IMR RAH - Discussion / Impressions Thread
Dec 30, 2019 at 6:59 PM Post #1,126 of 3,340
Anyone tried blocking the open ports for their RAH? The leakage is terrible and cant really use it in the office :frowning2:

and with the release of PB and reopening RAH for purchase, RAH isnt as exclusive as he kept mentioning it as before.

I have not tried that no, the halcyon or red may be a better office choice.

I’m super happy some others may have the opportunity to purchase the Rah to be honest. Personally speaking, the exclusive part is a non factor in deciding to purchase any IMR IEM. If I take into account any exclusivity then I’m totally buying for the wrong reason.

Dec 30, 2019 at 7:05 PM Post #1,127 of 3,340
and with the release of PB and reopening RAH for purchase, RAH isnt as exclusive as he kept mentioning it as before.

Oh, I did not even notice that. I get that the PB is exclusive instead... but purchasing again to get that exclusive 'status' that was already promised? I have to admit it does feel nice owning a special one production run, but ofc I am happy for those who can aquire and enjoy it too.

Dec 30, 2019 at 7:07 PM Post #1,128 of 3,340
OMG such a beautiful tune! Thank you. I'm a huge Olafur fan and never heard this before. I come to this forum for (excellent) headfi advice. Other than IMR, this is the best thing I've discovered here! Thank you.

Melts my heart every time :) Its from the album Island Songs - Very nice website for the album -

Female singer is Nanna Bryndís Hilmarsdóttir from 'Of Monsters and Men'

Dec 30, 2019 at 7:13 PM Post #1,129 of 3,340
I just appreciate people who are honest with what they love and own it, even if they don’t like them.

Whilst mine are bass cannons and I’m not a basshead, a closet basshead apparently, you have to realise all that detail imaging and complex dexterity is still very much present in the presentation of electronic music with also the huge bass and are worthy being set up this way.
I also like bass - but . . . quality bass - one of the hardest things to actually find. Quality bass as well as a 'natural' lets say 'true to life' sound are not at all easy to find or indeed replicate in earphones
Anyway...lest I ramble..How does the following grab you ? - I think we can both very happily meet in a middle ground here: Especially around 8.00 onwards ! - Prepare for an eargasm!!

Dec 30, 2019 at 7:18 PM Post #1,131 of 3,340
I also like bass - but . . . quality bass - one of the hardest things to actually find. Quality bass as well as a 'natural' lets say 'true to life' sound are not at all easy to find or indeed replicate in earphones
Anyway...lest I ramble..How does the following grab you ? - I think we can both very happily meet in a middle ground here: Especially around 8.00 onwards ! - Prepare for an eargasm!!

You have great taste in music! Nils Frahm is another of my favourite current composers.

I'm so glad you pointed me at that Islands album by Olafur Arnalds - I've bought it thanks to you, this is superb also:

Last edited:
Dec 30, 2019 at 7:26 PM Post #1,132 of 3,340

We already had met in the middle Jon. We are both looking for the same experience with different realities and the Rah achieves it as you say already with such a wide variety of genres and tastes. The Rah are not wasted and are used to their full potential in every descriptor you use even though I’m only using a black lower nozzle with foam tips.

I will listen to this thank you

Dec 30, 2019 at 7:31 PM Post #1,133 of 3,340
You have great taste in music! Nils Frahm is another of my favourite current composers.
]
Do you also know Max Richter - Similar top Modern Classical composer

Check the low end @ 0.52 - On the Rhas, with the violins dancing around the soundstage - it is Godlike! :D
Listening to the bass lines of the Cellos at around 13.00 is pretty scary on the Rahs - Such energy! o_0 I quite like EDM but I cant help but be moved much more profoundly and deep in my heart by the type of bass that you find here in this album (as a good example)

Last edited:
Dec 30, 2019 at 7:34 PM Post #1,134 of 3,340

Check the low end @ 0.48 - On the Rhas, with the violins dancing around the soundstage - it is Godlike! :D

I was just thinking about this before you posted this. But mine was from here.

Unsure if this means anything to you but it always sounds intriguing to me.

