IMR - R1 Thread
Feb 8, 2019 at 11:33 PM Post #2,086 of 3,190
Two brothers, together at last.

ghtzfc.JPG

Feb 8, 2019 at 11:39 PM Post #2,087 of 3,190
Seems like there is a weird peek in treb thats hit or miss depending on the song, for reference I've been running through the filters on https://tidal.com/track/35464354 and you can hear it start at about 45 secs in and it drives me nuts. I don't hear it on my aeons that forward. Anyone else experiencing this?

Feb 9, 2019 at 2:47 AM Post #2,088 of 3,190
I received a Jiffy bag with just the left and right Zeniths without the filters installed and the 2.5mm silver cable.

Interesting choice of action. This means Bob is pretty certain that the problem laid in the unit itself and not the filters. Is it the port filter or phasing issue? Either way at least Bob will prevent some potential customers trying to resell the units. Despite that he said that he was going to send complete units with filters I kind of understand his choice of action. Oddly enough the Zeniths that I received seem to have filters of the same color with different metal screens.

I have a plastic container full of Trinity and IRM filters, so many, testament to my foolery

Yup and they certainly look cross compatible. With 3-4 TA products on deck before ones bound to have endless customization in terms of sound :D

Wow this is pretty impressive... Bob has come up with a plan and executed it already! I seriously wouldn't have been surprised if the wait for a BRAND NEW unit that is checked by him personally would be a couple weeks out. Very cool!

Cant wait to get my new unit to compare!

Great point, having these units being shipped out again so quickly suggests that the fix for the Zeniths were either minuscule or at the very least an easy fix.

Feb 9, 2019 at 3:28 AM Post #2,089 of 3,190
Can someone with a new unit compare with the first unit? Bob really hit the target?

Feb 9, 2019 at 6:40 AM Post #2,090 of 3,190
Can someone with a new unit compare with the first unit? Bob really hit the target?

Much better, doesn't have the strange treble, treble is now delicate and shimmery, vocals are airy, maybe a bit on the cold side. Mids are a bit recessed on some of the filters but oranges seem decent. Bass is too boomy on some filters, needs a bit of time to settle and maybe new filters. Staging is fixed and now not so picky with songs

Feb 9, 2019 at 7:31 AM Post #2,092 of 3,190
Much better, doesn't have the strange treble, treble is now delicate and shimmery, vocals are airy, maybe a bit on the cold side. Mids are a bit recessed on some of the filters but oranges seem decent. Bass is too boomy on some filters, needs a bit of time to settle and maybe new filters. Staging is fixed and now not so picky with songs
Was your first unit out of phase, fixed out of phase or correct when received when you made the comparison? Just curious.

Feb 9, 2019 at 10:29 AM Post #2,095 of 3,190
Out of phase I think.II swapped the pins of the right unit but wasn't fully fixed. Felt like slight channel imbalance.
That makes sense. The Zenith is really growing on me. I doubt that the replacement will sound better than the one I have now. I'll be very surprised (and happier) if it does.

Feb 9, 2019 at 10:59 AM Post #2,097 of 3,190
Feb 9, 2019 at 1:00 PM Post #2,098 of 3,190
Did you receive an e-mail announcing the shipping of the new unit?
I live in Europe, but not in the UK. Usually the shipping takes longer to arrive, but I don't have a track number or an e-mail with information about the new unit.

Feb 9, 2019 at 1:15 PM Post #2,099 of 3,190
I live in Europe, but not in the UK. Usually the shipping takes longer to arrive, but I don't have a track number or an e-mail with information about the new unit.

I asked Bob about this and hasn't replied yet. Hopefully, we will. I'll post the reply here.

Feb 9, 2019 at 1:16 PM Post #2,100 of 3,190
I ask Bob for a tracking number as well since i live outside UK, he said "They have been shipped. Everyone's has now left but there is too many to upload the details. They will arrive at the same speed as your zenith"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back