IMR RAH - Discussion / Impressions Thread
Sep 7, 2019 at 7:03 PM Post #16 of 3,340
I bought my Zeniths blindly, paid for them in advance, and when there was a problem with the inverted phase I got a brand new pair, no questions asked. Same thing with the R2: preordered, paid (with a huge loyalty discount), got a defective cable, didn't even have to report it as Bob read my post about it and immediately sent me a new cable, free of any charge. If this guy is a scammer, well, I'd like to be scammed again with the Rah!

Sep 8, 2019 at 2:53 AM Post #18 of 3,340
I've pre ordered one this morning. I love the zenith so this was a no brainer for me especially with the discount

Sep 8, 2019 at 7:00 AM Post #19 of 3,340
Watching this space as previously had to read both R1 and R2 threads for any discussions on RAH's

An exercise in patience required now

Great! Finally a place for anxiety support therapy while waiting for my Rah!
:laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:

Last edited:
Sep 8, 2019 at 7:25 AM Post #20 of 3,340
Watching this space as previously had to read both R1 and R2 threads for any discussions on RAH's

An exercise in patience required now

:laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:

I am sure that the wait will deserve every second... from there only something good can come out :slight_smile:

Sep 9, 2019 at 12:59 AM Post #21 of 3,340
I am sure that the wait will deserve every second... from there only something good can come out :slight_smile:

Absolutely, I think myself and alot of other headfiers have followed Bob for a long time. If we can attest to one thing, it is the evolution of his sound. Not long ago were multiple BAs/Hybrids the rave of the iem industry, which subsequently now has evolved far greater leaps in driver technology. I can say that following through his product line majority of the time showed clear improvements that eventually started fuzzing the line between overears and IEM's. That moment felt wonderful, it was a breath of satisfaction that the IEM field had come so far, allowing you to hear sounds as vividly as some loudspeakers setups held in my heart.

So I think it's safe to say that even though I don't have this product in my hands that I believe I'm going to be in good hands. I would not hesitate to recommend this to anyone if they have a love for music and sound and it would probably be fully worth the price tag. The R1 Zenith and R2's really hit it home for me in terms of blurring the line between some midclass over-ears/on-ears that are already out punching their class.

To the friends and future owners of Rah. I think we're in for a wild ride.

Last edited:
Sep 9, 2019 at 5:16 AM Post #23 of 3,340
Just to let anyone who was not following or just joined, midnight tonight is the deadline for Rah order! No more will be sold after today.

That's right, and then the production will begin... hopefully the deadlines are met, it will be a good gift for Christmas :santa:

Sep 10, 2019 at 9:43 AM Post #27 of 3,340
Good news is that there seems to be a gear up for production though :)

Sep 10, 2019 at 11:47 AM Post #28 of 3,340
Bob always leaves a little leeway for latecomers. Same for sale events. I got in late on the R2, after June 14th, and am I glad I did.

The more I listen to the R2, the more I think not only are they what I expected the Zenith would be, they are also what I hoped the Rah would be. Detail on this is crazy already. I was listening to Perera Elsewhere's hypnotizing "Giddy" on Tidal via UAPP out of my V30; boy the texture of percussion and background detail are so good, if you'd told me "yep, there's a planar driver in there" I would have totally believed it. I have listened to Audeze headphones.

Topping that is a tall order, and at this point I'm half hoping for that, half thinking hey, if it's just another take on the IMR sound I'll probably be happy. Flatter in the bass, more mid-centric out of the box maybe? Whatever, I'm curious to audition them but I'm so happy with the Aten I don't mind waiting, and won't be sad if the Rah are less suited to my taste.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back