IMR - R1 Thread
Jan 27, 2019 at 11:00 PM Post #1,741 of 3,190
You can buy 2pin to mmcx adapters but they can be a bit pricey

Here's a cheaper one on aliexpress

£19.37 | 2Pin 0.78mm to MMCX Mini Earphone Cable Adapter
https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/5RD8g5L

Yeah, I initially did that. The problem with the adapters is that they make the connectors too long and wire doesn't stay behind your ear.
20181110_190207.jpg

Since the housing is easy to open, why not make it permanent and remove the 2 pin altogether? It just requires a little bit of rotatry tool work, some solder, and clear epoxy to fill the minor gap.
20181118_005948.jpg

I plan on doing the same to the Zenith
20181118_033310.jpg

20181118_022256.jpg

@MrDelicious then there will be the honeymoon phase where the IEM is the greatest thing since sliced bread. This will go on for a while until critical reviews start coming out that derail the hype train. Then, everyone will move on and repeat the process with something else new. Seen it many times on this forum.
Not saying this will happen with the Zenith though. Actually hope it turns out to be a top performer that will be recommended for months or years to come.

That's usually a very accurate assessment in most iems cases but I've never heard any complaints about the R1 besides driver flex. That's the brilliant thing about nozzle filters. Has the ability to appeal to everyones personal sound preferences.

Last edited:
Jan 28, 2019 at 4:00 AM Post #1,742 of 3,190
I got a card through the door Saturday stating package too large for letterbox. Getting redelivered on Tuesday. Will it be?

Could it be that you are waiting for something else? It is strange that you leave the package in your mailbox without a delivery signature.

On the other hand I do not see in my IMR Acoustic account anything related to the Zenith, only the order of the old R1 is.
If I want to see something about the Zenith I must go to the email and access through the link "order lookup"

Jan 28, 2019 at 5:20 AM Post #1,744 of 3,190
I'm still seeing "The system is currently unable to confirm the status of your item" on the Royal Mail site.

As far as I know, the sender can generate the tracking number in advance while sending a large number or parcels/packets through Royal mail UK. I guess all these tracking numbers were generated on last Friday and still to be collected from IMR by Royal mail.
If you are not able to see any update in regards to your tracking number by the closing of the business day today, then you should contact Bob.

Jan 28, 2019 at 2:18 PM Post #1,749 of 3,190
What DAP's are you guys using? I'm trying to line up a new one, mainly use TIDAL so having the ability to have offline storage would be a must.

Jan 28, 2019 at 3:21 PM Post #1,752 of 3,190
I was thinking about the A&K SR15 but I don't wanna spend the $, anyone use the Fiio M6 before?

Jan 28, 2019 at 5:38 PM Post #1,753 of 3,190
I have a Pioneer XDP 300R. It works with Tidal on and offline. There is a known issue with the jacks breaking though, plus IMO it feels outdated - the screen is tiny and it runs a basic version of Android. Does the Hiby R6 not fit the bill?

Jan 28, 2019 at 6:15 PM Post #1,754 of 3,190
I have a Pioneer XDP 300R. It works with Tidal on and offline. There is a known issue with the jacks breaking though, plus IMO it feels outdated - the screen is tiny and it runs a basic version of Android. Does the Hiby R6 not fit the bill?
Hiby R6 works fine for me. Waiting for the R6 Pro.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back