IMR - R1 Thread
Apr 8, 2018 at 3:17 PM Post #256 of 3,190
Thanks. There seems to be many different versions of the .78 two pin connectors. The ones works perfectly on my A8 will not fit in the R1. The plastic part next to the pins are too thick to go in R1’s socket. Probably i’ll Take a file to file off a bit on the plastic part of my Norne cable.
Always hurts to mess up a cable, keep it beautiful! The version I ordered was the Eidolic 2-pin ciem - peek premier TeCu.

Last edited:
Apr 8, 2018 at 4:47 PM Post #257 of 3,190
Always hurts to mess up a cable, keep it beautiful! The version I ordered was the Eidolic 2-pin ciem - peek premier TeCu.
Totally agree. I’m waiting for my custom Aethers to arrive tomorrow and see if the Therium will fit in the recessed sockets of the Aethers. If they do, i’ll probably order a new cable from Trevor and hopefully he will help me figure out which 2pin connectors to use to fit the R1.

Apr 8, 2018 at 5:00 PM Post #258 of 3,190
Totally agree. I’m waiting for my custom Aethers to arrive tomorrow and see if the Therium will fit in the recessed sockets of the Aethers. If they do, i’ll probably order a new cable from Trevor and hopefully he will help me figure out which 2pin connectors to use to fit the R1.
I told I needed a cable to fit my asg2.5/2.0's and the above is what was suggested. Tell me how that Therium cable sounds, I am thinking of ordering one myself!

Apr 8, 2018 at 8:40 PM Post #259 of 3,190
I told I needed a cable to fit my asg2.5/2.0's and the above is what was suggested. Tell me how that Therium cable sounds, I am thinking of ordering one myself!

I love the Therium! It makes the bass tighter and deeper and extends the treble with overall sound clear and smooth. It turns the 2.5s into an iem close to a totl performer. It’s the first cable that made me believe cables can really make a difference in the sound of iems. It’s also very soft and pliable.

Apr 9, 2018 at 2:39 PM Post #263 of 3,190
I joined the discussion on Massdrop and told them what I thought of the R1's and commented on Bob's customer service, delivery time and the sound of the iems.

I think we should all go and put in our two cents on Massdrop. Those guys are misinformed haters. Let's try and do our part to support Bob!

Apr 9, 2018 at 6:06 PM Post #270 of 3,190
It’s a car crash of a discussion over at Massdrop. Social media can be scary sometimes - people really are sheep or lemmings it seems.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back