IMR RAH - Discussion / Impressions Thread
Dec 30, 2019 at 8:24 AM Post #1,066 of 3,340
Soooo... these arrived today..oh Boy !
Unfortunately, I have to go out for lunch now :/ :)

IMG-1186.JPG

Dec 30, 2019 at 8:28 AM Post #1,067 of 3,340
So what is officially the best bass head set up on the rah?

Dec 30, 2019 at 8:36 AM Post #1,070 of 3,340
I'm a black/blue fan. These also take EQ very well - cranked up the Mach3Bass on my Cowon and I swear my head started vibrating. :wink:

Dec 30, 2019 at 9:04 AM Post #1,072 of 3,340
So what is officially the best bass head set up on the rah?
If you have r1 or zenith, try their black filter its even punchier then blue bass on rah but less controlled and for me personally messes up higher frs.

Also what you can do is use less bright nozzles. This will let you pump volume up more pronouncing that bass and mids without being fatiguing and tiresome.

I use red nozzle personally. An it feels like mids and treble is where it should be. With bass being pronounced without bleeding into midrange as much.

Mind you i am into electronic music and it can get bright regardless of gear. So might not work for accoustic or other genres.Though i listened to some DSD accoustic songs, and i would stay with the same set up just because planar mids shine with it.

Dec 30, 2019 at 9:11 AM Post #1,073 of 3,340
Well now I’m utterly confused to be honest.

Each year has 3 special builds limited to 100 per build.

Each year has 3 private builds limited to 50 per build.

Slow growth is desired but the model output has doubled.

On the plus side black finally lol.

Dec 30, 2019 at 9:22 AM Post #1,074 of 3,340
Well now I’m utterly confused to be honest.

Each year has 3 special builds limited to 100 per build.

Each year has 3 private builds limited to 50 per build.

Slow growth is desired but the model output has doubled.

On the plus side black finally lol.
I am actually absolutely with him.
From business perspective i dont think growing too fast will benefit anyone in the long run. Specially if he's to keep prices relatively low.
We need to remember that this industry is niche and even then, its like Bob said, bloated to abyss.

Dec 30, 2019 at 9:27 AM Post #1,075 of 3,340
I am actually absolutely with him.
From business perspective i dont think growing too fast will benefit anyone in the long run. Specially if he's to keep prices relatively low.
We need to remember that this industry is niche and even then, its like Bob said, bloated to abyss.

Well to be clear I agree too and I am on his side in agreement. That is my cause for confusion though, going slow is not doubling the model output. My interpretation is 6 new models per year plus any other basic entry level type models.

Dec 30, 2019 at 9:39 AM Post #1,076 of 3,340
I know I probably do not always come across as intended and sometimes I need a filter on my thoughts but all I know is I’m very passionate about audio and products which I love.

So Bob, thank you for creating exciting products which are the style and sound I’ve been looking for and are not run of the mill same rinse and repeat. I look forwards to purchasing something new in 2020. Have a great 2020 !!! :)

Dec 30, 2019 at 9:40 AM Post #1,077 of 3,340
Well to be clear I agree too and I am on his side in agreement. That is my cause for confusion though, going slow is not doubling the model output. My interpretation is 6 new models per year plus any other basic entry level type models.
I think what he does with more models is trying to cater for dirrerent customer requirements. Some will want to get someting better then Rah. Some will want something affordable.
And i am pretty sure he adjusts quantities judging from past releases.

He is not investing in advertising, at least i never saw it. in fact i think his main advertising come from here, helping him keep the costs down.
But at the same time he will not get that interest from mainstream public.

Dec 30, 2019 at 9:52 AM Post #1,078 of 3,340
I can also be honest, I’m actually very frustrated there is potentially 6 new models, IMR house sound actually suits me so well I wish to genuinely own them all because each one sounds on paper super genuinely interesting and I can’t own them all and if I had to choose just one, which one?? It’s infuriatingly frustrating lol. It’s not even a fear of missing out either, it’s a did I spend my money wisely on just one maybe two models even though I should like them all so it’s irrelevant.

Dec 30, 2019 at 10:07 AM Post #1,079 of 3,340
I can also be honest, I’m actually very frustrated there is potentially 6 new models, IMR house sound actually suits me so well I wish to genuinely own them all because each one sounds on paper super genuinely interesting and I can’t own them all and if I had to choose just one, which one?? It’s infuriatingly frustrating lol. It’s not even a fear of missing out either, it’s a did I spend my money wisely on just one maybe two models even though I should like them all so it’s irrelevant.
I dont think many of us here spend money wisely when it comes to audio gear.

I know what you mean about choosing one. The minute he announced r3 line up i swore i will go for Semper.
But now after Bob explained what hes trying to do with Phase. I actually think that they might be quite underrated.

Dec 30, 2019 at 10:11 AM Post #1,080 of 3,340
I imagine the Phase will be easy to drive compared to the other models.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back