IMR RAH - Discussion / Impressions Thread
Sep 13, 2019 at 3:54 PM Post #46 of 3,340
I can't wait for these to arrive. I love the zenith.

Sep 13, 2019 at 5:54 PM Post #48 of 3,340
Right after few days it shows something like "91% of pre order target met as of 3rd September 2019". That counter was updated DAILY until that date... then nothing was shown until the end of the presales.
So the numbers in the email don't make any sense at all to me (or the counter was wrong -> but in this case, why you don't just put some automated counter like the one on the pre-"pre-sale" page?)

Sep 13, 2019 at 7:21 PM Post #49 of 3,340
Right after few days it shows something like "91% of pre order target met as of 3rd September 2019". That counter was updated DAILY until that date... then nothing was shown until the end of the presales.
So the numbers in the email don't make any sense at all to me (or the counter was wrong -> but in this case, why you don't just put some automated counter like the one on the pre-"pre-sale" page?)
Just curious... This matters why?

Sep 14, 2019 at 10:46 AM Post #50 of 3,340
I really don't understand Bob's business philosophy with this IEM. If I read right, this is a "one and done" production. So, come November or December when people start getting these, and assuming they turn out to be wonderful, the only way to get it will be used because they will "never" be made again. Why not leave open the possibility for future production runs? Am I missing something?

Sep 14, 2019 at 11:03 AM Post #51 of 3,340
I really don't understand Bob's business philosophy with this IEM. If I read right, this is a "one and done" production. So, come November or December when people start getting these, and assuming they turn out to be wonderful, the only way to get it will be used because they will "never" be made again. Why not leave open the possibility for future production runs? Am I missing something?

It's the same "business philosophy" behind the fake prices that are always discounted and behind the ever stretching deadline for limited purchases.

Sep 14, 2019 at 11:26 AM Post #52 of 3,340
Just curious... This matters why?

just few posts before mine they were discussing about further discounts due to the reach of 100% pre-sale target... and this was just my consideration

Sep 14, 2019 at 12:05 PM Post #53 of 3,340
just few posts before mine they were discussing about further discounts due to the reach of 100% pre-sale target... and this was just my consideration
If you received his email he indicated that the final orders were pretty far from the target to hit the discount (over a hundred short, if I believe). My point is whatever method employed on the website to count is sort of irrelevant. Anyway, not a big deal, I just was curious, not trying to start a debate.

Sep 14, 2019 at 12:08 PM Post #54 of 3,340

Bob is easily reached on Facebook Messenger through IMR’s Facebook page - it has been my experience that he usually will respond in a few hours. Why not just ask him directly, and if you get an interesting answer share it here? Simply speculating here is a bit pointless, you have to admit...

Sep 14, 2019 at 12:43 PM Post #55 of 3,340
Bob is easily reached on Facebook Messenger through IMR’s Facebook page - it has been my experience that he usually will respond in a few hours. Why not just ask him directly, and if you get an interesting answer share it here? Simply speculating here is a bit pointless, you have to admit...
Well, in the back of my mind I was thinking someone might have already done that :rolling_eyes:

Sep 14, 2019 at 12:49 PM Post #56 of 3,340
Well, in the back of my mind I was thinking someone might have already done that :rolling_eyes:
Well then let’s hope Bob responds and that response is shared here.

In the end, though, I am at most only mildly curious. He can make as many Rahs, or as few, as he wants. It is his choice, based on his own personal criteria, and has no effect on me at all.

Sep 14, 2019 at 1:06 PM Post #57 of 3,340
If Bob's track record of releasing IEMs is any indication, he would probably just move onto newer IEMs. How many of his old IEMs can you really still buy from both companies that he was part of? Bob will probably just end up making new IEMs or CIEMs following the Rah release. It's exciting that majority of his new products are always a movement towards audiophile heaven.

Yes his advertising techniques includes the use of exclusivity, timed offers, discounts, amongst other methods to raise hype. But which company doesn't really do this? If it was my company and I really had a passion for developing IEMs, I would do the same and just continue to innovate the field by means of filters, drivers, crossovers, and shell designs.

Sep 14, 2019 at 1:15 PM Post #58 of 3,340
If Bob's track record of releasing IEMs is any indication, he would probably just move onto newer IEMs. How many of his old IEMs can you really still buy from both companies that he was part of? Bob will probably just end up making new IEMs or CIEMs following the Rah release. It's exciting that majority of his new products are always a movement towards audiophile heaven.

Yes his advertising techniques includes the use of exclusivity, timed offers, discounts, amongst other methods to raise hype. But which company doesn't really do this? If it was my company and I really had a passion for developing IEMs, I would do the same and just continue to innovate the field by means of filters, drivers, crossovers, and shell designs.
+++++++1

Sep 14, 2019 at 2:06 PM Post #59 of 3,340
I'm just sitting here patiently waiting for the Rah.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back