IMR - R1 Thread
Apr 17, 2019 at 8:07 AM Post #2,627 of 3,190
The Nicehck cable is pretty decent, cheap and more comfortable than the stock cable.

MVIMG_20190417_125643.jpg

Apr 17, 2019 at 8:37 AM Post #2,628 of 3,190
I just received my NICEHCK 8 core cable as well and i have to say i am really impressed by the quality of it, considering its price (For me about 6€ on sale).
Sound seems to stay the same, first i felt like it got a little more wide and clear, but that's the excitement of trying new things, i guess :ksc75smile:
Anyways, they are some really nice looking cables, especially with the R1 Zenith, and improved the fit a lot!
20190417_141830.jpg20190417_142840.jpg

Last edited:
Apr 17, 2019 at 9:44 AM Post #2,629 of 3,190
Just got an email from Bob, sure you all did too. Here it is:

Dear Customers,

It's been over a week now and thought it time to send you some updates and news.

First of all let me start with the R2 Aten. The pre order has been an amazing success, thank you. I now have just 94 build slots left which is truly astounding and expect the final slots to be gone within the next 2-3 weeks at the current rate.

As you know there are some changes for this new model including an all new filter system. The new system is a two part system with different nozzle stems with various size ports for bass adjustment and the nozzle ends will have 5 different dampers to adjust treble and midrange along with a non damped nozzle end. This new system should allow you more freedom of choice and allow you to perfect your preferred sound signature.

In addition I am changing the packaging and ditching the cardboard box and all R2 Aten will come in their own Pelican style case.

I will be keeping you updated by emails and social media on the progress of the R2 Aten and remember you will not be charged until 2 weeks prior to shipping and I will try and give you at a minimum 7 days notice of that happening.

Moving on to other future products the Elan and Rah are in testing phase now and the results are looking very promising so far. I will update more later this year.

The R1 Zenith has almost reached its end this year as there are just over 230 units left out of the 1000 produced and only a handful of used R1 Zeniths left.

Lastly I have decided to make some different choices moving forward in regards to production of IMR products. First of all I have chosen to move as much production as possible in-house in order to control production allowing me to have a greater level of control over QC.

I have also chosen to reduce the quantity of each model made.

I absolutely love making new gear and trying to push the boundaries of what can be done with audio and I cannot do this if I have to spend as much time creating as I do marketing and so all future products will be limited to between 100 - 500 units per annual production run and will be dependant on complexity and time to build. This will mean I can focus more on creating exclusive products and serve you better as a customer, I guess you could say that IMR will become a boutique audio manufacturer from here on in.

One last thing, as the easter weekend approaches and many of you will have national holidays I will also be closed on Monday the 22nd but no doubt I will still be answering emails but no orders can ship that day.

As always I would like to thank you all who have made IMR possible and look forward to serving your audio needs.

Regards

Bob​

Last edited:
Apr 17, 2019 at 10:59 AM Post #2,630 of 3,190
Funny you should mention pelican style cases! :)

5D75D093-4520-48A4-9D65-86F1678FDEA1.jpeg

Apr 17, 2019 at 11:04 AM Post #2,632 of 3,190
Apr 18, 2019 at 12:08 PM Post #2,636 of 3,190
I asked Bob if the new filters for the R2 will be available for sale and/or if they'll fit the Zenith and R1. Also asked about the coupon code working on the Rah. This is his reply...

The filters should fit all models and I am just finalising them now.

I will be offering them but I will only stock small numbers until I see if there is a demand.

You can use your code on anything as this is my gift to customers in return for your support, Over the coming months this will be the ONLY code people can use and you can only have the code if your customer to begin with :)

Regards
Bob
Owner

Apr 18, 2019 at 12:40 PM Post #2,637 of 3,190
Curious if peoples expectations for the R2 are to be as good or better than the iSine line(LX, 10, 20) from Audeze and the Unique Melody Me.1. All being in the rare category of open back IEM's. Maybe some of you actually tried one or both of these:
poster-for-5717986234001-720x720.jpg

9989726.jpg

The Me.1 design I actually didn't mind, weird for sure, but not terrible. However the iSine line, at least the new LX(not pictured above) is just hideous. That on top of being design focused with iOS in mind with the built in DAC controller, really unfortunate for PC/Android users.

Last edited:
Apr 18, 2019 at 2:22 PM Post #2,640 of 3,190
How does the bass /sub-bass of the R1 Zenith compare with the iBasso IT01 or the Sony MDR XB90EX?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back