IMR - R1 Thread
Jan 19, 2019 at 5:32 PM Post #1,681 of 3,190
Let's just all take a deep breath LOL...

I emailed Bob and asked if the Zenith is the best sounding IEM he's ever been involved with (even back in the Trinity days). He assured me that this is the greatest IEM he's done (or been involved with) to date. Count me excited!

Jan 19, 2019 at 5:54 PM Post #1,682 of 3,190

I emailed Bob and asked if the Zenith is the best sounding IEM he's ever been involved with (even back in the Trinity days). He assured me that this is the greatest IEM he's done (or been involved with) to date. Count me excited!
Count me too! Waiting to be blown away. I had (still have) a few of the Trinity units, but the R1 was definitely in a different league (never tried the Hunter though). So, if the Zenith is, as it appears, a significant improvement over the R1, it's endgame material.

Jan 21, 2019 at 6:49 AM Post #1,683 of 3,190
Calm down, people.
I haven't follow the "trinity case," I didn't buy the first R1s, and I haven't receive the Zeniths yet. In other words, this is my first time dealing with Bob and I think that I am getting the normal customer treatment. However, at least until now, I have nothing but good things to say about Bob.

As far as I know, he is on time and I prefer to wait one or two extra weeks and receive a good product than rush IMR and receive a crappy iem. Let's be honest and fair, he is probably the most stressed person on this thread at the moment. Calm down, at least for now. :D

PS: all companies have special customers that receive a special treatment. why wouldn't IMR have special customers? I bet that all the other audio companies have them as well. At least, as far as I know, the special customers of IMR are not the "independent reviewers."

Last edited:
Jan 21, 2019 at 8:03 AM Post #1,684 of 3,190
PS: all companies have special customers that receive a special treatment. why wouldn't IMR have special customers? I bet that all the other audio companies have them as well. At least, as far as I know, the special customers of IMR are not the "independent reviewers."

Think Bob has been pretty straightforward in all of the IMR stuff, as far as I can see. I can understand why people who got caught up in the latter-day Trinity stuff might be a bit gun-shy (and that's their prerogative), but I'd like to hope those who have just dealt with IMR will be able to give them the benefit of the doubt, especially as delivery isn't technically overdue yet.

Just on a side note, I reviewed a loaner of the original R1 when it was still in pre production, and liked it so much I arranged to buy it when it finally hit production. I contacted Bob about reviewing the Zenith as I wanted to see where he has gone next with the tuning and port design, and was told that review units wouldn't be doing the rounds until next month, once the initial preorder units have all shipped out. He's sorting customers out first (as it should be), so I don't think people need to be worrying about "preferential customers" or reviewers getting their hands on the gear before the people who paid up front.

Just my 0.02c - I was a backer of multiple Trinity products, so I can see both sides of the argument where it comes to pre-orders, but I'd say just as long as the units go out by the end of the month, people should give the benefit of the doubt where possible.

Jan 21, 2019 at 9:24 AM Post #1,685 of 3,190
I am really starting to hate the majority of the reviewers. They don't pay for the products and then everything is fan-tas-tic so they can keep the sample units (to sell?). For example, I simply can't stand Z reviews, everything makes him crap himself - I can't even imagine the smell in his apartment. I think that some of the so-called reviewers can not even recognize good sound and base their preferences on the name/friendship of the brand and on the price of the product.

As far as I can see, and my capacity to see the audio industry is very limited, as any normal paying customer, IMR is not trying to influence the reviewers. At least for me, that is a plus. They gave priority to the first backers and to the former clients of the R1, which seems fair to me, even considering that I am not a member of those groups.

That being said, I really hope that the zeniths are good, otherwise I will be the first one to tell.

Jan 21, 2019 at 10:23 AM Post #1,686 of 3,190
I'm a sucker for audio punishment, love Bob's products but still out of pocket for 3 trinity items and really like the ones I got. Love the R1 and so looking forward to the Zenith.

Jan 21, 2019 at 12:20 PM Post #1,687 of 3,190

With all due respect he's not exactly going to claim the opposite is he? Unless it's that reverse psychology at work? "Nope absolute rubbish these, don't touch em with a barge pole", and watch them fly out the door :) :p

Enjoy them when you get them :)

Jan 21, 2019 at 12:27 PM Post #1,688 of 3,190
With all due respect he's not exactly going to claim the opposite is he? Unless it's that reverse psychology at work? "Nope absolute rubbish these, don't touch em with a barge pole", and watch them fly out the door :) :p

Enjoy them when you get them :)
Yes, point taken. Similar to calling a restaurant and asking how good their food is. Anyway, I'll be very happy if they are better than the R1s and the driver flex has been eliminated.

Jan 21, 2019 at 2:55 PM Post #1,689 of 3,190
Yes, point taken. Similar to calling a restaurant and asking how good their food is. Anyway, I'll be very happy if they are better than the R1s and the driver flex has been eliminated.

I'd like to know this as well... Bob assured me that this won't be an issue this time due to the larger vent. Has anyone who has theirs already had driver flex?

Jan 21, 2019 at 3:22 PM Post #1,692 of 3,190
how are the soundstage and the image?
I think a good analogy would be the R1 is like the HD 650 and the Zenith is like the Focal Clear... the good just gets better.

With that level of improvement, they need to be treated with an extended break-in. It took 150 hours of LOUD EDM for them to reach perfection.

Last edited:
Jan 21, 2019 at 3:33 PM Post #1,693 of 3,190
any reviews from those that have received their Zeniths?

Jan 21, 2019 at 9:34 PM Post #1,694 of 3,190
Hi

I am Korean and completed the payment on December 30th.

And on January 2, Bob sent zenith.

A week later I received a zenith.

But I found the problem of zenith.

The problem was that Bob had contact because the phases of both units were opposite.

Bob told me to send him a zenith or fix it myself.

So I fixed it myself.

When I opened the unit, the 2-pin connector was reversed and turned to normal.

And compared to r1, the sound was better with higher pitches and wider resolution.

Thank you

Last edited:
Jan 22, 2019 at 1:20 AM Post #1,695 of 3,190
I'd like to know this as well... Bob assured me that this won't be an issue this time due to the larger vent. Has anyone who has theirs already had driver flex?
Left side has driver flex. Right side does not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back