IMR - R1 Thread
Sep 25, 2018 at 5:24 PM Post #1,232 of 3,190
Totally agree with the earlier post that tip rolling has had a bigger impact that changing wires - that’s been my experience too. Spiral dots seem to be the one most people have settled on, including me. The R1 is now sold out on the website too!

Sep 26, 2018 at 4:25 PM Post #1,233 of 3,190
I’ve had about a week with these and I am in love with them. I sold off all of my mobile/gaming headphones with the intention of buying an Audeze Mobius but after finding a great buy on a pair of R1’s I snapped them up and I can’t take them out of my ears.
I’m using the pink filters right now but I keep going between blue/pink/copper and I love them all. I tried a set of Comply TS-500 but they killed the high end too much, Spinfit CP-240 but I can’t get a decent seal, so I’m using stock silicons until my Symbio W’s show up.
I had a FiiO uBTR but it couldn’t hack it (sounded great in and of itself but going back and forth with my Teac HA-P50, I could the tell the FiiO was leaving some quality on the table) so I ordered an es100. It showed up today and wow, this is a serious little piece of kit and makes the R1s sing. I’ve got a cable on the way that I ordered that I’m probably going to convert to balanced once it gets here.

Sep 26, 2018 at 4:56 PM Post #1,235 of 3,190
I really like the thin silver cable

733977FA-8480-4035-8399-D35DA568BC68.jpeg

Sep 26, 2018 at 5:40 PM Post #1,238 of 3,190
Which symbio tips are the best for the imr? Normal bore or wide bore? I think about to order some but i don't which one.
Wide bore for me like @Blotto80 - perfect fit. Someone else in the thread is using the normal bore though, and also reports they fit fine. Maybe get the wide bore if you have large ear canals, I believe a larger base in addition to a larger tip size gives max seal.

Sep 27, 2018 at 11:45 AM Post #1,239 of 3,190
Which symbio tips are the best for the imr? Normal bore or wide bore? I think about to order some but i don't which one.
I asked Bob at IMR. He said definitely Wide Bore. I have mine now and I'm using the large size tips. Good comfort, no issues so far and isolation is better than the IMR supplied foam tips.
Happy days

Sep 27, 2018 at 3:59 PM Post #1,240 of 3,190
Hi everybody!
purchased a balanced 2.5 cable for IMR R1. tell me please how to connect properly the cable to the shells, without violating the polarity? I mean - where are "+" and "-" at the standard cable?
thank you in advance!

Sep 27, 2018 at 6:38 PM Post #1,243 of 3,190
3RLfe2A.jpg

I tried both Symbio N and Symbio W. For me Symbio W is better sound-wise.

Sep 27, 2018 at 9:57 PM Post #1,245 of 3,190
Hi everybody!
purchased a balanced 2.5 cable for IMR R1. tell me please how to connect properly the cable to the shells, without violating the polarity? I mean - where are "+" and "-" at the standard cable?
thank you in advance!

Thanks for this just realised I had my wrong, the bass level with the pinks is now crazy.

I've had mine a few weeks now and during that time have purchased an es100, spiral dots and a balanced cable. I can finally get a good consistent fit with the dots and growing more attached to the R1s everyday, i now need to fiddle more with the filters.

I do have this this growing itch to try out the CA Andros, does anyone own them and the R1s?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back