IMR RAH - Discussion / Impressions Thread
Dec 30, 2019 at 10:12 AM Post #1,081 of 3,340
I dont think many of us here spend money wisely when it comes to audio gear.

I know what you mean about choosing one. The minute he announced r3 line up i swore i will go for Semper.
But now after Bob explained what hes trying to do with Phase. I actually think that they might be quite underrated.

Lol but but but you hit the nail squarely on the head. My choice was made, semper and phase. Now there are 3 more in the mix black Rah, so will there be a black halcyon, black phase and black Semper.

I think we need the details of the next 5 year release plan lol.

Dec 30, 2019 at 11:30 AM Post #1,086 of 3,340
If you will forgive a quick but related sidestep...
https://imracoustics.com/products/imr-r2-red

My IMR R2 Red arrived today. (Just missed the post before xmas ):
VERY interesting comparing it to the Rah's! Just a single driver tuned for the Aten [Closed] Chassis o_0

('The R2 Red offers a isolated version of the R2 Aten chassis with a new 13.5mm Aten driver designed to work exclusively with the closed design')

As Bob says on FB:

" It is very reminiscent of the Aten but it is quite different. The bass is faster and less full due to the nature of the design .
There is less stage than the Aten also. It’s a great iem but the Aten is tough to beat.
I would say it sits above the zenith but below the Aten "

Anyway, OOTB, LOVING them. Quite different to the RAH's - Imagine having a great night out (The Rahs's) then coming back home and enjoying your Top Of The Line Vintage Tube amp system - This is how the R2 RED's sounds. Relaxed, smooth, warm, luscious

Vocals are much more the star of the show than the RAH's - (which give you everything!) Vocals on the R2 seem to be louder and more the focus being more up front in the middle ground, but much more chocolatey smooth than the RAHS's vocals

Interestingly the sound-stage supports the vocals rather than being very wide as with with the RHA's BUT whenever the music itself has a wide sound-stage the R2's will suddenly through stuff out far and wide
The low end is lovely - as described above. It can growl like a Lion!
They are going to be an absolute classic IEM after burn in. Perfect companion to the Rah's and ideal for out and about being closed back and relatively thin (which is one the reasons I wanted them)
Over all, they are a more relaxed easy listen than the Rah's but still displaying the same qualities all be it a more, chocolatey, tube sound...a warm bath at the end of a hard day. They are luscious
:)

Last edited:
Dec 30, 2019 at 11:49 AM Post #1,088 of 3,340
I know this thread is the Rah thread but does anybody believe it should be the all things IMR thread.

My vote is YES
Its difficult in some ways to discuss a single IEM's specific qualities without comparing it to other IEMs..we are lucky to have other IMR's in this sense!

Dec 30, 2019 at 12:00 PM Post #1,089 of 3,340
Matching connectors to the RAH

Satin Audio Athena cable :ok_hand:

z0PrLBS.jpg

Dec 30, 2019 at 12:02 PM Post #1,090 of 3,340
Its difficult in some ways to discuss a single IEM's specific qualities without comparing it to other IEMs..we are lucky to have other IMR's in this sense!

Yes we are and on paper specs they mostly read the same yet the reality is super different and uncannily the same.

I’m happy we all agree case closed thread open for business
:):):):)

Having the Zenith or Aten or red are a must I believe for the size to audio output ratio. These special builds are seriously chunky for my ears. I can’t begin to fathom what a semper will be like size wise.

The red I never bought as I have Aten in that style and my Zenith are closed back fast hammers but also quite grimy filth.

Dec 30, 2019 at 1:16 PM Post #1,094 of 3,340
Does anyone know what PB One on the IMR website is? Says private build, but not sure what that means.
If you're an existing IMR customer check your email, Bob just sent a message about them. Black RAH with Larger Planar limited to 50 units and only for existing customers.
The ONE spec is as follows
  • Triple hybrid driver configuration consisting of bespoke 15mm Aten driver featuring uprated Neodymium motors with beryllium composite diaphragm + high resolution Piezo ceramic driver + 12mm Planar magnetic driver
  • 8 acoustic audio nozzles + 6 acoustic dampers
  • 2 Pin detachable cable (3.5mm and 2.5mm balanced)
  • Impedance: 32 Ohm
  • Sensitivity: 103 +/- 3DB
  • Frequency response: 8- 52000Hz
  • 24ct Gold plated 3.5mm Jack
  • 1.4M length OFC cable
  • Semi hard carry Case
  • 6.5mm Adapter
  • Hard pocket case
  • Huge selection of ear tips for the perfect fit
  • Target ship date is mid March 2020

Dec 30, 2019 at 1:55 PM Post #1,095 of 3,340
Hmm there's a lot to take in today. Having to pay for the Halcyon early does change things a bit for me.

Also the PBOne looks like a better but cheaper version of the Rah. Larger Planar and fully closed. If it would fix the only issue with the Rah I have - the sound leakage - would be more practical than the Rah. What am I missing here?

Will there be a PB version of the Halcyon I wonder?

Edit: Just seen the pics of the PBOne on the IMR site. It looks like a cross between the Rah & the Aten Red. It still has the vent on bottom same as the Rah which is the source of the leakage I think.

Hmm what to do. I don't need the Rah, Halcyon and PBOne that is for sure. Tempted to return or sell the Rah and get the PBOne but I absolutely love the Rah. Decisions.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back