IMR RAH - Discussion / Impressions Thread
Dec 30, 2019 at 5:45 PM Post #1,111 of 3,340
But she's got new IEMs with a slightly tweaked bass response and a bigger selection of filters!
I know bob means business with his stuff, heck! I’m actually looking crunching numbers for getting this one as well cause I know the dude is amazing and good
At what he does. But please not at the end of the year :frowning2:

Dec 30, 2019 at 5:54 PM Post #1,112 of 3,340
I still can't believe I only paid about $350 for the RAH.
These are easily becoming my favorite IEMs, even though I have some that are much more $$.
LOL, even my cables are more expensive :)

I'm not even sure i'll pull out the LCDi4 anytime soon.

Dec 30, 2019 at 6:08 PM Post #1,113 of 3,340
I love mine, got em for a couple of months

I actually tend to ignore that dude and almost any reviewer, though I found a bunch of fellas with similar taste as mine and I do turn to headphones that they pin point, I’m
Actually glad that he’s doing a review for
The spring1, that is one of the most underrated headphones in the market, those are a pair that I’ve been recommending since day 1 I got em... still I don’t agree with his attitude and I find his taste soundsignatures quite ear piercing
Yeah I agree his attitude can drink at times but I like his reviews for the most part, would probably agree his preferred sound signature is a bit bright.

Do you have the Isines? How do the balance sound in comparison?

Dec 30, 2019 at 6:09 PM Post #1,114 of 3,340
Would anybody have any music to share but on YouTube.

‘I’m feeling lucky’ for a rabbit hole to go down into. What to you makes your minds ears sing? First to share wins a free listen to this which is a completely different piece of musical experience listened on the Rah and Zenith.

I’m just going to leave this here :)

Last edited:
Dec 30, 2019 at 6:10 PM Post #1,115 of 3,340
I still can't believe I only paid about $350 for the RAH.
These are easily becoming my favorite IEMs, even though I have some that are much more $$.
LOL, even my cables are more expensive :)

I'm not even sure i'll pull out the LCDi4 anytime soon.

I've owned 3 pairs this year that were way more expensive and sold them all (andromeda, noble k10 & EE zeus). Its hard to compare back to headphones you no longer own but I know I didnt like them as much as these. 2 were instant no's and the other I liked but wasn't worth 1k over what I had.

Each time I've bought an IMR I've thought they were a bargain & as they've got better they've been bigger bargains.

So I ordered the PBOne. £260 for a Rah whether it turns out better or not is too good to pass on.

Dec 30, 2019 at 6:13 PM Post #1,117 of 3,340
:)
Here is a few test tracks I use - Actually more the tracks I tend to go first too:
The tonality of the drums on Country Fair are what can make an ordinary or a great IEM

Last edited:
Dec 30, 2019 at 6:22 PM Post #1,118 of 3,340
I've owned 3 pairs this year that were way more expensive and sold them all (andromeda, noble k10 & EE zeus). Its hard to compare back to headphones you no longer own but I know I didnt like them as much as these. 2 were instant no's and the other I liked but wasn't worth 1k over what I had.

Each time I've bought an IMR I've thought they were a bargain & as they've got better they've been bigger bargains.

So I ordered the PBOne. £260 for a Rah whether it turns out better or not is too good to pass on.
Crazy hobby it is...
The RAH has gotten me to question my prior purchases that were anywhere from 4-6x more expensive.
I should probably order the PB One RAH.

Dec 30, 2019 at 6:35 PM Post #1,119 of 3,340
RAHs are in the house! Finally got them and all I can say is holy cow, these are amazing! Out of the box with Black / Black and the stock silicone, I was pretty blown away... I moved over to Black / Red with foams and my my my... Wow. Deep lush & expansive bass moving into those buttery Smooth mids and all that deliciousness of clarity, detail and sparkly resolution up top with nothing crowding anything else out. But you already knew that. I too have dropped a small fortune on various IEMS this past year in particular but these are far more than I was hoping for. They are everything I loved about the Zeniths with even more detail in the bass with all the harshness and metallicness removed. I wouldn't call myself a bass head, but if the black lowers produce a slam like that with all that texture and detail then perhaps I am. I was pretty convinced I would never sell my P1s (which IMO blow the CL2s away) because of the detail and clarity they produce but with the RAHs Bob has done it. The Planar in there does everything I was hoping for and that massive DD + Piezo back fill and round it all out. I know they change and morph with a few more hours but I think I'm in love.

Dec 30, 2019 at 6:47 PM Post #1,122 of 3,340
@jon parker thanks for the inspiration. My rah are seriously not set up for all your suggestions lol. Everything is set as full attack and these are all super laid back.
:D You can probably appreciate why i run with the pink/gold now! I hope no-one takes this the wrong way but...I think its a shame to just use the Rah's as bass cannons (Bit like using top of the range Mercedes to just take the kids on the school run!) in the sense that they really can offer something very very special with 'real' music such as with the youtube vids I posted. The way they handle complexity with dexterity, amazing imaging etc etc is a delight to the seasoned Audiophile ear
Have to say thought that the fact they can offer satisfaction to what are totally different musical needs and wishes is a real testament to Bob, to what he has achieved here.
So great to hear everyone here loving them

Dec 30, 2019 at 6:52 PM Post #1,123 of 3,340
Anyone tried blocking the open ports for their RAH? The leakage is terrible and cant really use it in the office :frowning2:

and with the release of PB and reopening RAH for purchase, RAH isnt as exclusive as he kept mentioning it as before.

Dec 30, 2019 at 6:56 PM Post #1,124 of 3,340
:D You can probably appreciate why i run with the pink/gold now! I hope no-one takes this the wrong way but...I think its a shame to just use the Rah's as bass cannons (Bit like using top of the range Mercedes to just take the kids on the school run!) in the sense that they really can offer something very very special with 'real' music such as with the youtube vids I posted. The way they handle complexity with dexterity, amazing imaging etc etc is a delight to the seasoned Audiophile ear
Have to say thought that the fact they can offer satisfaction to what are totally different musical needs and wishes is a real testament to Bob, to what he has achieved here.
So great to hear everyone here loving them

I just appreciate people who are honest with what they love and own it, even if they don’t like them.

Whilst mine are bass cannons and I’m not a basshead, a closet basshead apparently, you have to realise all that detail imaging and complex dexterity is still very much present in the presentation of electronic music with also the huge bass and are worthy being set up this way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back