Q. What is Early Music performance, or historical performance?
A. We play on instruments from the time of the composers, and we use the original music and playing techniques: it’s a special sound.

Q. Why are there no conductors?
A. Conductors weren’t invented until the 19th century; since we seek to recreate a historical performance, the music is led from the keyboard or violin, or the music is played as chamber music~or both :)

Q. What are period instruments or original instruments; how are they different from modern instruments?
A. As instruments became modernized in the 19th century, builders and players tended to focus on the volume of sound and the stability of tuning. Modern steel strings replaced the older materials, and instruments were often machine made. Historical instruments, built individually by hand and with overall lighter construction, have extremely complex overtones—which we find delightful. Modern instruments are of course perfectly suited to more modern music.

Q. Why is the pitch lower, or higher?
A. Early Music performance uses many different pitches, and these pitches create different tone colors on the instruments.

Last edited:
Dec 30, 2019 at 7:41 PM Post #1,135 of 3,340
Holy cra.....
That is an extraordinary playing of Winter!!

images_maninchair.jpg

Last edited:
Dec 30, 2019 at 7:44 PM Post #1,136 of 3,340
Holy cra.....

Have you read what I added in the winter post. About the instruments are from the period and complex overtones etc. Probably goes a way to why it’s different but I stumbled upon this channel and I’m not a huge classical fan as such that I don’t know the differences of this and others but I do know it blows my mind anytime I listen to it.

Last edited:
Dec 30, 2019 at 7:50 PM Post #1,137 of 3,340

Check the low end @ 0.52 - On the Rhas, with the violins dancing around the soundstage - it is Godlike! :D
Listening to the bass lines of the Cellos at around 13.00 is pretty scary on the Rahs - Such energy! o_0 I quite like EDM but I cant help but be moved much more profoundly and deep in my heart by the type of bass that you find here in this album (as a good example)

Interesting. I usually don't like Classical music and until now I did not bother listening to it on the RAH. But God damn there is so much emotion in this piece and it sounds absolutely brilliant with these IEM's. A real joy to listen to, especially at such a late hour. Didn't even notice how time went by haha.

Last edited:
Dec 30, 2019 at 7:52 PM Post #1,138 of 3,340
@holsen yeeeaaaaaaah finally and another initial out of the box winner. So are you retiring or purchasing the next.
Hmm? Uh, Both? Let's see .... This year I've already retired (sold off) the SE535, SE846, oBravo Cupid (the lowly P1s even beat them out), R1 Zeniths, Shockwave 3, and Tin T3s. I think with these RAHs, the P1s and Xelentos will be for sale, Probably also the Noble M3s. My Itsfit Fusions just landed in Canada, so with New Years I expect to havee my hands on them next week. Both Fusions and M3s have a magnetostactic driver in them, and I fully expect the Fusions to dethrone the M3s - but - the M3s are extremely comfortable and travel friendly (they sit flush in ear - isolate well, and sound great) making them perfect for air travel which I do alot of. The Xelentos have been my Travel Companions but the M3s could take over that job. I'm just as excited for the Fusions as I have been for the the RAHs. So, long story short, I'll be retiring a few and acquiring at least one more. I've got a pretty strict 1 in 1 out policy which I've violated in recent months. Oh, this hobby, um, I mean obsession.

Dec 30, 2019 at 7:55 PM Post #1,139 of 3,340
Have you read what I added in the winter post. About the instruments are from the period and complex overtones etc. Probably goes a way to why it’s different but I stumbled upon this channel and I’m not a huge classical fan as such that I don’t know the differences of this and others but I do know it blows my mind anytime I listen to it.

I did indeed read that - VERY impressive
The last time I was excited by a new classical find was by 'Cafe Zimmermann' - They do a similar thing but the quality of the playing and recording is outstanding
Im also not that into classical but Vivaldi and Bach just do it for me (although admittedly maybe because I took some purple Ohm acid trips back in the day whilst cycling through an Autumnal
forest listening to the Brandenburg Concertos for the first time ever...?)

Final post (but yeah, Bach and Vivaldi sound eargasmic on the Rahs!!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back