM that the RAH reminds me of is the tia trio. The trio’s treble is slightly more detailed. The U18t is very different.
Thanks that's very useful. Whats your favourite iem?

Dec 31, 2019 at 9:41 AM Post #1,169 of 3,340
I’m not familiar with DAP’s but the only spec that interests me and is the first deciding factor is the power rating. With that I find the Hiby R6 pro to fit the bill. What other DAP’s have at least 500mw?

This is for you. The Yin Lu Mei A2. The single-ended is 4.2vrms (equivalent to the Hiby R6 Pro's balanced out). Then it's balanced-out is...... 8.4vrms!!!!

Android dap with Google Play store, using ak's Ak4497 flagship dac chip.

https://www.linsoul.com/collections/audio-players/products/yinlvmei-a2

.... But you will be a first adopter. I intend to buy it next month.

Last edited:
Dec 31, 2019 at 10:19 AM Post #1,170 of 3,340
Lucky for me i dont use BT. Tbh i can compromise on slow or UI, battery life ect for SQ. The only thing i would not compromise on is portability. Would never go over 300g or for silly shapes.
Cayin n6ii and dx220 also add customization via modding.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back